The RedCafe Boxing Thread

Abraxas

Surely that's the end for Povetkin. He's looked like a man fighting on his last legs for a few years now. He's got out of jail a few times. It wouldn't be nice to see him back in the ring.

LDUred

So the question is now whether Whyte will get a title shot at last.

Sadly, that's the last of Povetkin. Hopefully EH has paid him well.

Last edited:

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Made that look easy. Happy for him... gets his career back on track.

Habs

Solid win. Just got unlucky in the first fight. Hopefully he’ll fight Wilder next fight, Ruiz would also be a decent fight for him

dal

That was brilliant from Whyte and it was obvious he’d trained to mitigate Povetkin on the inside and even when blindsided, really smart training camp.

It was measured and controlled and his mentality was bang on.

I wasn’t so convinced before but he has to fight deontay now.

Fury vs Joshua August 2021

Whyte vs Wilder November 2021

Fury vs Joshua March 2022

Whyte vs Joshua August 2022

I do think Whyte and Joshua will win their respective bouts.

It would be better if fury and Joshua don’t have a rematch clause.

If it could pan out something like the above then we are in for a treat and what a story if the amateurs who fought and are practically neighbours, meet 20 years on for their 3rd fight to determine the best in the world.

LDUred

That was brilliant from Whyte and it was obvious he’d trained to mitigate Povetkin on the inside and even when blindsided, really smart training camp.

If it could pan out something like the above then we are in for a treat and what a story if the amateurs who fought and are practically neighbours, meet 20 years on for their 3rd fight to determine the best in the world.
Ruiz Jr is back in shape and in Reynoso's stable he is going to stay that way. He has a tune-up against Arreola scheduled for May 1st. Hearn said that Whyte will be getting out for a summer tune up, so why not arrange a showdown with Ruiz Jr for the end of the year?

I'd rather see Wilder vs Whyte but the problem is Wilder. Fury smashed his ego to pieces and it's another case of a boxer not being able to handle getting beat once. Same as when Kovalev lost to Ward.

Last edited:

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
For all the UK members, which I understand is almost all of you. My book is now officially available to purchase ahead of the global release tomorrow. The story of the greatest bantamweight of all-time and a fighter so great he was ranked by The Ring and The International Boxing Research Organization as one of the top 20 boxers of all-time.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Eder-Jofre-Brazils-Boxing-Champion/dp/1949783057/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=eder jofre&qid=1616704673&sr=8-1&fbclid=IwAR33Lpl9rqzHQbXXY5aGQOnDJ_bCTlK1I4ZDUv7stj2vU54AHEoAzR2Hs24

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Eder-Jofre-Brazils-Boxing-Champion/dp/1949783057/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=eder jofre&qid=1616704673&sr=8-1&fbclid=IwAR33Lpl9rqzHQbXXY5aGQOnDJ_bCTlK1I4ZDUv7stj2vU54AHEoAzR2Hs24
Out of stock at the moment so congratulations. I will definitely buy a copy as appreciate your boxing postings and insight on here.

Deery

Dreary
Nice one the Frampton v Herring fight is free to air on channel 5 Saturday, Frampton’s bid to become 3 weight world champion...

Andersons Dietician

Dillian Whyte Vs Deontay Wilder would be such a fun scrap. Who you got?
Been saying it for like 3-4 years Wilder is crap and Dillian beats him all day long so ain’t changing my mind from that.

On this subject just seem a clip Dillian put up on his Instagram of Wilder talking about him. Wilder must seriously be delusional and have a bunch of yes men around him. Should hear some of the ridiculous things he is saying. Says Whyte ducks real fighters. Mate, who the feck have you fought bar Fury who you thought you would get a comfortable ride given he hadn’t fought in an age and was unfit. Whilst Whyte has fought Parker, Povotkin, AJ and the likes.

Wilder is an absolute joke.

Inter Yer Nan

Been saying it for like 3-4 years Wilder is crap and Dillian beats him all day long so ain’t changing my mind from that.

On this subject just seem a clip Dillian put up on his Instagram of Wilder talking about him. Wilder must seriously be delusional and have a bunch of yes men around him. Should hear some of the ridiculous things he is saying. Says Whyte ducks real fighters. Mate, who the feck have you fought bar Fury who you thought you would get a comfortable ride given he hadn’t fought in an age and was unfit. Whilst Whyte has fought Parker, Povotkin, AJ and the likes.

Wilder is an absolute joke.
I like and respect most fighters. Wilder I can’t stand though. He’s a scumbag and as you say, totally delusional. Whyte has fought a lot of the top guys. Wilder fought a 40+ Luis Ortiz, and tried to pick a fight with Fury because he figured he was washed up and couldn’t punch. Admitted to turning down a huge Joshua payday despite crying for years about being ducked, and he even turned down $7m for Whyte said “it’s not about the money” but asked for $13m so clearly he didn’t even want to risk it with Whyte.

It’s a 50/50. Whyte is wild and can be caught so Wilder could ice him but Wilder has no chin, no legs, and is a mental midget. If Whyte lands first that’s all she wrote. I’d pay to see the fight even though it wouldn’t go beyond three.

The Hilton

If Fury treats the fight with respect, then Joshua will be lucky to lay a glove on him.

Plus there was always gonna be a rematch as there's too much money in it, they'll probably try to make a trilogy out of it.

Don't think Whyte can beat either of them - Fury is just too tall and slippery, Joshua also has the height and reach, although obviously not as much, but enough power to stop him.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Nice one the Frampton v Herring fight is free to air on channel 5 Saturday, Frampton’s bid to become 3 weight world champion...

He is 9/1 on Paddy Power to win by KO or TKO - as unlkely as it might be I've put a fiver on it as I'll be watching anyway.

Deery

Dreary
He is 9/1 on Paddy Power to win by KO or TKO - as unlkely as it might be I've put a fiver on it as I'll be watching anyway.
That’s a good price I’m only getting 5/1 with Coral, although I’ll not be betting on this one as I’ve lost too much money the last few weeks and laying off it for a while.

Just going to enjoy the fight both guys are even money so should be a good scrap..

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Herring looks so much bigger than Frampton.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Second uppercut knockdown looked in slow-motion.

Good career for Frampton.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Gutted for Carl. Has been a legend for us and absolutely love the guy but that's him done now. One of the best days of my life was in New York when I saw him beat Santa Cruz for the title

ZupZup

They looked two weight classes apart. Frampton was never really in the fight. Picked apart on the outside and bullied by the bigger, stronger fighter when he got close.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Fabulous, heartfelt interview from Frampton. Top bloke.

Deery

Dreary
Gentleman Carl Frampton wish him well for what he does in the future

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
They looked two weight classes apart. Frampton was never really in the fight. Picked apart on the outside and bullied by the bigger, stronger fighter when he got close.
Yeah it’s a tough fight if the bloke can beat you up from distance and on the inside