The RedCafe Boxing Thread

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Joshua was absolutely terrible, his corner needs its head pulling out its arse spending the whole fight shouting “brilliant” whilst he gets pasted.
He should have been more aggressive and used his size to rough him up more. Tried to box but he was fighting clearly a better boxer

hobbers

Fury would absolutely wipe the floor with AJ. Now we'll probably never get to see it.

He's not winning the rematch either.

LDUred

Usyk wins...Fury and Wilder laughing.

He couldn't crack Usyk's code.

I think a rematch might go even more the way of Usyk.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I was worried Usyk wasn't doing enough in the rounds to convince home judges. Well done Usyk.
Yes, I was thinking the same but in the last two I was thinking there is no fecking way they give this to Joshua. It would be another Canelo GGG.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Outstanding Usyk. I think he beats anyone. Fury, Wilder, AJ again.

I actually though my AJ did well, but there is no way that He beats him in a rematch anytime soon in my opinion. Absolute warrior.

Revan

Assumptionman
Performances like that is exactly why anyone who thinks AJ would stand a chance against Fury is a silly sausage.
Usyk might the best technical heavyweight since at least Lewis, if not longer. He will cause all types of trouble to Fury too, and would destroy Wilder.

Fury is still the best heavyweight though.

Tibs

AJ will get a rematch, but next time all this BS theatrical shit for Sky and fireworks....feck right off.

You can do that once you win, not when you're walking in, losing focus, and getting your high before you've done the job.

You live and you learn

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
The rematch will be weird; not sure what adjustments Joshua can make. Usyk is just the better boxer, and he's shown now he can carryover and fight the exact same way at HW as he did in the CW division.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Usyk might the best technical heavyweight since at least Lewis, if not longer. He will cause all types of trouble to Fury too, and would destroy Wilder.

Fury is still the best heavyweight though.
Fury is a good fighter but my word he his over rated in this place. He's not that *good* and will probably be sparked in his next fight.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Watching this explains why Eddie ducked Fury so long for AJ. Boxing like this, the undisputed fight would’ve been extremely one sided.
That didn't happen though, did it? It as all but confirmed Fury turned down an offer from AJ because he wanted 50/50 when he held no belts and couldn't put half the number of bums on seats AJ could.

AJ will have a rematch clause. His corner will need to seriously work on his game plan, because he got schooled tonight.

Paxi

Usyk is so fecking good. I didn't think he was big enough but who needs that when you're that skilled :lol:
His movement is unbelievable for a heavyweight. Amazing the way he gets into the middle of the ring without seemingly doing too much. He just kind of ends up there.

Rooney1987

Deserved. Superb performance from Usyk. Guess the undisputed fight has to wait even longer now with the rematch.
Fury was talking about Dillion next saving AJ for next year, although this puts that in to doubt. I assume we'll get Fury/Whyte and AJ/Usyk rematch (you know it'll be in the contract), between Dec to March. Summer fights either winner fights. Loser gets Wilder.

Leg-End

He should have been more aggressive and used his size to rough him up more. Tried to box but he was fighting clearly a better boxer
Warren said pre fight that AJ is gun shy now and he’s totally right. Ruiz has ruined him, he tries to box and it’s not his strength at all, not one big right even thrown tonight and that’s shocking.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
The rematch will be weird; not sure what adjustments Joshua can make. Usyk is just the better boxer, and he's shown now he can carryover and fight the exact same way at HW as he did in the CW division.
Usyk will probably get better

Fooza

AJ will get a rematch, but next time all this BS theatrical shit for Sky and fireworks....feck right off.

You can do that once you win, not when you're walking in, losing focus, and getting your high before you've done the job.

You live and you learn
I was surprised by his walk in. I mean he looked like he won the fight before the fight actually started. I maybe being harsh here and it's the niceness in him that makes him want to interact with the fans.

Dan_F

You live and you learn
Why are people so wound up by this. If you can’t do that as reigning world champion, when can you do it.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
My wife’s Ukrainian and I have watched a lot of Usyk’s fights since he turned pro, so I have a real soft spot for him. An utterly brilliant performance. One of the all time boxing greats. Travels the world, goes to everyone’s home, outboxes them and takes their belts. Legend.

Hopefully the great heavyweight fights keep on coming.

BEST No7

Fury would've done the same to Joshua. It'll never happen now, wilder and josh will have to take the bronze medal match tbh. Fury vs Usyk will be for the undisputed

lsd

The Oracle
Was a poor fight Joshua is very limited which is why he has been protected. Usyk is good but is he a proper heavyweight? Certainly cant see him being able to cope with Fury.

Sadly we will no doubt have to endure AJ and Usyk again though.

This is not exactly a great era for heavyweight boxing

Paxi

I take it there is a mandatory rematch for AJ? They’ll want it quick I reckon. I think he’ll try to be more aggressive in the rematch but not sure if it’ll work as Usyk would counter that shit all day long.

Judas

Open to offers
Bit like Wilder/Fury 3, do we even need to see a rematch? I don't see any way AJ comes back and beats him. It's nothing like the Ruiz loss at all. Totally out classed.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
If it was just on ability, yeh he does. But Fury is too big. He'd jab and lean on him for 12 rounds and exhaust Usyk.
Yeah. I imagine Fury’s game plan would be smarter than AJ’s too. It’s a fight I really want to see

Revan

Assumptionman
Fury is a good fighter but my word he his over rated in this place. He's not that *good* and will probably be sparked in his next fight.
The others are bad though. Joshua is average but large and has KO power, Wilder has no fundamentals at all but has massive power, Ruiz is obese and the others are shit. Usyk is obviously the best, but a bit smaller than the others. Will be fun to see him vs Fury.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Joshua was absolutely terrible, his corner needs its head pulling out its arse spending the whole fight shouting “brilliant” whilst he gets pasted.
"Brilliant AJ!" :lol:

No idea who it was but it really sounded like Robbie Williams.