Film The Redcafe Movie review thread

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Zombieland: Double Tap
Felt the same about this as the original, a fun ride while it lasts but won't be remembering much of it in a weeks time 6/10

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
I watched Quadrophenia again last night. It's a bit crap really. I don't think the soundtrack is all that either. Then I had a go at That'll Be The Day and that was even worse. I'm trying to find Absolute Beginners to see if that's as terrible as I remember.

Julien Temple did Earth Girls Are Easy and I gave that another go. It's pretty fun actually and Geena Davis is smoking hot despite the massive overbite. Jeff Goldblum is such an interesting person just to watch...he doesn't even need to speak. It's funny seeing how dopey and cute Jim Carrey was before he became irritatingly ubiquitous.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Secretary (2002)

Available on Prime Video. Fascinating portrayal of two tortured souls Mr Grey (James Spader) and Lee (Maggie Gyllenhaal), a boss and his secretary with obsessive personality traits that come together in the workplace to form a very unique co-dependence that becomes more sadomasochistic as time goes on. From this symbiotic relationship, they're able to gradually break free of sorts from the shackles of repression that has undoubtedly plagued them for most of their lives. Without too much back story, we understand that Lee has had a history of mental illness and self harming and Mr. Grey has had issues with past relationships both in and out of work. After an uneasy and shaky beginning, the two form an unlikely bond that takes many unexpected twists and turns as the film progresses.

David Spader has the market cornered on the sleazy douchebag roles and Maggie Gyllenhaal is just perfect as the uptight and deeply troubled secretary. The bondage stuff is there but that's not essentially what the film is about, rather it's a tool that is used simply to define the parameters of their relationship. It's great watching these two characters embark on their journey together as they're able to explore their master and servant relationship within the confines of their safe space. The scene where Mr. Grey confronts Lee about her self harming is just a great watch, probably my favourite bit in the film. The coldness and indifference of the boss and the shyness of his secretary get to somehow meet in the middle where they can eventually get to have a bit of kinky fun but at the same time grow as individuals.

This would never fly these days with the Me-Too movement as flirting and office romances are kind of frowned upon now. I'm not sure how HR would view a boss engaging in bondage sessions with his secretary but at least the activities albeit slightly unconventional are consensual, so that's ok, right? Put it down to a great study of relationships and society's views of the non conventional.

I would have been happy if the film just focused purely on the two main characters but that dynamic is interrupted in the final act when their bizarre relationship is exposed to the outside world much to the bemusement of Lee's family and friends. Ending is a bit weird but still satisfying I guess. The film and Gyllenhaal in particular received plenty of nominations and a few awards and rightly so (she should have got the Oscar though). It's not a classic but it's a brilliant piece of film that doesn't bite off more than it can chew. Thoroughly engaging from start to finish and all characters perfectly cast and portrayed. Even the movie poster is kind of iconic.

I'm giving this a 8/10.

AkaAkuma

Two Popes

It was mostly a character study of the two men with some interesting historical elements, very well acted as you would expect from Hopkins, Jonathan Pryce probably stole it though. Its a story of the growth of a friendship despite opposing views.

7/10

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Us (2019)

Finally got round to watching this tonight and I'm guessing the trailer duped a lot of people into thinking this was going to be a real corker. The premise was great but whoever wrote the screenplay deserves to be shot. I don't think I've shouted so much at the telly in a long time. The only redeeming qualities are some of the acting and the soundtrack. The story was just a big jumbled mess with so many plot holes it was ridiculous. Just lazy, lazy writing meant that there was no cohesion, forcing you to take big leaps of faith to keep up with what was unravelling on screen.

As a result, the film leaves you with more questions than answers with people just popping up out of nowhere at the right time with no logical explanation as to how they got there. The obligatory monologue at the end goes some way to trying to bring sense to all the nonsense but even that fails miserably. Conspiracy theories on a postcard please. The first 20 minutes was unnervingly good and if the film had kept up that momentum, it would have been a success but once the home invasion begins it just plummets rapidly with the predictable inevitability that has been done so many times before.

This film had so much potential and has no right to be filed under 'horror'. The cinematography was great in places and Nyong'o really got stuck into her role(s) with some gusto but sadly not even enough to save this sorry affair. Just bypass this and go for the infinitely superior Get Out instead.

