Gaming The RedCafe General/Random Gaming Chat Thread

M16Red

Haven't played the second game yet, but you also needed port crystals, which were limited and relatively scarce, for fast travel in the first game, and it took a long time to get the option in the first place. So it sounds exactly the same, only now they've made them available through microtransactions which is never a good look.

I rarely, if ever used fast travel in the first game. Yes, it meant having to do long treks from time to time, but I kinda liked it as it meant I had to plan certain side quests more carefully, especially if there was a risk of ending up in the middle of the wilds when night falls. It might sound like it's just removing features that have become genre conventions, but it's part of the adventure really.
To get round the port crystals, there are 4 in the game and this will help get the money to buy fierystones.

Ainu

I'm finally playing Chrono Trigger for the first time ever. For some reason I just never got around to it. I still rate FFVI as the greatest JRPG of all time and I know many people put Chrono Trigger next to or even ahead of it, so I'm curious to find out how well it's held up.

Would've been nice if this was available through Switch Online but I doubt that's ever going to happen at this point, so I settled on the Steam version. I can't compare to the original but it seems fine so far.