Gaming The RedCafe General/Random Gaming Chat Thread

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Started playing MGSV again on the PS4. So fun, plus it still looks fantastic. Those textures on the mountains.:drool:
I tried to play it after only doing 4 hours previously but couldn't start a "new game". Maybe I need to delete the saves from the cloud or whatever.

I loved mgs4 for the gameplay! Never quite managed that feeling in V but didn't give it the greatest chance tbh.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
That Valkyrie Queen on God of War. Whew. Only two trophies left to get are all Artefacts and the one for killing all the Ravens. That last one will be fun as there are over 20 I haven't done in various locations.

Tiber

Anyone play Fortnite?

Apparently if you buy any item in the store you get 2 months of Disney Plus for free. I wonder what the cheapest item is

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
I feel I’ve reached a bit of a nadir in my gaming career this last few weeks! I’ve been off work quite a bit while ill and have somehow ended up playing a game called House Flipper, brought to us by the same people who did Car Mechanic Simulator.

Basically it’s virtual Homes under the hammer, buy a knackered old house and do it up. Awful game but strangely mesmeric and addictive, perfect off work ill fodder. However, I now need to snap out of it.

For all those closet interior designers though, it’s a good time waster.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I feel I’ve reached a bit of a nadir in my gaming career this last few weeks! I’ve been off work quite a bit while ill and have somehow ended up playing a game called House Flipper, brought to us by the same people who did Car Mechanic Simulator.

Basically it’s virtual Homes under the hammer, buy a knackered old house and do it up. Awful game but strangely mesmeric and addictive, perfect off work ill fodder. However, I now need to snap out of it.

For all those closet interior designers though, it’s a good time waster.
It really is strangely addictive!

Superunknown

Downloaded Cities Skylines yesterday after only being able to briefly play it the first time around due to my previous poverty laptop.

New laptop can handle it a lot better. I spent about...4 hours on it last night before I realised that sleep was a thing. Such a good game. :drool:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Spider-Man on PS4 (the first one) is one of the best games I’ve played in ages.

Ainu

Platinum #13 - God of War (2018/PS4)

Stunning game. Really enjoyed playing it.
is that captured on a PS5? I've not seen the trophy UI like that on my PS4 before. Anyway, nicely done, one of those games that's well worth platinuming.

Damien

Staff
is that captured on a PS5? I've not seen the trophy UI like that on my PS4 before. Anyway, nicely done, one of those games that's well worth platinuming.
Yep. I like that it is pretty forgiving as well in that you don't need to get every single collectible (chests etc). I'm a bit embarrassed that I only worked out you could lock onto enemies when facing the second to last valkyrie.

Ainu

Yep. I like that it is pretty forgiving as well in that you don't need to get every single collectible (chests etc). I'm a bit embarrassed that I only worked out you could lock onto enemies when facing the second to last valkyrie.
I like platinums that you can just get by playing the game naturally and wanting to see all of the content. God of War was one of those, by the time I'd done everything I wanted to do in the game, I had the plat. Ok maybe the raven collecting was a little bit tedious.

Damien

Staff
I like platinums that you can just get by playing the game naturally and wanting to see all of the content. God of War was one of those, by the time I'd done everything I wanted to do in the game, I had the plat. Ok maybe the raven collecting was a little bit tedious.
Agreed. Raven was the last one I had to do but it wasn't that bad with the fast travel. Would have been better with 10 or so fewer.

I like that it doesn't require multiple playthroughs and there aren't any missable trophies.

Looking at The Last Guardian's trophy list - now that looks like a nightmare.

el3mel

Anyone played Godfall ? I have the chance to get it for 16 dollars on Epic Store but what I have seen from the reviews was pretty bad.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Every time I go shopping and have to take my big backpack I think of Death Stranding. It gives me a lot of motivation :lol:

It's a brilliant game, enjoy the rest :)
Usually I'm all about story in a game but I haven't a clue what is going in this and I'm not too bothered about it. Just happy building my roads and zipline network.

Also, Mama is hot and I don't feel weird about that.

el3mel

Every time I go shopping and have to take my big backpack I think of Death Stranding. It gives me a lot of motivation :lol:

It's a brilliant game, enjoy the rest :)
I have bought Death Stranding for 20 dollars recently. Probably won't play it till early Jan or something. The premise doesn't attract me that much, but I thought for 20 dollars it will be fair to give it a chance, beside I don't want to miss on such a big name.

