Gaming The RedCafe General/Random Gaming Chat Thread

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Just completed Assassins Creed: Black Flag... I have no idea what the story was about, the last mission thing was fecking awful. However, the rest of it was pretty decent I suppose. Took me a good few days to complete the storyline part, still got all the other stuff to do, which tbh, some of it is quite fun (smashing Forts, legendary ships :drool: , even the assassinations I enjoy). However, got to collect all the daft stuff (shanties, fragments, chests) will bore me a bit. I doubt I'll ever go and 100% everything though. Too much effort for too little reward.

NM

Paper Mario on the Wii is one of my favorite games ever.

@Olly have you played it or similar games?

Lance Uppercut

Just completed Assassins Creed: Black Flag... I have no idea what the story was about, the last mission thing was fecking awful. However, the rest of it was pretty decent I suppose. Took me a good few days to complete the storyline part, still got all the other stuff to do, which tbh, some of it is quite fun (smashing Forts, legendary ships :drool: , even the assassinations I enjoy). However, got to collect all the daft stuff (shanties, fragments, chests) will bore me a bit. I doubt I'll ever go and 100% everything though. Too much effort for too little reward.
Yeah, the story line was all over the f*cking place. I did all of the forts and the story, that's all. Trading it and Infamous tomorrow.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Yeah, the story line was all over the f*cking place. I did all of the forts and the story, that's all. Trading it and Infamous tomorrow.
The forts are brilliant imo :lol: The legendary ships are absolutely mental, they'll be great fun to take down. I still want to explore a bit because I was too busy trying to complete the main story I didn't really explore.

Trading them in for any game in particular?

Lance Uppercut

I only tried one of the legendary ships, to no avail.

I am hoping that Bound by Flame will be good, so that's one. It's out on Friday, I think. Failing that, Wolfenstein is out this month, too.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
Paper Mario on the Wii is one of my favorite games ever.

@Olly have you played it or similar games?
Nope, for some reason I've yet to get round to playing the Paper Mario games. In case you aren't aware of the others, there are three more on the N64, Gamecube and 3DS :)

NM

Nope, for some reason I've yet to get round to playing the Paper Mario games. In case you aren't aware of the others, there are three more on the N64, Gamecube and 3DS :)
Correct but they are turn based RPGs or similar right?

This one was a platformer.. It was glorious. You could play as Mario, Luigi, Peach and Bowser, and it had a very UnMario like story.

Lance Uppercut

500 dollars?!? :lol:

I wonder if you have to blow in it to get the games to work.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Scout
Sounds pretty cool, but for that kind of price I'd probably rather get an XRGB upscaler and then I could use the original consoles. Plus I wouldn't be limited to just NES and Famicom.

This one was a platformer.. It was glorious. You could play as Mario, Luigi, Peach and Bowser, and it had a very UnMario like story.
I'm not sure. There are the Mario and Luigi RPG series which are turn based, so it might be those you're thinking of.

NM

I'm not sure. There are the Mario and Luigi RPG series which are turn based, so it might be those you're thinking of.
Don't think so. I did just buy the 3ds Paper Mario, but that's an RPG.

Looked it up - only Super Paper Mario on the WII was a platformer. I would recommend it to EVERYBODY.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Scout
Don't think so. I did just buy the 3ds Paper Mario, but that's an RPG.

Looked it up - only Super Paper Mario on the WII was a platformer. I would recommend it to EVERYBODY.
Ah right. I'll definitely try it/them out sometime. I often say that but for some reason usually forget to actually do it. This time I mean it though :lol:

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I only tried one of the legendary ships, to no avail.

I am hoping that Bound by Flame will be good, so that's one. It's out on Friday, I think. Failing that, Wolfenstein is out this month, too.
Might give Bound by Flame a go actually, could be decent, sure I heard there was to be a demo though?

Which legendary ship did you try? I got absolutely battered by the pair of ships! Bastards.

Lance Uppercut

Might give Bound by Flame a go actually, could be decent, sure I heard there was to be a demo though?

Which legendary ship did you try? I got absolutely battered by the pair of ships! Bastards.
The one in the top left of the map. It kept ramming me.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
New Unreal Tournament platforms - Windows PC, Linux and Mac.

Will be free. Not free to play, but *free*.

First news, fantastic.

Lance Uppercut

Early Bound by Flame reviews are all over the place. From a 4 to an 8.

