Gaming The RedCafe General/Random Gaming Chat Thread

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Nope, thanks.

See you in 4 years. I’m trying to platinum some of my library for a while. Got games in there I’ve never even downloaded.

Diablo 2 remaster will be my next purchase.
Yeah, I'm trying to aim for at least one a month, with Bloodborne being a game I'm going back to on and off to hopefully platinum that before the year is out. Think I'm going to need a second playthrough so it'll take some time.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Yeah, I'm trying to aim for at least one a month, with Bloodborne being a game I'm going back to on and off to hopefully platinum that before the year is out. Think I'm going to need a second playthrough so it'll take some time.
Blood borne is one I have that I’ve never played too.

Hust walloped Dr Nefarious. Thank heavens.

Damien

Staff
Blood borne is one I have that I’ve never played too.

Hust walloped Dr Nefarious. Thank heavens.
Congrats! Now enjoy the second playthrough. If you want to know a good place to farm the weapons to level 10, the sandsharks on Aridia are great. Tedious but kill most of them, quit to main menu and reload. Alternatively you can play through the game as normal and if you still need to max out any, the amoeboids in Rilgar will do.

Having infinite ammo on (if you've got the gold bolts for it) doesn't disable any trophies either.

Dave_MUFC

Recently bought a Shield Pro and the things brilliant.

Can run Game Pass through the cloud smoothly on it, retro emulation is really easy to set up, and looking forward to trying out Cyberpunk on GeForce Now, with some reasonable settings.

Volumiza

My son, 16, has just finished Doom 2016 and Eternal and I told him to check the originals out. Got 1,2 and 3 in my PSN library. He's loving them. Watched him for a bit and it just reminded me what great games they were at the time and how well they still play even now nearly 30 years later. I doubt there's a bit in there that I can't remember, I've played them through so many times and may even do it again.

Bosws87

Never owned a pc or touched steam but if I can play Age of Empires on that then I’m buying the damn thing.
Should totally be fine, if it is as they say the whole steam library there is unrivalled amount of games to choose from, including Age of Empires.

AaronRedDevil

Should totally be fine, if it is as they say the whole steam library there is unrivalled amount of games to choose from, including Age of Empires.
Ah shite. I'm gonna have to get that at some point. Haven't played AOE since the ps2 days. Been waiting forever to come to consoles. Plus other pc games on it I've been wanting to play aswel. Delighted.

Bosws87

Ah shite. I'm gonna have to get that at some point. Haven't played AOE since the ps2 days. Been waiting forever to come to consoles. Plus other pc games on it I've been wanting to play aswel. Delighted.
The thought of being able to play Cyberpunk, Witcher 3, Half Life 1 & 2, Rocket League all the early access/f2p games along with your strategy games does sound really appealing i must admit.

Be interested to see performance on the latest releases!

Volumiza

Congrats! Now enjoy the second playthrough.
Just finished the second playthrough, the platinum is going to need one more though.

That 1 min 35 Rilgar hoverboard trophy was among the most frustrating 90 mins of my life! Got loads of 1.36's and a few 1.35.122's and stuff but sub 1.35 seemed impossible. Joypad nearly went out of the window a couple of times and I made the dog jump by vocalising frustration on numerous occasions.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I like having two games to play. Was on Sekiro and Outer Worlds but I've finished the former. Thinking of replaying Dark Souls 3 or Bloodborne. Probably DS3 as you can customise your builds more, and Bloodborne's combat (quick) is closer to Sekiro.

Hmm.

amolbhatia50k

Wish I could play NG+ of DS but I don't think I have it in me to beat the Soul of Cinder boss. :(

Damien

Staff
Just finished the second playthrough, the platinum is going to need one more though.

That 1 min 35 Rilgar hoverboard trophy was among the most frustrating 90 mins of my life! Got loads of 1.36's and a few 1.35.122's and stuff but sub 1.35 seemed impossible. Joypad nearly went out of the window a couple of times and I made the dog jump by vocalising frustration on numerous occasions.
Yeah you need to be pretty much perfect on the Rilgar one. Was probably the toughest trophy for me too. What do you need for one more playthrough? Weapons to level 10?

Volumiza

Yeah you need to be pretty much perfect on the Rilgar one. Was probably the toughest trophy for me too. What do you need for one more playthrough? Weapons to level 10?
Didn’t get the Ryno till mid second play through so still have to get a million bolts to upgrade, then yeah just maxing weapons. Nearly there.