Damien

Staff
PSN Sale. Link to Era post with games listed as it won't let me post the games here.

FFVIII Remastered and Spyro Trilogy are tempting to relive 2 of my definitive childhood games.

el3mel

Immortal Fenyx Rising down to 40 dollars already ? How come, it was only released less than 19 days ago ? :lol: :lol:

Unfortunately still no sale for Miles Morales.

el3mel

Watch Dogs legion down to 30 dollars as well.

I might get it and Fenyx Rising. Both combined will be 70 dollars. Not interested in anything else really, feel like I played all of them already.

Dipper

#7 Swiftie
Supports
Liverpool
Snagged Disco Elysium, Control and Dark Souls 3 for £50 yesterday in the sales. Might get Persona 4 as well. Not a bad haul!

I’d recommend getting on the Epic Store; their unlimited £10 coupons are really good. You can get Assassins Creed Odyssey for £5!

Irwin99

Completed Dark Souls remastered for the first time; my god was that a tense, frustrating but ultimately rewarding experience. Playing DS2 again to give it another chance and just bought DS3 for when I hopefully complete 2. I think I might be being converted to these types of games now.

el3mel

Snagged Disco Elysium, Control and Dark Souls 3 for £50 yesterday in the sales. Might get Persona 4 as well. Not a bad haul!

I’d recommend getting on the Epic Store; their unlimited £10 coupons are really good. You can get Assassins Creed Odyssey for £5!
Still don't know what to use the Epic coupon on. Most big games there I have either played already or below 14 dollars so the coupon won't work. Was thinking of using it on Godfall since it's the only new game I haven't played.

Dipper

#7 Swiftie
Supports
Liverpool
Still don't know what to use the Epic coupon on. Most big games there I have either played already or below 14 dollars so the coupon won't work. Was thinking of using it on Godfall since it's the only new game I haven't played.
have you played Hades? Can get it on there for like £9 with the coupon

el3mel

Anybody played Hellblade? @Alock1 @Bojan11
I really liked it but was honestly was glad when I finished it. The protagonist had psychosis with imaginary people continuously whispering in her ear all the game which was so damn tense and terrifying for me. It was creepy and made me feel uneasy throughout the 6-8 hours or so. One of those games that while I really liked will never replay again. Kinda like RE2 remake, played both first and second run and while I rate it 9/10, my health can't take a 3rd playthrough.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I really liked it but was honestly was glad when I finished it. The protagonist had psychosis with imaginary people continuously whispering in her ear all the game which was so damn tense and terrifying for me. It was creepy and made me feel uneasy throughout the 6-8 hours or so. One of those games that while I really liked will never replay again. Kinda like RE2 remake, played both first and second run and while I rate it 9/10, my health can't take a 3rd playthrough.
Did you play with headphones? I went to start it and think it recommends them at the start, had none handy and started it, realised after about 2minutes I wanted to wait till I found my headphones. This has just reminded me I've got it to play sometime.

el3mel

Did you play with headphones? I went to start it and think it recommends them at the start, had none handy and started it, realised after about 2minutes I wanted to wait till I found my headphones. This has just reminded me I've got it to play sometime.
The headphones will make the imaginary whispers she's hearing feel like it's directly whispered into your own ear, which doubles the creepiness and uneasiness. It's recommended yes, I think this is the developer's target. I ended up playing it without one, my weak heart can't take it as I said. :lol:

It's still a unique idea for a video game though. We don't get protagonists with psychosis a lot and it deals with psychiatric illness in great way, even if the puzzles and combat are nothing special. For AA title, graphically wise it looks great.

Last edited:

Dipper

#7 Swiftie
Supports
Liverpool
With headphones is a really immersive experience. I love that game, finished it in one sitting.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
The headphones will make the imaginary whispers she's hearing feel like it's directly whispered into your own ear, which doubles the creepiness and uneasiness. It's recommended yes, I think this is the developer's target. I ended up playing it without one, my weak heart can't take it as I said. :lol:

It's still a unique idea for a video game though. We don't get protagonists with psychosis a lot and it deals with psychiatric illness in great way, even if the puzzles and combat are nothing special. For AA title, graphically wise it looks great.
With headphones is a really immersive experience. I love that game, finished it in one sitting.
Sounds good to me! Might wait till the 2nd is about to release and then play through them around the same time.

@afrocentricity you played this? Seen it is VR compatible too.