Bebe

Has anyone played Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons? Just finished it, what a fantastic game. That and Journey are by far the two best games I've played in a long time, which says a lot about gaming as a whole right now.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Has anyone played Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons? Just finished it, what a fantastic game. That and Journey are by far the two best games I've played in a long time, which says a lot about gaming as a whole right now.
I have. It really is a great little game.

I remember being caught totally off-guard by how dark it gets.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Awesome. Far Cry 3 was brilliant!

Great poster/box-art too.

NM

Anybody play MOTORACER? One of my favorite games from the 90s.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.

Kind of, kind of not. Paper Mario 64 is the best, followed by the Gamecube one for me. Just playing the 3DS one now and it's promising :)

The original game that sparked these was Super Mario RPG and was a joing game by Square and Nintendo. If people haven't played it and like the Final Fantasy/16-bit rpgs then you bloody well should!

Alock1

Anyone ever play Phantasy Star Universe? Absolutely loved that game, wasted so many hours on it and it was worth it. Can't wait for PSO 2
I don't think it'll come out in the West. They do have English subs in Asia so I guess a lot of works done but I'm not sure they'll see it worth the risk. I don't see it doing well here which is a massive shame.

I was thinking of importing it for the Vita a while back and using a VPN but I'm concerned about my connection.

Twigg

Not Twigginator
Supports
100 extrapolation
I don't think it'll come out in the West. They do have English subs in Asia so I guess a lot of works done but I'm not sure they'll see it worth the risk. I don't see it doing well here which is a massive shame.

I was thinking of importing it for the Vita a while back and using a VPN but I'm concerned about my connection.
Shame. I hope they do take the risk, though. I'm downloading the English patched version for PC as we speak. Can't wait.

Redlambs

Two absolutely brilliant games people should play if they've not before that randomly popped into my mind earlier.

Vampire: The masquerade - bloodlines. On PC with the mods to unlock the full characters at least. Great vampire rpg.

Shadowrunner on the Snes. Extremely good cyberpunk action rpg, kind of like The Matrix meets Fallout.

You are welcome.

Redlambs

Shadowrun? I looked at it before after hearing some of the music but it's usually pretty expensive on eBay :(
It's awesome. Well worth playing on an emulator. It came out around the time of Syndicate (another great game people should play) and had a very similar feel in terms of setting.

It's been at least 15 years since Iast played it, probably longer, yet I still him the intro and main music :drool:

Alock1

Didn't Shadowrun get a re-release recently? I remember my mate talking to me about it, and not the one that was on 360 it was like a CRPG sort of thing?

Or is that something else?

Shame. I hope they do take the risk, though. I'm downloading the English patched version for PC as we speak. Can't wait.
Let me know how it goes man!

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Scout
It's awesome. Well worth playing on an emulator. It came out around the time of Syndicate (another great game people should play) and had a very similar feel in terms of setting.

It's been at least 15 years since Iast played it, probably longer, yet I still him the intro and main music :drool:
:( I maybe have to though I guess, since I doubt I'll be buying it any time soon.

This is the music I heard from it that made me want to check it out

:cool:

Redlambs

Didn't Shadowrun get a re-release recently? I remember my mate talking to me about it, and not the one that was on 360 it was like a CRPG sort of thing?

Or is that something else?
The original team got funded to do a new version yes, though I'm yet to try it. The original was a masterpiece of it's time though, severely underrated back then too.

:( I maybe have to though I guess, since I doubt I'll be buying it any time soon.

This is the music I heard from it that made me want to check it out

:cool:
I have it :)

There is a lot of great music and art in the game, very atmospheric and a great rpg all round. Baring in mind it was released in '93, you won't believe how much of it has been ripped off even to this day.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Scout
I have it :)

There is a lot of great music and art in the game, very atmospheric and a great rpg all round. Baring in mind it was released in '93, you won't believe how much of it has been ripped off even to this day.
I don't play that many RPGs so I might not notice things that have been ripped off TBH.

Atmospheric sounds good, I do love a good atmosphere. I'll probably end up really liking it, and it'll be another for my list of expensive SNES games I want but can't have :lol:

Redlambs

I don't play that many RPGs so I might not notice things that have been ripped off TBH.

Atmospheric sounds good, I do love a good atmosphere. I'll probably end up really liking it, and it'll be another for my list of expensive SNES games I want but can't have :lol:
It's really an action RPG. Basically Fallout before Fallout existed, but it is dark and moody and really styled well all round. I highly recommend it.