Minkaro

I like having two games to play. Was on Sekiro and Outer Worlds but I've finished the former. Thinking of replaying Dark Souls 3 or Bloodborne. Probably DS3 as you can customise your builds more, and Bloodborne's combat (quick) is closer to Sekiro.

Hmm.
Best way to do it, imo. Avoids getting burned out on one game. Only issue is I’m a bit thick, and keep trying the control scheme from Game A on Game B. Lots of “oops, I thought that was the button to talk to him, but now I’ve punched him” moments.

caid

I'd have to use an ember first right?
Yes, I wouldn't love fighting that boss without one tbh.
I dunno, that boss in particular kind of feels like he just kills you when he feels like, the time i beat him on my own it just felt like he decided to go easy on me. Keep your save game and load it up every so often to see if anyone is about, like all dark souls bosses he's a bit of a joke with 2 players.

amolbhatia50k

Yes, I wouldn't love fighting that boss without one tbh.
I dunno, that boss in particular kind of feels like he just kills you when he feels like, the time i beat him on my own it just felt like he decided to go easy on me. Keep your save game and load it up every so often to see if anyone is about, like all dark souls bosses he's a bit of a joke with 2 players.
Cheers. I managed to find a player to help me out who was far better than me and pretty much did most of the work.

Now I'm thinking of restarting as a Dex build before NG plus. Still not sure what Dex is really but the weapons that seem to be Dex weapons seem interesting. Considered pyro but I'm a weapons guy.

caid

Cheers. I managed to find a player to help me out who was far better than me and pretty much did most of the work.

Now I'm thinking of restarting as a Dex build before NG plus. Still not sure what Dex is really but the weapons that seem to be Dex weapons seem interesting. Considered pyro but I'm a weapons guy.
By the end of the 2nd playthrough you'll probably have maxed out str and dex so dont restart. I started ds3 as a dex build, the weapons were interesting but a bit too gimmicky in most cases compared to the str counterparts. They'd be amazing against one boss and utterly terrible against the next. By the end of my 2nd playthrough i was using what was basically a longsword (the ice one?) and the claymore. Boring but reliable.

amolbhatia50k

By the end of the 2nd playthrough you'll probably have maxed out str and dex so dont restart. I started ds3 as a dex build, the weapons were interesting but a bit too gimmicky in most cases compared to the str counterparts. They'd be amazing against one boss and utterly terrible against the next. By the end of my 2nd playthrough i was using what was basically a longsword (the ice one?) and the claymore. Boring but reliable.
I ended up getting through two bosses I never did before - consumed king and champion gundir so I could get the chaos blade for the second playthrough. Then I respec'ed to give myself enough faith and intelligence to use the carthus flame thing, and spread my stats more evenly across strength and dex.

Having said that, DS3 second playthrough feels bland coming right off Sekiro. I do love all the souls games but I think Sekiro hit a new high for these sort of games for me. May just leave this one be if I'm not truly feeling it.

Sara125

Is it me or is 2k21 extremely difficult? I played it for the first time today, in previous 2ks hall of fame mode is my go to when I’m playing against the CPU and I have no problem but now even in rookie mode it seems like every shot is blocked and it’s impossible to get three pointers :houllier:

edit: typo

Last edited:

Meller

Is it me or is 2k21 extremely difficult? I played it for the first time today, in previous 2ks hall of game mode is my go to when I’m playing against the CPU and I have no problem but now even in rookie mode it seems like every shot is blocked and it’s impossible to get three pointers :houllier:
I'm playing on HoF and it's more annoying than anything. Pretty bad balance this year but somehow I'm kind of enjoying it. Playing on PS4 though and felt no real difference between 2k20 and 2k21 so instant regret when I bought it and tried it out.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Started Red Dead Redemption 2 again. I kinda rushed it the first time around so I’m going to take my time and enjoy it this time.

Revan

Assumptionman
Almost finished with Horizon Zero Dawn. The last few hours have been a cracker and very much enjoying it.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Almost finished with Horizon Zero Dawn. The last few hours have been a cracker and very much enjoying it.
I really disliked the first 10 hours or so of it but it got way better imo, couldn't put it down towards the end. The combat is amazing.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Finally been able to put some decent hours into Assassin's Creed: Odyssey, my first AS game since Brotherhood, and I'm loving it.

el3mel

I'm playing on HoF and it's more annoying than anything. Pretty bad balance this year but somehow I'm kind of enjoying it. Playing on PS4 though and felt no real difference between 2k20 and 2k21 so instant regret when I bought it and tried it out.
2K21 was free on Epic Store some weeks ago. I grabbed it back then. Never played any game in the series though, but I didn't want to miss the chance.