I'm giving this a 3/10.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Instant Family (2018)

Available on Sky Cinema, Instant Family is a very slick feelgood comedy starring Mark Wahlberg and Rose Byrne as a couple who adopt 3 children who turn out to be more of a challenge than expected. I came into this with minimal expectation but this is probably one of the best films I've seen so far this year.

Rose Byrne is such a brilliant actress and does a sterling job here. Wahlberg, not so much but this is one of his better performances to be fair. All the other characters are just great and no matter how big or small their part, they just bring so much to the story. It's a real rollercoaster of a movie. How it manages to have you in stitches one minute then having you pretend you've got something in your eye the next is a credit to its sharp script and brilliant direction. I can't emphasize enough how brilliant the cast of this film are. So many performances hitting it out of the park. Full marks to the casting team and scriptwriters.

All of the family structures both traditional and modern are portrayed in true stereotypical fashion and it's great to see them have a bit of fun with what is really a serious subject. The 'Blind Side' references are just hilarious. The film has a nice touch at the end with pictures of real adoption cases, which allows you to have that serious moment of reflection after your 2 hours of fun. It's really funny. It'll tug at your heart strings. I defy anyone not to be moved by it.

I'm giving this a 8.5/10.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Us (2019)

Finally got round to watching this tonight and I'm guessing the trailer duped a lot of people into thinking this was going to be a real corker. The premise was great but whoever wrote the screenplay deserves to be shot. I don't think I've shouted so much at the telly in a long time. The only redeeming qualities are some of the acting and the soundtrack. The story was just a big jumbled mess with so many plot holes it was ridiculous. Just lazy, lazy writing meant that there was no cohesion, forcing you to take big leaps of faith to keep up with what was unravelling on screen.

As a result, the film leaves you with more questions than answers with people just popping up out of nowhere at the right time with no logical explanation as to how they got there. The obligatory monologue at the end goes some way to trying to bring sense to all the nonsense but even that fails miserably. Conspiracy theories on a postcard please. The first 20 minutes was unnervingly good and if the film had kept up that momentum, it would have been a success but once the home invasion begins it just plummets rapidly with the predictable inevitability that has been done so many times before.

This film had so much potential and has no right to be filed under 'horror'. The cinematography was great in places and Nyong'o really got stuck into her role(s) with some gusto but sadly not even enough to save this sorry affair. Just bypass this and go for the infinitely superior Get Out instead.

I'm giving this a 3/10.
Instant Family (2018)

Available on Sky Cinema, Instant Family is a very slick feelgood comedy starring Mark Wahlberg and Rose Byrne as a couple who adopt 3 children who turn out to be more of a challenge than expected. I came into this with minimal expectation but this is probably one of the best films I've seen so far this year.

Rose Byrne is such a brilliant actress and does a sterling job here. Wahlberg, not so much but this is one of his better performances to be fair. All the other characters are just great and no matter how big or small their part, they just bring so much to the story. It's a real rollercoaster of a movie. How it manages to have you in stitches one minute then having you pretend you've got something in your eye the next is a credit to its sharp script and brilliant direction. I can't emphasize enough how brilliant the cast of this film are. So many performances hitting it out of the park. Full marks to the casting team and scriptwriters.

All of the family structures both traditional and modern are portrayed in true stereotypical fashion and it's great to see them have a bit of fun with what is really a serious subject. The 'Blind Side' references are just hilarious. The film has a nice touch at the end with pictures of real adoption cases, which allows you to have that serious moment of reflection after your 2 hours of fun. It's really funny. It'll tug at your heart strings. I defy anyone not to be moved by it.

I'm giving this a 8.5/10.
Us was my most disappointing film last year and Instant Family was in my top 5. I think we're film buddies!

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Us was my most disappointing film last year and Instant Family was in my top 5. I think we're film buddies!
Ah, excellent! :) Did you agree about all the characters in Instant Family? The case workers were brilliant, great dynamic. I watched it first thing this morning and it hasn't left me yet.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Ah, excellent! :) Did you agree about all the characters in Instant Family? The case workers were brilliant, great dynamic. I watched it first thing this morning and it hasn't left me yet.
I agreed with everything in the review. I remember the director saying this was a personal project for him, you can see that.

Tarrou

The Gentleman was quite fun at times, though it's not a great film. It all feels a bit like they're trying too hard to be cool.

