Gaming The RedCafe General/Random Gaming Chat Thread

Dipper

#7 Swiftie
Supports
Liverpool
Downloaded Apex Legends last night, only been through the tutorial but I’ve watched a lot of streamers play it and it looks fun. Looking forward to getting into it over the weekend.

caid

I wouldn't if it was it was Bioware making it. Depending on developer could be interesting.

Revan

Assumptionman
It could turn out to be the Ubisoft game announced recently.
Oh gosh, towers everywhere.

Honestly, I don’t think I can get excited for this. Especially if it is not BioWare or Obsidian (and even there, pretty much everyone has left).

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Reading some good reviews of Little Nightmares II this morning and a little surprised about how good it sounds.

I beat the first one a fortnight back and it was good if a little janky. This new one sounds better technically and the puzzles are apparently really good.

Wasn't planning to buy it but I guess now I am (when it's on sale).

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...illiantly-horrifying-often-infuriating-return

Last edited:

Ainu

I enjoyed the first one but couldn't shake the feeling I'd rather be playing Inside again. I'll probably get this one eventually but an initial price of €30 seems way too high. If it's anything like the first, it's a €15-20 game tops.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
I enjoyed the first one but couldn't shake the feeling I'd rather be playing Inside again. I'll probably get this one eventually but an initial price of €30 seems way too high. If it's anything like the first, it's a €15-20 game tops.
Agreed - I reckon they get priced highly because they know people buy them in sales later on.

Last edited:

el3mel

Even on Greenmangaming it's for about 25 dollars. If it's 6 hours or so only like the first game, this looks a little bit too much. Maybe under 20 I will get it.

The first game was phenomenal experience though, for an indie developer.

el3mel

When was the last time a developer got completely fecked in only 2 months after building very good reputation before ? 2 months only completey fecked up CDPR as a developer, from Cyberpunk disastrous release and the problems of its development to this hacked and leaked stuff.

When it rains, it really pours.

redom

Any chance they bid on it themselves? Or will they sell it to multiple accounts meaning the leak is all but inevitable now?

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Excuse my ignorance, but what exactly can be done with this data by whoever acquires it? Is it akin to someone stealing the secrets to how a specific piece of technology is made or engineered?

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

When was the last time a developer got completely fecked in only 2 months after building very good reputation before ? 2 months only completey fecked up CDPR as a developer, from Cyberpunk disastrous release and the problems of its development to this hacked and leaked stuff.

When it rains, it really pours.
Starting bid is a bit higher

phonics_tid

Your Mother Was a Hamster and Your Father Smelt of
Anyone been playing Little Nightmares 2? Found the first almost by accident and was blown away by how atmospheric and creepy it was. Safe to say the 2nd has continued this trend and maybe even exceeded the first. A 36 year old man shouldn’t be as freaked out playing a game like this.

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys

@Revan
Could be related? https://www.thedigitalfix.com/gamin...mobile-port-could-be-making-new-kotor-remake/

Aspyr Media, the developers responsible for the mobile port of the original Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, has reportedly been hiring old Bioware staff for a new project, leading to speculation that this could be the rumoured KOTOR remake/sequel.

First noticed by Russian site DTF, Aspyr Media is in the process of recruiting for an unannounced AAA RPG, having previously developed ports for classic Star Wars games, including KOTOR on mobile devices and re-releases of Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy.

Bojan11

I thought they were already part of EA weeks ago or was that just not completed yet?
They just completed it recently.

I rather Take two had bought them, even though they pretty much shitty themselves as EA are bigger cnuts.

AaronRedDevil

Just cleared Yakuza: Like a Dragon. Just Wow, what a brilliant game. I was so turned off when they put turned based combat in it because I always hated that style. But here it actually works and it’s very fun. I’ve played all Yakuza games in the last 2 years. I’d say this is my 2nd favourite game in the series, just below Yakuza 0. You do have to grind a good bit but it never felt annoying which is a first for me. Got to level 74 before the final 2 Chapters. The team characters are great and you can actually chat with them like it’s Mass Effect and do personal missions for them. The story was amazing with a lot of twist and turns and.....the Fecking REVEAL. Oh I screamed when it happened in chapter 12. For me it’s a 10/10.

if your a fan of Yakuza, play this Game!

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Just cleared Yakuza: Like a Dragon. Just Wow, what a brilliant game. I was so turned off when they put turned based combat in it because I always hated that style. But here it actually works and it’s very fun. I’ve played all Yakuza games in the last 2 years. I’d say this is my 2nd favourite game in the series, just below Yakuza 0. You do have to grind a good bit but it never felt annoying which is a first for me. Got to level 74 before the final 2 Chapters. The team characters are great and you can actually chat with them like it’s Mass Effect and do personal missions for them. The story was amazing with a lot of twist and turns and.....the Fecking REVEAL. Oh I screamed when it happened in chapter 12. For me it’s a 10/10.

if your a fan of Yakuza, play this Game!
Told @Bojan11 to play Yakuza and now he loves it.

el3mel

Days Gone is coming to PC.

I found this to be really weird, because I believe the studio that developed it was owned by Sony and used to develop PSP games ? Unlike Horizon's developers I think.

Bojan11

Days Gone is coming to PC.

I found this to be really weird, because I believe the studio that developed it was owned by Sony and used to develop PSP games ? Unlike Horizon's developers I think.
Ehhh? Sony own the lot and it's their decision. Nothing to do with studios. They know it's a easy cash grab releasing games after a year or so on PC. It's their new business model, I did tell @esmufc07 he was about to lose exclusives, but that guy never listens.