Gaming The RedCafe General/Random Gaming Chat Thread

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Ni No Kuni 2 was on sale so picked it up for PC. I thought it looked really shit from a few videos I saw (Even though the first is one of my favourite games) but I'm actually really enjoying it. It isn't as good as the first but is still a very solid game. It's fun how they have added lots of mini tasks to do like building your kingdom/the 'hunts' etc.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
Yeah, I am. Crushing was the highest I could do on first play. I'm not sadistic enough to do Brutal :lol:
Do it man I want someone else to suffer. Parts of that seemed damn near impossible, you die over and over again. Dozens if not into the hundreds of times.

TrustInOle

Any Day Z players? Just picked it up for PS4 and going to give it a bash after work!

Hear bad things from the PS4 port though, after I got it haha!

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
Yeah, definitely feck playing that :lol: did you do Lazarevic legit or did you use one of the glitches?
Pretty sure I did it all legit but can't remember to be honest, I was watching a guy on YouTube as I played through it so would have picked up some tips. I'll have to look at the glitches to remember if I did them (doesn't sound like me though).

In many parts, you literally die so many times that you begin to see the patterns in the AI, its just a huge trial and error in the end. There was one part that was so difficult I wanted to give up, in Uncharted 1 where you drop down into the blue sewer room. I actually found my own little exploit on that part though which I was quite proud of!

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
Playing Dark Souls 3.

35,000 souls lost in the Catacombs of CarthASS to a big writhing ball of arms and legs.

Sorry, but I just needed to share this news with someone... anyone.

:o I am ded

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Pretty sure I did it all legit but can't remember to be honest, I was watching a guy on YouTube as I played through it so would have picked up some tips. I'll have to look at the glitches to remember if I did them (doesn't sound like me though).

In many parts, you literally die so many times that you begin to see the patterns in the AI, its just a huge trial and error in the end. There was one part that was so difficult I wanted to give up, in Uncharted 1 where you drop down into the blue sewer room. I actually found my own little exploit on that part though which I was quite proud of!
Nice one. I hated that room. I mostly searched chapters on YouTube just to see how long they were but I did look at a few crushing videos today and TheSeraphim17 was excellent for explaining on Uncharted 3 what order enemies came in on the ship where there are snipers on the balcony above along with a grenadier, a couple of enemies dropping down and shortly after where the water is rising and you have to move about a room to avoid being killed by enemies spawning in front and behind. The videos I watched were the PS3 games but everything still applied to the remasters.

Siorac

Playing Dark Souls 3.

35,000 souls lost in the Catacombs of CarthASS to a big writhing ball of arms and legs.

Sorry, but I just needed to share this news with someone... anyone.

:o I am ded
35k souls is nothing, you'll get that back quickly enough.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
Nice one. I hated that room. I mostly searched chapters on YouTube just to see how long they were but I did look at a few crushing videos today and TheSeraphim17 was excellent for explaining on Uncharted 3 what order enemies came in on the ship where there are snipers on the balcony above along with a grenadier, a couple of enemies dropping down and shortly after where the water is rising and you have to move about a room to avoid being killed by enemies spawning in front and behind. The videos I watched were the PS3 games but everything still applied to the remasters.
Yeah his videos are the ones I watched, they were really good. I was glad to be done with the series though, particularly as Uncharted 4 was probably the worst one.

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
35k souls is nothing, you'll get that back quickly enough.
Aye I managed to recover them easily enough doing a few tours of the flooded crab woods part. That's the most I'd lost though up until that point it seemed like a pretty big task to recoup all those. Worst thing is I could have went to the shrine after beating the Abyss Watchers boss and cashed them in but decided to explore some more and round it up to 40k.

Damien

Staff
Yeah his videos are the ones I watched, they were really good. I was glad to be done with the series though, particularly as Uncharted 4 was probably the worst one.
In what way? Writing? I've just finished Uncharted 3 now. Will do as many of the trophies for U2 and U3 as I can (excluding Brutal and the Speedrun ones), then play through 4 and do the speedrun ones once that is over.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
In what way? Writing? I've just finished Uncharted 3 now. Will do as many of the trophies for U2 and U3 as I can (excluding Brutal and the Speedrun ones), then play through 4 and do the speedrun ones once that is over.
Just felt like a dull and boring game to play that went on for too long. Compared to the rest anyway. I think my order is 2,1,3,4. You need to do at least one of the games in brutal!

Superunknown

Just felt like a dull and boring game to play that went on for too long. Compared to the rest anyway. I think my order is 2,1,3,4. You need to do at least one of the games in brutal!
I enjoyed 4 for the vast majority of the chapters, until some of the last few where it does that "Uncharted thing" where they just throw countless enemies at you, which became a bit repetitive. The end boss fight did make up for it, as did the sweet epilogue chapter.
I'm torn on whether I liked 2 or 3 more...most likely 3, 2, 4 and then 1 last. I think most preferred 2 to 3, but they're on a par with each other, imo. The variation in environments with 2 and 3 is fantastic, though.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus

All these stories coming out of Ubisoft are crazy.
It's kinda been done already, hasn't it? Not graphically but David and Ellie had rapey implications. Lara's first kill in the Tomb Raider Reboot even moreso.