Uncut Gems is a belter. Incredible performance from Adam Sandler.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Secretary (2002)

Available on Prime Video. Fascinating portrayal of two tortured souls Mr Grey (James Spader) and Lee (Maggie Gyllenhaal), a boss and his secretary with obsessive personality traits that come together in the workplace to form a very unique co-dependence that becomes more sadomasochistic as time goes on. From this symbiotic relationship, they're able to gradually break free of sorts from the shackles of repression that has undoubtedly plagued them for most of their lives. Without too much back story, we understand that Lee has had a history of mental illness and self harming and Mr. Grey has had issues with past relationships both in and out of work. After an uneasy and shaky beginning, the two form an unlikely bond that takes many unexpected twists and turns as the film progresses.

David Spader has the market cornered on the sleazy douchebag roles and Maggie Gyllenhaal is just perfect as the uptight and deeply troubled secretary. The bondage stuff is there but that's not essentially what the film is about, rather it's a tool that is used simply to define the parameters of their relationship. It's great watching these two characters embark on their journey together as they're able to explore their master and servant relationship within the confines of their safe space. The scene where Mr. Grey confronts Lee about her self harming is just a great watch, probably my favourite bit in the film. The coldness and indifference of the boss and the shyness of his secretary get to somehow meet in the middle where they can eventually get to have a bit of kinky fun but at the same time grow as individuals.

This would never fly these days with the Me-Too movement as flirting and office romances are kind of frowned upon now. I'm not sure how HR would view a boss engaging in bondage sessions with his secretary but at least the activities albeit slightly unconventional are consensual, so that's ok, right? Put it down to a great study of relationships and society's views of the non conventional.

I would have been happy if the film just focused purely on the two main characters but that dynamic is interrupted in the final act when their bizarre relationship is exposed to the outside world much to the bemusement of Lee's family and friends. Ending is a bit weird but still satisfying I guess. The film and Gyllenhaal in particular received plenty of nominations and a few awards and rightly so (she should have got the Oscar though). It's not a classic but it's a brilliant piece of film that doesn't bite off more than it can chew. Thoroughly engaging from start to finish and all characters perfectly cast and portrayed. Even the movie poster is kind of iconic.

I'm giving this a 8/10.
I loved this movie and still find it to be excellent. I would hope this type of art is not victim to Me Too movement as it is all consensual.

Two Popes

It was mostly a character study of the two men with some interesting historical elements, very well acted as you would expect from Hopkins, Jonathan Pryce probably stole it though. Its a story of the growth of a friendship despite opposing views.

7/10
I did not like this movie at all and found it to be incredibly boring though the cinematography was well done. Easily the worst of the award nominated movies this year and I felt many other movies were more deserving of the Golden Globe Best Drama nomination

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I loved this movie and still find it to be excellent. I would hope this type of art is not victim to Me Too movement as it is all consensual.
Nah mate. It's all good. If anybody's gonna come after Secretary (feck 'em by the way), then two-thirds of the whole movie industry back catalogue will be wiped out overnight.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Snatchers Low budget comedy horror expanded from a web series. Think a gorier Clueless meets Gremlins with a speedy alien induced pregnancy thrown in. Better than it sounds. 6.5/10

Last edited:

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Secretary (2002)

I'm giving this a 8/10.
superb film.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
1917 - I'm sure it could be picked apart and I'm sure it's full of historical inaccuracies, but as a piece of cinema, it's breathtaking and had me on the edge of my seat. It even had a few moments that made me genuinely gasp which rarely if ever happens anymore. I think they did a great job with the continuous shot aspect of it which had me constantly going "how in the absolute feck did they film that?" and George MacKay was brilliant. it also had quite a few surreal moments and wonderful pauses in the relentless action, and the score was amazing. I'm usually not a fan of extremely loud scores that are almost overbearing (I'm looking at you, Nolan) but they really worked here. 9/10 probably reduced to 6/10 once @Mockney and @noodlehair start picking the whole thing apart in massive posts.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Savageland
After a mass murder on a small town, a man is arrested and convicted but soon, photographs taken from the culprit paint a far more sinister story. Really hyped by the premise for this psuedo-documentary and whilst it starts really well, it just doesn't go the extra step to really stand out. It pretty much just stays at one pace and fizzles out. Shame as it had potential to be so much more 5.5/10

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
The Nightingale
Set in 1825, Clare, a young Irish convict woman, chases a British officer through the rugged Tasmanian wilderness, bent on revenge for a terrible act of violence he committed against her family. On the way she enlists the services of an Aboriginal tracker named Billy, who is also marked by trauma from his own violence-filled past.

