Gaming The RedCafe General/Random Gaming Chat Thread

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
This is a blast of warm fuzzy nostalgia...

The first video game I ever played. I remember being fecking entranced by this and I think World Soccer was the other game built into the console.

Eat shit, Fifa.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Recently my gaming headset has broken so I feel like this could be a good opportunity to get a potential upgrade. Does anyone have any recommendations for headsets that they personally have found really good. Would love to have some realistic 3D sound but again I realise a lot of that will depend on the game design.

I’m hoping that if I get a decent set ill be able to use it alongside the ps5 when I pick that up.

Ainu

Recently my gaming headset has broken so I feel like this could be a good opportunity to get a potential upgrade. Does anyone have any recommendations for headsets that they personally have found really good. Would love to have some realistic 3D sound but again I realise a lot of that will depend on the game design.

I’m hoping that if I get a decent set ill be able to use it alongside the ps5 when I pick that up.
Not sure what price category you're looking for. I recently got this one: https://www.hyperxgaming.com/belgium/en/headsets/cloud-alpha-pro-gaming-headset. I like it, not hyper expensive at around €80-90, comfortable, nice sound, good isolation, good quality mic. Comes with an audio and mic splitter cable extension out of the box for PC's with separate inputs.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Not sure what price category you're looking for. I recently got this one: https://www.hyperxgaming.com/belgium/en/headsets/cloud-alpha-pro-gaming-headset. I like it, not hyper expensive at around €80-90, comfortable, nice sound, good isolation, good quality mic. Comes with an audio and mic splitter cable extension out of the box for PC's with separate inputs.
Thanks for your reply. Yeh, I was looking in the mid-high range, probably up to a maximum of £100. I'll probably have to do some digging but I thought it was worth getting some recommendations if anyone has any must-buys.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
feck QTEs. Playing Uncharted 2, Chapter 14 on Crushing and can't beat that damn train boss. I keep getting to the melee bit with the helmet off but the triangle prompts never show up

Revan

Assumptionman
Is Jedi: Fallen Order any good?
No. The only game ever I asked for refund in steam.

It is combining Jedi Academy, Uncharted/Tomb Raider and Dark Souls but somehow doing badly at each part of the combination.

Might be worthy if it ever get under 10 and if you have the patience for it.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Yes it's brilliant.
It’s not terrible.
It's a mediocre mix of ideas from much, much better games.

That being said, if you get it for <£20 you could do a lot worse.
Yes get it. Was a pretty fun ride for me.
No. The only game ever I asked for refund in steam.

It is combining Jedi Academy, Uncharted/Tomb Raider and Dark Souls but somehow doing badly at each part of the combination.

Might be worthy if it ever get under 10 and if you have the patience for it.
I think that's everything from shit to great covered :lol:.

AaronRedDevil

So many conflicting opinions about the game @Shane88 must be confused what to do at the moment. :lol:
Get the game. Dont listen to those miserable feckers. :lol: . The combat is so satisfying and the characters are very likeable. Plus the ending gave me goosebumps. You'll see why.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I think that's everything from shit to great covered :lol:.
:lol:

Honestly the only thing the game does well is the Star Wars aspect, so if you are big on that then it's probably worth it.

But again, only on heavy sale.

Get the game. Dont listen to those miserable feckers. :lol: . The combat is so satisfying and the characters are very likeable. Plus the ending gave me goosebumps. You'll see why.
The characters and dialogue are terrible and the combat manages to be incredibly basic and waste the idea of force powers (not that you get many). So much so that it's way more basic than a series of games from 20 years ago on that front!

But yeah, just people being miserable...as opposed to people just hyping it because "oooh shiney new part for my awesome laser sword!"
;):lol:

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
Started playing Dark Souls 3 last week after getting it for £11.99 on PSN :drool: and it's great so far. Much prefer it to DS2 which I just couldn't get into at all. I started 2 just after finishing Bloodborne and found the combat clunky and the world far less interesting but this seems much closer to Bloodborne in the world detail and gameplay. I just beat a giant trees ballbag to smithereens and have invited a few creepy lore talking companions back at the firelink shrine. Excellent stuff so far.

el3mel

:lol:

Honestly the only thing the game does well is the Star Wars aspect, so if you are big on that then it's probably worth it.

But again, only on heavy sale.

The characters and dialogue are terrible and the combat manages to be incredibly basic and waste the idea of force powers (not that you get many). So much so that it's way more basic than a series of games from 20 years ago on that front!

But yeah, just people being miserable...as opposed to people just hyping it because "oooh shiney new part for my awesome laser sword!"
;):lol:
I don't disagree that it was very basic and just a collection of ideas from other action adventure titles but it was a pretty fun ride for me, I played it on hard and found myself putting in several hours every day without getting bored.

For full a price it's not worth it yes but for a discount it will be worth it if you want some fun time and not anything revolutionary.

Damien

Staff
That final boss on Uncharted 2...

Palms have never been so sweaty. I can get past the first two phases, then on the third he always kills me in some BS way.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Got Fallen Order. As mentioned, it's a hodge-podge of ideas from other games but I think it's done well so far. You don't need to innovate to be great. Horizon Zero Dawn took ideas that were around for years, fine-tuned them and that's an incredible game.

el3mel

Got Fallen Order. As mentioned, it's a hodge-podge of ideas from other games but I think it's done well so far. You don't need to innovate to be great. Horizon Zero Dawn took ideas that were around for years, fine-tuned them and that's an incredible game.
Have a good fun! That's exactly my opinion about this and HZD by the way. They are both collection of ideas from other action adventure games with 1 or 2 new concept but they were both just really a fun ride to go through for me.

Damien

Staff
12 chapters in on Uncharted 3 Crushing

Seems they really went all-in on the "Indiana Jones running from things" trope. I'm happy that QTEs have seemingly been made more responsive than they were in Uncharted 2 with the amount of melee fights there are.

Ship graveyard is a nightmare. Going to try it again tomorrow.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
12 chapters in on Uncharted 3 Crushing

Seems they really went all-in on the "Indiana Jones running from things" trope. I'm happy that QTEs have seemingly been made more responsive than they were in Uncharted 2 with the amount of melee fights there are.

Ship graveyard is a nightmare. Going to try it again tomorrow.
Brilliant game imo, enjoyed the full series.

For their time they were great iirc, haven't aged brilliantly, but still a nice playthrough.

Irwin99

I'm playing Life is Strange- episode 1 demo in order to kill time before Ghost of Tsushima and all this teenage melodrama is both annoying yet weirdly entertaining. Is the full game any good?

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I'm playing Life is Strange- episode 1 demo in order to kill time before Ghost of Tsushima and all this teenage melodrama is both annoying yet weirdly entertaining. Is the full game any good?
I was the same as you. The first episode annoyed me with all it's cringy dialogue, and that persists throughout the game, but I really got into the mystery of it all. The end of episode 2 is what really hooked me. There's a bit there and it was more tense than most action games I've played!

el3mel

Life strange first season was really, really good. It's really worth a play even if you don't like the interactive drama thing. I don't like them that much either but this is the exception. It actually has a gameplay, which is usually not present in most of these kind of games

I didn't play the second season though.