The RedCafe Boxing Thread

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Should be a banger. No time to grab a beer or make a cuppa during rounds
Yarde is a gifted and powerful enough offensive fighter to make it a very interesting fight for me. I still think Beterbiev will wreck him though, particularly if the fight makes it into the later rounds. Looking forward to this one a lot.
Yeah should be some fireworks. I mean, it won’t obviously be the sheer boxing spectacle that Jake Paul and Tommy Fury will be…if the boxing media’s excitement is to be believed….but hopefully it’ll still be watchable

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Yeah should be some fireworks. I mean, it won’t obviously be the sheer boxing spectacle that Jake Paul and Tommy Fury will be…if the boxing media’s excitement is to be believed….but hopefully it’ll still be watchable
Actually quite nice it isn’t a PPV fight. Not seen much hype about it but this could be one of the fights of the year even though it won’t go past the 6th.

Looking forward to this one

M15 Red.

Has anyone watched any of Tyan Booth's boxing livestreams over the past year or two? They're possibly one of the most bizarre thing's I've ever seen on the Internet.

Be Safe.

G-manc

Looking forward to the BT show tonight. Big ask for Yarde but he doesn’t lack confidence.

Looking forward to seeing Tommy Fletcher again too. Seems to be blessed with freakish power.

SambaBoy

Will the fight be on after our game or will the two clash?

What time is the expected ringwalk?

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Has anyone watched any of Tyan Booth's boxing livestreams over the past year or two? They're possibly one of the most bizarre thing's I've ever seen on the Internet.

Be Safe.
Link?

M15 Red.

https://youtube.com/@TyFLTV

In a nutshell, it seems Tyan did a bit of work for Kugan Cassius in the early days of IFLTV before a dispute over money ended their relationship. Tyan then set up his own channel TYFLTV, which he uses to take the piss out of Kugan, Eddie Hearn, Joshua, Froch etc. There's even a merchandise section selling hoodies of Frochs brother Lee, mocking his alcohol addiction.

His livestreams mainly consist of him talking shit in his front room whilst getting drunk on echo falls, smoking weed and pissing in milk bottles. As I said above, it's all a bit bizarre.

BBer13

this fight will be decided on whether yarde has the stamina for 12rounds, if he can keep it up then he has a chance.

BBer13

both fighters have great chins, could be over soon though. beterbiev coming on strong now.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Yeah he was fecked, was about to get sent to darkness if they hadn’t stepped in

Abraxas

Beterbiev does look vulnerable in some fights but he finds a way. Very consistent, heavy handed power. It seems to come naturally to him, his ordinary shots hurt fighters.

Credit to Yarde, would have beaten most fighters at world level tonight. Tough guy.

chris123

Beterbiev does look vulnerable in some fights but he finds a way. Very consistent, heavy handed power. It seems to come naturally to him, his ordinary shots hurt fighters.

Credit to Yarde, would have beaten most fighters at world level tonight. Tough guy.
The Callum Johnson fight should have shown that Beterbiev is vulnerable. Very fun fighter, but I don't think he'll really want any part of Bivol.

Vapor trail

I think Bivol is the best in his weight class but styles make fights. Yarde gave a very good account of himself. Didn't have the endurance to continue with the pace he set. Shows he belongs at world level at the very least.

Abraxas

The Callum Johnson fight should have shown that Beterbiev is vulnerable. Very fun fighter, but I don't think he'll really want any part of Bivol.
Yeah, I think Bivol is a pretty horrendous matchup for him in terms of styles. Bivol is so precise, his defence is tight. Not a massive puncher but enough to get respect and I think he would exploit so many of the openings Beterbiev presents. I doubt Beterbiev is worried about facing anyone personally, you'd always back yourself with the power he has but I just think Bivol is not an easy guy to stop and even harder to outbox.

SambaBoy

What a fight, think there was like 2-3 clinches the whole fight. Rest was just them going toe to toe.

I think Callum Smith should take the Beterbiev fight if Beterbiev doesn't fancy Bivol.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Yard’s improved a lot, but it’s too late in the game for him to really turn things around, I think. If only he was where he is at now 5yrs ago, the outlook could’ve been different.

Will be interesting to see how much that fight has shortened their careers by; you don’t come out of those the same fighter you came in as.

Baneofthegame

Callum Johnson is one of the biggest punchers in the division and Beterbiev still got back up and annihilated him.

Hear wants smith to fight him before undisputed which unless Bivol is having a Canelo rematch is just aging Beterbiev even further.

Personally think Smith will get broken down worse than Yarde if they fight, Bivol has a much better chance to win a UD, has great skills and the style for Beterbiev, but I thought the same of The Nail and Beterbiev still broke him down eventually.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
For those interested in Boxing history and perhaps some debate I put up my top 5's from the original 8 weight classes. Keep in mind it's not necessarily who'd beat who head-to-head more the level of accomplishments, opponents and how they measure in their era relative to all-time both skills-wise and competition-wise. I'd be interested to see others lists.