Brutal movie. Has one of the most harrowing scenes I've seen in a while... not because it was overly violent/deliberately provocative like Serbian film but because it felt real. Enjoy isn't the right word but I really appreciated this film and am keenly going to keep an eye on Jennifer Kent's career. Looked stunning, top notch performances and overall, it's a film you wont forget in a hurry.

It did have a few issues though... a little too long, some dream sequences that feel repetitive and maybe it's trying to cram in too many themes. I'd recommend this but it's definitely not for everyone 7.5/10

Archie Leach

Gooner
Supports
Arsenal
Little Women - Gerwig is already an incredibly assured filmmaker and this is a well-told, handsome adaptation of a story I don't really care much for. Love me some Florence Pugh and Chris Cooper has a great low-key performance in this too. Can't fault it but didn't love it.

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
I rewatched Under The Skin for the first time, fearing that it might not be as good as I remember. And then it's the best sci-fi film. Utterly unique cinema, visually and conceptually a true original. The way the film strips away all sense of human normalcy, leaving me with the feeling of viewing an entirely alien world is remarkable. Beauty, sex, the naked body, deformity, the crowd, a stack of boxes in the street, everything is reduced to emotionless curiosity. I can feel the film warping my perception as it plays in a way that only the very best works of art do. Sci-fi as ontology-horror in the Goya/Mary Shelley class, free of time and context, with the transcendental quality of a Blake. The music is perfect. The visual stuff is like an early Disney adaptation of The Garden of Earthly Delights. It makes Kubrick feel like an IT technician, Nolan and Villeneuve look like burger chain managers. Hell, it surpasses Bergman and the restrictive intellectualism of Persona. Up top, right next to Metropolis.

I saw Marriage Story and The Beach Bum, and enjoyed them: Both films playing out as part of the death rattle decadence of a declining empire. It was interesting how Marriage Story chose to weigh up each side of the dispute. Was it attempting balance? I felt that it was favouring the ever-amiable Driver over the slightly harsh Johansson. And the supporting cast sees pushy, ditsy and vapid women bossing about infantile men. I think it works comedically, and who's winning is hardly the point, but I am surprised there has been little push back against some of the broader characterisations. I find Korine's cinema likeable and interesting, but with all his stuff there is always a point in the films where I want them to bite, and they always end up just smirking. I'm not always a McConaughey fan but I think this is a better character and performance than Joker.

Archie Leach

Gooner
Supports
Arsenal
I saw Marriage Story and The Beach Bum, and enjoyed them: Both films playing out as part of the death rattle decadence of a declining empire. It was interesting how Marriage Story chose to weigh up each side of the dispute. Was it attempting balance? I felt that it was favouring the ever-amiable Driver over the slightly harsh Johansson. And the supporting cast sees pushy, ditsy and vapid women bossing about infantile men. I think it works comedically, and who's winning is hardly the point, but I am surprised there has been little push back against some of the broader characterisations. I find Korine's cinema likeable and interesting, but with all his stuff there is always a point in the films where I want them to bite, and they always end up just smirking. I'm not always a McConaughey fan but I think this is a better character and performance than Joker.
I think Marriage Story would have been better if it didn't worry about creating a balance - there doesn't need to be one, nor should divorce necessarily be a point scoring exercise - but Baumbach seems aware of it, as he introduces an unnecessary infidelity to try and even the scales. I also think that's an ungenerous take on the female supporting cast; Julie Hegarty and Merrit Wever are both very funny and Dern is great, alongside Alda and Liotta.

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
Dern gives a great performance, award worthy, but I thought the character to be a rather shallow caricature. It works however when counterbalanced by the films compassion elsewhere. Martha Kelly isn't really a character, just a punchline. The men at least remain pitiable schlubs. None of which affected my personal enjoyment of the film but as the film becomes increasingly centered around this gender duality it's hard not to look at the way the film stacks the deck.

