Gaming The RedCafe General/Random Gaming Chat Thread

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I still need to build another arcade machine. I once game very close to owning an actual Escape from the planet of the robot monsters (great game btw) machine, but the deal fell through. Of all my collection, that would have been most awesome :(

Redlambs

The last one I built was the complete collection of arcade roms. I really need to do one with everything up to the Dreamcast.

But I've come close to owning a actual machine a few times. The worst thing was I once worked in a police station and in a shed outside they had virtually a whole arcade just siting there including an original Streetfighter 2 machine. I couldn't get it :(

Redlambs

Don't worry, I reckon they didn't work and that's why they left them out there. Yes, that's probably it :)

BTW, do you know anything about doing this kind of thing? - http://www.mmmonkey.co.uk/cheaper-super-mario-rpg-cartridge/

Is it as confusing as it looks?
It's not really difficult on first view, but then again I have plenty of experience of fecking with things like this. I know there's plenty of knockoffs of old console games like this knocking around.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
It's not really difficult on first view, but then again I have plenty of experience of fecking with things like this. I know there's plenty of knockoffs of old console games like this knocking around.
I saw someone on another forum had done the same with a copy Mother 2 which was really cool seeing how expensive Earthbound is. There's so many Super Famicom games that were never released outside of Japan that I want (plus a few that were but go for stupid prices), it's bloody annoying.

I guess learning Japanese is the other option, which I actually want to at some point, but that will take me bloody ages. The cartridges will have probably eroded by the time I get round to it.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I really want to play that and Age of Wonders 3 but i just don't have the money. :(

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
For thost that don't know to get it or not, get it. The game is amazing. 10+ hours in, just scratched the surface of it. The map is dense, with a lot to do, lot to see, lot to talk to, slightly less to fight. It's turn based combat, done great.

And what other game just lets you chill a bit, after a hard days work?

And herem, our heroes discussing new literature works with a nice cup of tea...

Iron Stove

Couldn't agree more.. This game just sucked me in. I'm 15 hours in after starting on Monday and I'm hardly out of the starting area. The tactical combat is so much fun. The game is amazing in every single way.

Iron Stove

Min requirements? Looks sweet

I have a pretty decent though not top of-the-line rig, a bit above the recommended specs and it runs at a constant 60 fps for me with v-sync turned off at 1080p @ ultra setting. With v-sync turned on performance suffered a lot for some reason.

The game has been the top seller on Steam for the last two days.

Cina sucks

On probation. Man Utd'll Never Walk Alone
Pardon my ignorance but that looks like a million other PC games I've played.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Combat is one the finest things in the game. Just fantastic. Lots of options, especially in combinations with environment. Spells and skills matter a lot, and it's tough, even on 'normal' difficulty.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Aye good vids of it that focus on the combat yet?
Here's one small video showing one fight. Fighting against fire resistant opponents, so using rain to help a bit.

Lots of similar examples in the actual game. Break the oil barrel or cast an oil spell, then light that spill with weapon, spell or even random candles in the game. Freeze the water puddles and watch enemies (or yourself) doing a Gerrard and falling on their arses when trying to cross them.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Man, that game looks awesome. Never heard of it before.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Here's one small video showing one fight. Fighting against fire resistant opponents, so using rain to help a bit.

Lots of similar examples in the actual game. Break the oil barrel or cast an oil spell, then light that spill with weapon, spell or even random candles in the game. Freeze the water puddles and watch enemies (or yourself) doing a Gerrard and falling on their arses when trying to cross them.
Damn it...... going to have to put some money in my Steam wallet....

Iron Stove

Best RPG in a long time for me. Can't praise it enough. It will be interesting to see the reviews. The metacritic userscore is currently 9.2.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Trailer is pre-alpha.

I've just found out about this and can't wait! It's coming out in 2 months.

justboy68

Oh man it's brilliant (Divinity). Just picked it up last night and played a few hours but can tell it's great already. I personally love turn based games, so couldn't be happier with the combat. On first impressions it seems to have great depth too.

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
Just bought it, trailer looks amazing and I've only heard amazing things from the people who have played the game. Come on download!

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
Great start to the game. I accidentally dug up a mourning mother's dead daughter and then had to fight the mother who attacked me out of anger. Obviously the only way to defend myself was by burning her alive.

Iron Stove

I started playing on Monday and have since played 31 hours according to Steam.. how in the world? Larian are ruining what is supposed to be my vacation time with this gem of a game. And I just got past the starting map which supposedly means I'm pretty far from even reaching the halfway mark.

The story isn't anything special I think, but the writing is pretty hilarious overall. The game doesn't take itself very seriously. Haven't got into crafting really and I definitely could have leveled smarter but I'm doing fine so far so I'm not too bothered.

The only thing I am a bit disappointed by is that there only seem to be two companions in the game. One's a fighter and one is a water / wind mage.. This was a bit boring since I had created a fighter and a water / wind mage. I know you can hire people but they don't have any conversations or personality. And having two water / wind mages is actually pretty great so I guess I'll stick with them. Would like to try an archer though since the arrows seem really cool.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Yeah, too few companions, but Larian had to hurry up, and just didn't have the time to incorporate the others. Who will come, no worries about that. They promised patches with more content, including companions.

I reckon I played as well some 30+ hours, and just started fooling around in Silverglen forest. Level 10 party composed from my starting ranger (Expert Marksman + Witchcraft!), mage (at start gone for all four magic schools, but after getting Jahan concentrated more on Pyrokinetic and Geomancer), and already mentioned Jahan (Aerothurge and Hydrosophist) with Madora (Man-at-Arms -- got her at 5 in that, plus 1 on Pyrokinetic and Geomancer).

As said, fooling around at my own pace in forest, searching for a way to drop the barrier around White Witch's house, and also getting beat by orc/goblin mobs who are at level 12. No biggie, I'll get them back soon.

Off to make some pizza.

wheat + mortar and pestle = flour
flour + cup of water = dough
tomato + hammer (!!!) = tomato sauce
dough + tomato sauce = pizza dough
pizza dough + oven = pizza