Gaming The RedCafe General/Random Gaming Chat Thread

Meller

2K21 was free on Epic Store some weeks ago. I grabbed it back then. Never played any game in the series though, but I didn't want to miss the chance.
It's a fine game, I usually buy it on release but this year they did nothing with the PS4 version.

AaronRedDevil

I signed up as I used to be excited for it. I’ll check it out to see if it changes my mind. I’m dying for a L4D type game. It’s either that or Aliens fireteam. Heard B4B has Cards micro transactions and that’s a big turn off for me.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I signed up as I used to be excited for it. I’ll check it out to see if it changes my mind. I’m dying for a L4D type game. It’s either that or Aliens fireteam. Heard B4B has Cards micro transactions and that’s a big turn off for me.
Same. I think I'm going to wait on it and see what happens on that front.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Need a new game to play.
I have 3 options I'm interested in for my old (original) dust collector PS4.
Those games are : Ghost of Tsushima, Sekiro and Disco Elysium.
Disco Elysium is the cheapest (its on a good deal on PS Store at £19.79). Ghost of Tsushima is within my top budget while Sekiro is annoyingly still expensive and most versions tend to be second hand.

caid

Need a new game to play.
Disco Elysium is the cheapest (its on a good deal on PS Store at £19.79). Ghost of Tsushima is within my top budget while Sekiro is annoyingly still expensive and most versions tend to be second hand.
Just finished Sekiro, it was brilliant. Was on sale for €30 recently on steam. Will probably be on sale on playstation at some point soon. Guess it doesn't help much at the moment.
The other 2 have gotten great reviews too, I'm sure you'd enjoy any of them.

el3mel

Need a new game to play.
All good. Disco is all dialogue and no combat so expect a lot of reading but it's a brilliant RPG, just need to know that before going in.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Just finished Sekiro, it was brilliant. Was on sale for €30 recently on steam. Will probably be on sale on playstation at some point soon. Guess it doesn't help much at the moment.
I don't think Sekiro will ever be on sale on the PS Store :lol: ....:(

Still, Sekiro and Disco Elysium are the two games I'm interested in playing the most. Ghost looks great and its very much up my street, interms of its cinematic references, but its an open world game and after a while they feel/play very familiar and somewhat generic.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Disco's point and click isn't it ?
If so, I haven't played one of those games since Monkey Island :D

el3mel

I guess it can be described like this. On PC all the controls are done by the mouse, even movement. The genre is RPG though.

caid

Probably not a bad comparison. Haven't played it myself

Still, Sekiro and Disco Elysium are the two games I'm interested in playing the most. Ghost looks great and its very much up my street, interms of its cinematic references, but its an open world game and after a while they feel/play very familiar and somewhat generic.
It has been previously, not often and not for very cheap mind you.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout

It’s on sale now for £38.99. Doesn’t seem to go any cheaper than that!

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Need a new game to play.
I also need help with my next game after having finished the brilliant Sekiro and with a weekend coming. I like having two games to play and one right now is Outer Wilds which is enjoyable but doesn't really have any gameplay worth mentioning which is such a drastic drop from Sekiro. Tried replaying DS3 but I'm already noted (loved it but not a two time play which is rare for me).

The free PS plus games in library are all trash - Battlefield, Stars Wars Squadron, Street fighter and more rubbish like that. Vampyr could be alright but I usually don't enjoy alright these days.

The three games on my 'list' were the new Subnautica, Disco Elysium and TLOU2. TLOU2 is probably too similar to Days Gone which I recently finished. Disco Elysium is on a great discount and I've heard it's fanatastic but maybe two dialogue based games (this and Outer Wilds) would be too much?

feck :(

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I also need help with my next game after having finished the brilliant Sekiro and with a weekend coming. I like having two games to play and one right now is Outer Wilds which is enjoyable but doesn't really have any gameplay worth mentioning which is such a drastic drop from Sekiro. Tried replaying DS3 but I'm already noted (loved it but not a two time play which is rare for me).

The free PS plus games in library are all trash - Battlefield, Stars Wars Squadron, Street fighter and more rubbish like that. Vampyr could be alright but I usually don't enjoy alright these days.

