Gaming The RedCafe General/Random Gaming Chat Thread

Superunknown

Incredible game. One of the best of this generation and it would possibly make my top 10 overall too.
I had a lot of people telling me that there is no replay value to the game and that once you've experienced it once, it doesn't have the same magic going back into it. I have to disagree. I found my second playthrough more meaningful than my first. I was able to fully enjoy the Nomai lore a bit more now that I had some sort of context to put it all in. When you're planet-hopping and you're reading bits of text here and there, it can be a bit tricky to follow those plot-threads, since the text on one planet may be referencing something completing different to the text on another. But, once I finished the game and played it through a second time, it was much easier to see how it all fitted again and was just way more satisfying.

I found Brittle Hollow quite frustrating first time around, but have completed changed my opinion on it the second time. It's genius. 10/10 game, tbh.

Would recommend Echoes of the Eye. Have no idea how far I'm through that and still trying to piece together what is going on. It's very interesting. Different.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I had a lot of people telling me that there is no replay value to the game and that once you've experienced it once, it doesn't have the same magic going back into it. I have to disagree. I found my second playthrough more meaningful than my first. I was able to fully enjoy the Nomai lore a bit more now that I had some sort of context to put it all in. When you're planet-hopping and you're reading bits of text here and there, it can be a bit tricky to follow those plot-threads, since the text on one planet may be referencing something completing different to the text on another. But, once I finished the game and played it through a second time, it was much easier to see how it all fitted again and was just way more satisfying.

I found Brittle Hollow quite frustrating first time around, but have completed changed my opinion on it the second time. It's genius. 10/10 game, tbh.

Would recommend Echoes of the Eye. Have no idea how far I'm through that and still trying to piece together what is going on. It's very interesting. Different.
I should go back to it. Not sure what echoes of the eye is?

amolbhatia50k

It's DLC that has only just been released. Well worth it. There's a nice trailer for it:

Whoah. It seems to be getting rave reviews. Don't want up to read up on it. Will replay the main game soon and play this with it.

AaronRedDevil

Got Guardians of the Galaxy yesterday. Can’t wait to get started on i. Looks like a lot of fun.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Definitely on my to do list. The start from the beginning thing sounds like a turn off to me though
Trust me, it isn't. It gets so addictive.

You'll die, go back to start, and go straight back out for another run because it feels so good to play.

Also, the amount of dialogue in the game is mind-boggling. I've played the game for 25-ish hours, finished the story and there is still new dialogue with every single character on every single run. The script for this must be gigantic.

amolbhatia50k

Trust me, it isn't. It gets so addictive.

You'll die, go back to start, and go straight back out for another run because it feels so good to play.

Also, the amount of dialogue in the game is mind-boggling. I've played the game for 25-ish hours, finished the story and there is still new dialogue with every single character on every single run. The script for this must be gigantic.
Will definitely play it at some point given it was considered one of the best games of 2020. But theoretically (as I don't think I've actually played a game like this, I tried Enter the Gungeon but couldn't be bothered to start over), the concept of starting from the beginning sounds off to me - what's the appeal of it? Does the game change everhtime you restart?

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Will definitely play it at some point given it was considered one of the best games of 2020. But theoretically (as I don't think I've actually played a game like this, I tried Enter the Gungeon but couldn't be bothered to start over), the concept of starting from the beginning sounds off to me - what's the appeal of it? Does the game change everhtime you restart?
The layouts of the dungeons and enemies can be different but it always follows the same pattern generally. A successful run will take about half an hour.

The real appeal is the weapons and power-ups. That's how you change the game up. Loads of weapons with loads of different movesets and specials with loads of different Gods who have loads of different power-ups. That's where the variety is.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Would I have a more 'dope' time if I was to:

A) Purchase Far Cry 6

or

B) Wait for this Vanguard Call of Duty game?

I know its basically impossible to answer because one of the games isn't out yet, but if someone would like to guess

Moby

Dick
The layouts of the dungeons and enemies can be different but it always follows the same pattern generally. A successful run will take about half an hour.

The real appeal is the weapons and power-ups. That's how you change the game up. Loads of weapons with loads of different movesets and specials with loads of different Gods who have loads of different power-ups. That's where the variety is.
Yeah I did around 100 runs when I first played it and not one run was the same as the other even after me trying to make the same choices.

The first time I played I did like 15-20 runs straight away. You cannot ever stop after finishing a run especially till you finish your first one. Add to that the combat and gameplay is brilliant which isn't a surprise from the creators of a brilliant game like Transistor it's just a blast to play.

The only reason I ever stopped playing was that I was playing on my MacBook and I don't like to do gaming on that. If I had a Switch I swear I'd spend a few hours on this everyday. The fact that you can pick it up whenever and go on a 30 min run is absolutely perfect for killing short periods of idle time.

Not to mention the OST is also absolutely epic which again isn't a surprise given just how great Darren Korb is.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Anyone know a good war game for Android? Not medieval time setting but contemporary.

Revan

Assumptionman
Near the end of Mass Effect 2 in the legendary edition. Only Legion’s loyalty mission remains before passing through Omega 4.

Like the first Mass Effect, I remembered this game being much better. I am still enjoying it, but nowhere near as much as my first play a decade ago.

fecking The Witcher 3, makes games of the past look ordinary.

Or maybe, I wouldn’t like TW3 near as much if I play it now. Maybe it is just the relay effect.

Womp

idiot

A) Purchase Far Cry 6

or

I know its basically impossible to answer because one of the games isn't out yet, but if someone would like to guess
I'd say FC6. I'm usually big on CoD, but this new one looks very underwhelming imo, skipping this one and getting Battlefield this year. FC6 is genuinely quite fun though.

AaronRedDevil

A) Purchase Far Cry 6

or

I'd definitely skip this CoD. Looks like a generic one. Next Modern Warfare will be it. I'm playing Guardians of the Galaxy at the moment. Brilliant so far.

amolbhatia50k

Started Hollow Knight. Last two times I had to leave it mid way as it was on someone else's laptop. This time on the PS4. So so good.

Womp

idiot
If you guys haven't played it already - I highly recommend looking into Deathloop if those quirky FPS games are your style. Reminds me a bit of like Bioshock, Fallout etc.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Started Hollow Knight. Last two times I had to leave it mid way as it was on someone else's laptop. This time on the PS4. So so good.
It’s wonderful. I quickly grew addicted to it. Think I finished on 103%. I did try to go back to it but completely forgot how to play it. May do a fresh play through before Silksong though (whenever the hell that is released).

amolbhatia50k

Far Cry 6 Ultimate Edition worth splurging on?
I think that Ultimate Editions of only special games are really worth splurging on especially soon after release. So probably - only if you absolute love Far Cry games.

It’s wonderful. I quickly grew addicted to it. Think I finished on 103%. I did try to go back to it but completely forgot how to play it. May do a fresh play through before Silksong though (whenever the hell that is released).
Oh I loved it on previous playthroughs and always hated the fact that I couldn't finish (normal for me lol). Such a great game. Also what the hell is 103%?!

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
I think that Ultimate Editions of only special games are really worth splurging on especially soon after release. So probably - only if you absolute love Far Cry games.

Oh I loved it on previous playthroughs and always hated the fact that I couldn't finish (normal for me lol). Such a great game. Also what the hell is 103%?!
You can finish on 114% completion if you do everything in the game and get everything. I still had a few things left to do, so I finished on 103%

amolbhatia50k

You can finish on 114% completion if you do everything in the game and get everything. I still had a few things left to do, so I finished on 103%
I've never been a completitonist really. I have to experience a game properly not tick off a checklist.