The RedCafe Boxing Thread

G-manc

Frampton's been finished since the Warrington fight and he was always going to struggle with his size moving up the weights. It's a good decision to retire.

LDUred

I like and respect most fighters. Wilder I can’t stand though. He’s a scumbag and as you say, totally delusional.
His antics ahead of the Fury fight reminded of Adrien Broner ahead of Maidana, and the fight played out pretty much the same, because he got his ass served to him by his opponent who saw through the hype and the bullshit. Well, Broner was a lot more talented than Wilder was but they are very similar characters.

I honestly don't think we'll see anything of Wilder at the top level again because his ego has been left in pieces. He came to boxing pretty late for his daughter's sake and he's probably already gotten what he wanted out of it.

kidbob

As someone who only really follows the big fights in boxing, can I ask why so many think Wilder is a scumbag? An overrated fighter who mostly fought bums and relies on his power and made horribly stupid excuses when Fury destroyed him I understand. However I'm not aware of anything he's done to warrant calling his a scumbag (apart from possibly the "body on his record" thing, but a lot of fighters say stupid shit like that). Can someone enlighten me?

Inter Yer Nan

As someone who only really follows the big fights in boxing, can I ask why so many think Wilder is a scumbag? An overrated fighter who mostly fought bums and relies on his power and made horribly stupid excuses when Fury destroyed him I understand. However I'm not aware of anything he's done to warrant calling his a scumbag (apart from possibly the "body on his record" thing, but a lot of fighters say stupid shit like that). Can someone enlighten me?
The body on his record is bad, and it’s also consistent with jumping a fighter (Dominic Brezeale) in front of his wife and kids and even at a press conference told that boxers young child “I’ll be the one who puts your daddy in a wheelchair” or something to that affect. He’s always trying to discredit others and his ego has made him do some ridiculous things like questioning the integrity and motives of referee Kenny Bayless, that of his own trainer when he threw him under the bus. Awful behavior. He choked out and beat up a hooker. There’s more. He’s trash.

kidbob

The body on his record is bad, and it’s also consistent with jumping a fighter (Dominic Brezeale) in front of his wife and kids and even at a press conference told that boxers young child “I’ll be the one who puts your daddy in a wheelchair” or something to that affect. He’s always trying to discredit others and his ego has made him do some ridiculous things like questioning the integrity and motives of referee Kenny Bayless, that of his own trainer when he threw him under the bus. Awful behavior. He choked out and beat up a hooker. There’s more. He’s trash.
Ah right. I wasn't aware that the body on the record thing went even further than just the comment. Sounds like a piece of work no doubt.

Deery

Dreary
6/1 for Vargas might stick a fiver on him, you seen what happened Warrington a few weeks ago and Benn still very green.

Deery

Dreary
I think it was pretty close. Bridges could have won it if not for losing her vision in the last two.
Yeah I think Bridges put up a really good fight, pushed the fight the whole way just caught with a few better punches.

Oggmonster

Has Eddie Hearn bought the rights to first 15 seconds of Fugees Ready or Not? I swear someone has the start of the song only on every one of their cards recently.

RUCK4444

Impressive from Ben, his jab has improved massively and rather than the wild hooks he relied on previously he’s vastly improved.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Benn looked very good but I thought they hyped Vargas up a lot. Only won 2 of his last 7 fights.

Oggmonster

Benn looked very good but I thought they hyped Vargas up a lot. Only won 2 of his last 7 fights.
Sky are the masters of that. You'd think everyone they get is a world beater. In their interest to do it to be fair.

Real shame is that Benn will he a box office fighter now I imagine, leaving us with the Match room journeymen on normal sky

G-manc

Benn has definitely improved. I don't find him very likeable though - why is he so angry and moody?

Deery

Dreary
Joshua got an official offer last night from the Fury camp and the details are being ironed out today, looking like we might have a fight on our hands..

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
What the feck was that? :lol: I’ve been farted on harder.