Heavyweight
1. Muhammad Ali (USA)
2. Joe Louis (USA)
3. Jack Johhnson (USA)
4. Rocky Marciano (USA)
5. Larry Holmes (USA)

Light-Heavyweight
1. Ezzard Charles (USA)
2. Archie Moore (USA)
3. Michael Spinks (USA)
4. Tommy Loughran (USA)
5. Gene Tunney (USA)

Middleweight
1. Harry Greb (USA)
2. Carlos Monzon (Argentina)
3. Sugar Ray Robinson (USA)
4. Marvelous Marvin Hagler (USA)
5. Stanley Ketchel (USA)

Welterweight
1. Sugar Ray Robinson (USA)
2. Kid Gavilan (Cuba)
3. Sugar Ray Leonard (USA)
4. Jose Napoles (Cuba)
5. Emile Griffith (Virgin Islands)

Lightweight
1. Benny Leonard (USA)
2. Joe Gans (USA)
3. Carlos Ortiz (Puerto Rico)
4. Roberto Duran (Panama)
5. Pernell Whitaker (USA)

Featherweight
1. Willie Pep (USA)
2. Sandy Saddler (USA)
3. Salvador Sanchez (Mexico)
4. Abe Attell (USA)
5. Vicente Saldivar (Mexico)

Bantamweight
1. Eder Jofre (Brazil)
2. Ruben Olivares (Mexico)
3. Carlos Zarate (Mexico)
4. Manuel Ortiz (USA)
5. Panama Al Brown (Panama)

Flyweight
1. Jimmy Wilde (Wales)
2. Miguel Canto (Mexico)
3. Pascual Perez (Argentina)
4. Pancho Villa (Phillipines)
5. Benny Lynch (Scotland)

Pound for Pound top 10
1. Sugar Ray Robinson (USA)
2. Henry Armstrong (USA)
3. Harry Greb (USA)
4. Sam Langford (Canada)
5. Willie Pep (USA)
6. Roberto Duran (Panama)
7. Eder Jofre (Brazil)
8. Ezzard Charles (USA)
9. Benny Leonard (USA)
10. Carlos Ortiz (Puerto Rico)

Obviously very open for debate and occasionally the lists change a little bit since so many great fighters are hard to separate. Some modern-era fighters like Roy Jones, Floyd Mayweather, Manny Pacquaio, Juan Manuel Marquez etc; are clearly great and even better than some of the fighters on the lists but due to this being a 17 division, 4 belt era often move around more and don't get the same kind of lengthy stranglehold on divisions as in the past.
Hey @Inter Yer Nan long time no speak! I wanted to ask you if you still stand by this or has anything changed? Also, you don't have Hearns in any division, but all of the other big 4?

Inter Yer Nan

Hey @Inter Yer Nan long time no speak! I wanted to ask you if you still stand by this or has anything changed? Also, you don't have Hearns in any division, but all of the other big 4?
Hearns, I’d say pound-for-pound and head-to-head would rate higher than he does in any divisional ranking as he never stayed long enough to make a top 5 in any division IMO.

There’s some of my own picks here I’d not quite agree with anymore but for the most part, I’d keep most of it the same.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Hearns, I’d say pound-for-pound and head-to-head would rate higher than he does in any divisional ranking as he never stayed long enough to make a top 5 in any division IMO.

There’s some of my own picks here I’d not quite agree with anymore but for the most part, I’d keep most of it the same.
Haha. Re-do!? :angel:

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Thoughts on Adam Azim? Won again last night to go 8-0 and he seems to be getting the British hype but I don't really see anything particularly special about him.

F-Red

Eubank will & it's his call on invoking it. Smith will relish it as he'll be able to put it on in Liverpool. Sky will love it as they can build the hype. I can see the value in them putting on a rematch, however I didn't pay for the first fight so I probably wouldn't pay for the second.
I don’t see a rematch benefiting anyone really myself. Was such an emphatic defeat. I don’t think anyone would want to try and promote that!
Eubank's ego was always going to predictably call on the rematch.

https://www.skysports.com/boxing/ne...-eubank-jr-triggers-liam-smith-rematch-clause

Anfield being touted as a venue at the end of May.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Anyone see the Wood v Lara fight? Fair stoppage from the corner?

Bit premature for me. Less than 10 seconds left in the round and throwing the towel in on the champion just seemed a bit over the top with so little left of the round.

Wood was romping the fight until that but it was one hell of a punch.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Anyone see the Wood v Lara fight? Fair stoppage from the corner?
He was wibbling all over the place even after the fight had been stopped. Ok maybe he would have lasted 10 seconds more and made it to the break but from a health point of view absolutely the right call. Surprised the ref was about to let it go tbh.

G-manc

Wood will be kicking himself this morning. He’d seen out Lara’s dangerous early spell and he was noticeably tired when he’s uncorked that hook.