The infidelity was the one thing that felt too contrived, particularly at the point that it was introduced. If it had been established from the start and was seen as the catalyst for the separation then maybe you might have something slightly more authentic feeling but maybe less enjoyable. I'd say that its fun, snappy rhythm is partly dictated by these little tit for tat plot revelations.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Dern gives a great performance, award worthy, but I thought the character to be a rather shallow caricature.
Very much so, as is Ray Liotta. Their scenes, while amusing, feel forced against the rest of the film that wants to appear grounded in reality. I say "wants to appear" as I felt it fails, and the more I think about the film, the more I realize I disliked it, Adam Driver's performance aside. Way too theatrical to be relatable and felt pretty cheap as a whole.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
The Hustle
Two con women - one low rent and the other high class - team up to take down the men who have wronged them. The first act is rough. Really fecking appalling. It gets a little better from the second act onwards, especially when an app designer boy comes into play. My main issue with this film is Rebel Wilson. She is not funny at all and so annoying. "Look at me I'm fat and do stupid fat things"... feck off. I'm not usually a fan of Anne Hathaway either but she was decent here 4/10

Destination Wedding

The story of two miserable and unpleasant wedding guests, Lindsay and Frank, who develop a mutual affection despite themselves. Both Winona Ryder and Keanu Reeves had great chemistry and there were some funny scenes but felt like it was on such a tight budget that the director was unable to film proper coverage for scenes. The script/dialogue also felt like the two actors were regurgitating columns out of a student essay. Overly-written and under-directed but enough chuckles to be worth a shot if you'er completely stuck for a movie to watch mainly due to the lead performances 5/10

MadMike

Captivating WWI trenches movie. Watched it on IMAX and the amazing cinematography, score and suspense had me at the edge of my seat throughout the movie. Great decision to splash on IMAX tickets, absolutely worth it. Top 3 for the the last year

8.5/10

Star Wars (Rise of SkyWalker)

Pointless, cliched, incoherent, boring... take your pick. Not even any good action. On the plus side, it brought this appalling trilogy to an end.

3/10

Member 39557

Shoplifters:

Good film about a struggling family of shoplifters that find a young child and take her in. As the film progresses, you slowly learn more about the family dynamic and it left me wondering about certain moral factors.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Shoplifters:

Good film about a struggling family of shoplifters that find a young child and take her in. As the film progresses, you slowly learn more about the family dynamic and it left me wondering about certain moral factors.
This has been on my watchlist for a while. Will try watch it soon.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I rewatched Under The Skin for the first time, fearing that it might not be as good as I remember. And then it's the best sci-fi film. Utterly unique cinema, visually and conceptually a true original. The way the film strips away all sense of human normalcy, leaving me with the feeling of viewing an entirely alien world is remarkable. Beauty, sex, the naked body, deformity, the crowd, a stack of boxes in the street, everything is reduced to emotionless curiosity. I can feel the film warping my perception as it plays in a way that only the very best works of art do. Sci-fi as ontology-horror in the Goya/Mary Shelley class, free of time and context, with the transcendental quality of a Blake. The music is perfect. The visual stuff is like an early Disney adaptation of The Garden of Earthly Delights. It makes Kubrick feel like an IT technician, Nolan and Villeneuve look like burger chain managers. Hell, it surpasses Bergman and the restrictive intellectualism of Persona. Up top, right next to Metropolis.
I think Under The Skin is a bit of a 'marmite' film. You're either going to love it or hate it. It's an alien sci-fi but without all the aliens and sci-fi stuff...mostly. Juxtaposing the unique beauty of the alien's human guise (Johansson) with the harsh, gritty Scottish backdrop was a key element to the success of this film's look and tone. Kudos to the producers for signing her up for the gig. No doubt some would have been expecting a 'Species' re-hash but if they paid any attention to the trailer they would have known what they were getting from the outset. I had to watch it a couple of times to make any sense of it because without any pre-amble, commentary or revelatory monologue it was hard to follow at first. It is quite a cerebral film with minimal dialogue that just wasn't necessary anyway. Some people will just see this as a film about a pretty alien in a van picking up random guys and sucking them into the fifth dimension or whatever the hell it was. The more cultured amongst us will notice the nuances of Johansson's performance as she got to grips with her purpose/mission?, humanity etc. The film didn't make any attempt to offer any explanation or justification for what was going on, leaving you with a blank canvas on which to paint your own interpretation. Some may find this a little frustrating. The musical score was quite haunting and Glazer knows how to frame a good scene. I still have so many questions about this film though. It was ok. Just ok.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Jojo Rabbit

Film about a 10 year old Nazi who's imaginary friend is Adolf Hitler, and is harbouring a Jewish girl in his house. Funny and sad in equal measure. Big fan of anything Taika Waititi is involved in.