The three games on my 'list' were the new Subnautica, Disco Elysium and TLOU2. TLOU2 is probably too similar to Days Gone which I recently finished. Disco Elysium is on a great discount and I've heard it's fanatastic but maybe two dialogue based games (this and Outer Wilds) would be too much?

feck :(
Subnautica BZ and Disco Elysium are at the very top of the list of SP games I must play at some point but just haven’t got around to it. I don’t think you can go wrong either way.

amolbhatia50k

Subnautica BZ and Disco Elysium are at the very top of the list of SP games I must play at some point but just haven’t got around to it. I don’t think you can go wrong either way.
I think I'll both. The original Subnautica is one of my games of this generation so I'm definitely going to enjoy that. Guess it's more about what I want to play now especially alongside the heavy on dialogue and light on gameplay Outer Worlds.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I think I'll both. The original Subnautica is one of my games of this generation so I'm definitely going to enjoy that. Guess it's more about what I want to play now especially alongside the heavy on dialogue and light on gameplay Outer Worlds.
What do you make of the Outer Worlds? It has some interesting characters and world design but I was really disappointed in the gameplay and hun design. I think it’s even weaker than fallout in that department and fallout isn’t great.

amolbhatia50k

What do you make of the Outer Worlds? It has some interesting characters and world design but I was really disappointed in the gameplay and hun design. I think it’s even weaker than fallout in that department and fallout isn’t great.
The writing is witty and it's competently made so I am liking but it's pretty unispiring in how formulaic and bland the game mechanics are. Enjoying it more than the awful fallout 4 given its a tighter ledd bloaty experience however its clearly not aiming for the stars (pun intended)

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
The writing is witty and it's competently made so I am liking but it's pretty unispiring in how formulaic and bland the game mechanics are. Enjoying it more than the awful fallout 4 given its a tighter ledd bloaty experience however its clearly not aiming for the stars (pun intended)
Yeah those were my thoughts too. Fun for a while but very run of the mill and easily forgotten when you stop playing it.

el3mel

I enjoyed it. The dialogue options were hilarious and the RPG elements regarding your choices and how they affect the world were done well. I do agree about the gameplay though. Combat was ridiculously easy.

It's only 25 hours max or something so it doesn't overstay its welcome, which helped it imo.

amolbhatia50k

Yeah those were my thoughts too. Fun for a while but very run of the mill and easily forgotten when you stop playing it.
That's the issue. It's enjoyable but when I get decent time over the weekend to game, it's a fairly underwhelming game to play as it has nothing exciting about it at all.

Irwin99

The Great Ace Attorney re-release seems to be getting good reviews. Expected it to score in the 70s but it's in the 80s on metacritic. Looking forward to playing it tomorrow as I really enjoy the series.

Replaying MGS3 on the PSNow. What a game :drool:

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Trying to get the platinum on the uncharted series. How many times do you have to play through? 4 by the look of it. Hmm, wind has been taken out of my sails almost straight away.

amolbhatia50k

Trophies is another part of modern gaming that holds no interest for me. It's always been something I just up and go "oh you get a trophy for that" and move on. Never understood the fuss about it since it usually involves doing a lot of meaningless shit that comes across as a waste of time.

On another note due to the lack of PS plus games I gave an older PS plus title a go - Vampyr - and I've been pleasantly surprised by it. It's hooked me much more than the game I actually purchased (outer wilds). Good setting, enjoyable enough gameplay, and a very interesting social system/trade off system.

caid

Trophies is another part of modern gaming that holds no interest for me. It's always been something I just up and go "oh you get a trophy for that" and move on. Never understood the fuss about it since it usually involves doing a lot of meaningless shit that comes across as a waste of time.

On another note due to the lack of PS plus games I gave an older PS plus title a go - Vampyr - and I've been pleasantly surprised by it. It's hooked me much more than the game I actually purchased (outer wilds). Good setting, enjoyable enough gameplay, and a very interesting social system/trade off system.
I look through achievements after finishing a game to see if theres some fun or interesting ones. Searching the entire environment for 92 feathers buried in little corners for an achievement isn't fun or interesting so i ignore them. Giving me a platinum sticker isn't going to change that.