The RedCafe Boxing Thread

CLK_FPC

Fists of Fury
YH I WAS WATCHING ONLINE I WAS GOING TO PM YOU A LINK AFTER I POSTED AROUND 2 BUT I THOUGHT YOU WERE GONE.
Gamboa did his buisness last night as well won in around 30 seconds

Leg-End

Nah its ok man, I found one more or less straight after I posted it.

Leg-End

Tough to say really, I think winners are Cotto and Pavlik but im not sure how. I know I would like to see Cotto take Jennings apart and Pavlik get back on the road. I know one thing, I hope I find a cracking stream :)

Leg-End

Cheers, I will hang around the boxing forums, they seem to hand them out quite easily enough.

Leg-End

Yeah he went further than I thought he would, not a surprising result though. I went for KO inside 6 so not bad.

Leg-End

Ask him what the feck he was doing with his head against Baldomir.

Rooney1987

James DeGale, Frankie Gavin and Billy Joe Saunders will all be making there professional debut's tonight. I am really looking forward to these fights anyone else watching.

Leg-End

What channel is it on? I know Thaxton is on ITV4 so my only choice is to watch that.

Leg-End

And he has, and to be honest he deserved to lose. Knocked the guy over round 1 and had a 10-7 round and then just did nothing for the next 11 rounds, looked tired and was outclassed by a guy with not much class himself.

Leg-End

DeGale fight then, boo'd on his debut win, couldn't knock his guy about let alone out, pissed off the fans and the media all after coming into the ring like he was a world champion in arrogance.

All of the above is a very harsh write up of what I saw. In reality he was fighting a guy who clearly was just fighting to survive and was a shell behind his hands. DeGale still boxes like an amatuer fighter and it will take him alot of time to adjust to the pro game, his style tonight would have been an awesome display in the amatuer ranks but tonight he just wanted to hit some nice combos then back out. The crowd got on his back when the found out he clearly wasn't going to pile into his man, and to be honest its understandable on your debut to get a feel for it, especially when he was basically back handing his jab. I think in time he will be a very classy boxer but he clearly needs time and work on his fighting aspect. All in all not that impressive but not like he was utter shit and deserved to be boo'd, thickle old public.

CLK_FPC

Fists of Fury
Its true it was a very measured performance but nothing to get onto him for.
Rogan just took out Skelton new European and Commonwealth champ to be fair he deserved it his story is a fairytale one if ever i saw or heard one

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
Im watching didnt realise it was on Setanta until today
Yeah I saw the advert at halftime of the scouse today, Thought it'd be another ESPN blog night but instead I got live coverage :D

Then... I got called into work.

Leg-End

I'm sure I will find a stream for this one so might as well stay up and watch it.

horselesspaul

Man Utd fan
It's Manchester United, United or Man United.
DeGale fight then, boo'd on his debut win, couldn't knock his guy about let alone out, pissed off the fans and the media all after coming into the ring like he was a world champion in arrogance.

All of the above is a very harsh write up of what I saw. In reality he was fighting a guy who clearly was just fighting to survive and was a shell behind his hands. DeGale still boxes like an amatuer fighter and it will take him alot of time to adjust to the pro game, his style tonight would have been an awesome display in the amatuer ranks but tonight he just wanted to hit some nice combos then back out. The crowd got on his back when the found out he clearly wasn't going to pile into his man, and to be honest its understandable on your debut to get a feel for it, especially when he was basically back handing his jab. I think in time he will be a very classy boxer but he clearly needs time and work on his fighting aspect. All in all not that impressive but not like he was utter shit and deserved to be boo'd, thickle old public.
DeGale has a lot to learn and I hope he does. One of those things would be to rein in the 'tude until he's a real pro fighter. Another is that Frank Warren could damage his career for ever if he's not careful. Terry Marsh had a point, even if his aim was off that night..

Leg-End

Fantastic fight, that was all action non-stop. Diaz didn't look so good once he got cut, once JMM got through the first time in the 8th it looked like he was gonna stop him, and then did in the 9th. Great fight.