8/10

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
1917 in essence a British finding Private Ryan set a war earlier with a stiffer upoer lip. Captures the horrors of the trenches and is more or less a suspensful.race against time the whole way through. The single camera tracking technique used really wirks and the two hour run time flys by. 8/10

Last edited:

RedPed

Whatabouter.
2017 in essence a British finding Private Ryan set a war earlier with a stiffer upoer lip. Captures the horrors of the trenches and is more or less a suspensful.race against time the whole way through. The single camera tracking technique used really wirks and the two hour run time flys by. 8/10
Is this the sequel??

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Avengers: Endgame (2019)

I watched this again with an open mind....and it's still a shower of shite. I found most of the characters just as annoying as before with most of them seriously over/under-cooked. Nebula's always been my favourite character since she was introduced in the Guardians storyline so it was good to see her reprising such a s significant role in this one. Apart from her and probably Black Widow and Rocket, I didn't really care for the rest. What they did to Hulk and Thor was just one of the biggest superhero travesties in a film next to The Mandarin.

Infinity War was probably as good as the Marvel film franchise got and they should have just lifted 30 minutes from Endgame, stuck it on the end of that and gone out with a bang. But they had to drag it out with a pointless 2 hours of filler before the 'epic' showdown where everyone gets to at least share a bit of screen time and take out at least one bad guy. It had its moments but just failed to live up to the hype. Everybody was going to see it anyway so it was a win-win for Marvel. But this is probably the last time I'll watch it for a long while.

I can't remember what I gave it first time round but on this viewing I'm giving it a 4/10.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Tried to watch the new Jay & Silent Bob Reboot for some (still) unexplainable reason... By the time Kevin Smith’s actual daughter was crying through a bad monologue he’d written for her about the worst pain imaginable being not knowing your father, delivered to her on-screen father, played by Smith’s best friend, moments after lengthy ‘bit’ about how much she’d love to suck Thor’s cock, and how she’d do it, all whilst sitting in the back of a van, driven by Smith himself, gurning like a poorly justified disabled Ricky Gervais character, I realised this was a work of such profoundly unqualifiable meta fiction, that simply labelling it along such mainstream lines as “good” or “bad” or “infernally inexorable” were cosmically meaningless and ultimately futile.

Do not watch this film.

Last edited:

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout

I watched this again with an open mind....and it's still a shower of shite.
I found most of the characters just as annoying as before with most of them seriously over/under-cooked. Nebula's always been my favourite character since she was introduced in the Guardians storyline so it was good to see her reprising such a s significant role in this one. Apart from her and probably Black Widow and Rocket, I didn't really care for the rest. What they did to Hulk and Thor was just one of the biggest superhero travesties in a film next to The Mandarin.

Infinity War was probably as good as the Marvel film franchise got and they should have just lifted 30 minutes from Endgame, stuck it on the end of that and gone out with a bang. But they had to drag it out with a pointless 2 hours of filler before the 'epic' showdown where everyone gets to at least share a bit of screen time and take out at least one bad guy. It had its moments but just failed to live up to the hype. Everybody was going to see it anyway so it was a win-win for Marvel. But this is probably the last time I'll watch it for a long while.

I can't remember what I gave it first time round but on this viewing I'm giving it a 4/10.
Did you think it would be different a second time around?

Maybe try a 3rd and 4th viewing.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff

I watched this again with an open mind....and it's still a shower of shite. I found most of the characters just as annoying as before with most of them seriously over/under-cooked. Nebula's always been my favourite character since she was introduced in the Guardians storyline so it was good to see her reprising such a s significant role in this one. Apart from her and probably Black Widow and Rocket, I didn't really care for the rest. What they did to Hulk and Thor was just one of the biggest superhero travesties in a film next to The Mandarin.

All of the Avenger films were just unwatchable gibberish imo (or they were when I stoped watching half way through the second one).