Edit: Forgot Beyond Two Souls. That was the most explicit.

Edit again: And Heavy Rain. Fecking David Cage.

Superunknown

Uncharted 4 is gorgeous, though that may just be me comparing it to the first three remastered games.
It really is a beautiful game to look at. There were many occasions where I would just stop to look at everything around me. Naughty Dog are brilliant technically with being able to create great looking games.

Damien

Staff
It really is a beautiful game to look at. There were many occasions where I would just stop to look at everything around me. Naughty Dog are brilliant technically with being able to create great looking games.
Yep. Just watched the film Gemini Man which was partly filmed in Cartagena, Colombia, which features in Uncharted 3 and it just brought to mind how Naughty Dog nailed the aesthetics even on a game that was nearly a decade old. It is almost a pity we'll never see the first three done to the detail Uncharted 4 was, but can't wait to see what their next IP will be.

Damien

Staff
Holy feck is Chapter 13 of Uncharted 4 frustrating. Can't get past it. Made it to the sniper once on stealth but can't repeat it, which is annoying as that is close to the next checkpoint.

Damien

Staff
Feck Chapter 18 on Crushing. Went into the mansion encounter with no grenades and little ammo. Annoying after completing the earlier Chapters on Crushing but really feel I need to lower the difficulty. Anyone know if it is possible to change the difficulty, for just this encounter, then go back to it later on chapter select on Crushing and still get the trophy for completing the whole thing on Crushing?

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Xbox sent me an email saying my elite controller would take another month so I cancelled.

I am leaning towards getting a PS5, now. I'm sick of Xbox's shitty customer service. Stick to PS and Nintendo, folks.

Last edited:

el3mel

Why is the Microsoft store and even Xbox beta app for windows 10 still so rubbish? I found Gears of War 4 on sale and I have only Gears 5 so decided to give it a try, regardless of the awful 133Gb download (which is inexcusable really and shows poor compression job), it still downloads games into a windowsapp folder that you can't normally access and has no excutable, only run from start menu or the stoor, beside it means on fresh install of windows I will have to download it all over again.

Beside, the Xbox beta app seems to have lots of lags into it.

While I would have liked to buy a Forza Horizon at one point previously, I don't think I will want to deal with Microsoft store ever again. Thank God Gears 5 came on steam.

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
Holy feck is Chapter 13 of Uncharted 4 frustrating. Can't get past it. Made it to the sniper once on stealth but can't repeat it, which is annoying as that is close to the next checkpoint.
:cool: my most viewed youtube upload is me doing that one on crushing. It was indeed a nightmare to get it right eventually. I'm not sure how compelling viewing it is for someone unless you've tried that stage on crushing but I'm sure you will recognise the moments when panic sets in :D

Last edited:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Why is the Microsoft store and even Xbox beta app for windows 10 still so rubbish? I found Gears of War 4 on sale and I have only Gears 5 so decided to give it a try, regardless of the awful 133Gb download (which is inexcusable really and shows poor compression job), it still downloads games into a windowsapp folder that you can't normally access and has no excutable, only run from start menu or the stoor, beside it means on fresh install of windows I will have to download it all over again.

Beside, the Xbox beta app seems to have lots of lags into it.

While I would have liked to buy a Forza Horizon at one point previously, I don't think I will want to deal with Microsoft store ever again. Thank God Gears 5 came on steam.
it is terrible. I had the game pass at one point. Tried installing ff 15. Install corrupted midway - now i can’t install it at all. Rubbish app that barely works.

Brocky

Feck Chapter 18 on Crushing. Went into the mansion encounter with no grenades and little ammo. Annoying after completing the earlier Chapters on Crushing but really feel I need to lower the difficulty. Anyone know if it is possible to change the difficulty, for just this encounter, then go back to it later on chapter select on Crushing and still get the trophy for completing the whole thing on Crushing?
No, mate. Change the difficulty even for a second and you can kiss that trophy goodbye.

Bojan11

Just saw these tweets from notch

Glad MS have phased him out. Wish they didn’t pay him billions though for minecraft.

Bojan11

Ninja Gaiden sigma trilogy for PS4 and Switch apparently listed by Hong Kong’s biggest distributor and publisher.

Bojan11

There’s a Ubisoft forward on Thursday with some new games being announced. Someone should do a thread about it.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Just finished Jedi: fallen order. Not bad actually kind of mix of dark souls, uncharted and metroid templates but it worked alright. I think the sequel will be very good if they are willing to put in the work. The lack of variance of force powers was a bit meh though.