Film The Redcafe Movie review thread

pauldyson1uk

Camp Cold Blood

A paranormal team sets to check out an abandoned summer camp where a mass murder had taken place decades previous.
Films like this have been done to death, this was nothing new, there was a twist in it, but not enough of one to save the film, it did have it moments and to be honest had all the ingredients of a very good film, but it failed to deliver and the ending , so annoying !

3/10

pauldyson1uk

Trespassers ( Hell Is Where the Home Is original title)

Two young couples rent a Mojave desert luxury house for a weekend of fun and coke. The doorbell rings and the body count begins.
I was OK , typical home invasion film, seen them before, this brings nothing new to the table.
Watchable, just about.

5/10

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
2001: A Space a Odyssey
Yes, lots of hidden messages and subtext etc but feck me this was boring 3/10

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I thought I was the only one, apart from the last 30 mins or so, the rest I think is boring has hell.
2010: The Year We Make Contact, is better.
Didn't even realise it had a sequel. Don't think I want to watch a space film for a while though :lol:

pauldyson1uk

Didn't even realise it had a sequel. Don't think I want to watch a space film for a while though :lol:
American-Soviet expedition is sent to Jupiter to discover what went wrong with the U.S.S. Discovery against a backdrop of growing global tensions. Amongst the mysteries the expedition must explain, are the appearance of a huge black monolith in Jupiter's orbit and the fate of H.A.L

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
The Old Guard on Netflix

I don't understand how this movie has a 81% RT rating. It makes the Transformers look like Godfather. The only salvageable thing about it is Harry Melling, who plays the villain with considerable menace. I also hate how every movie these days shamelessly sets itself up for a trilogy.

If you want to see a decent Netflix action movie, look for Triple Frontier. Highly underrated.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
American-Soviet expedition is sent to Jupiter to discover what went wrong with the U.S.S. Discovery against a backdrop of growing global tensions. Amongst the mysteries the expedition must explain, are the appearance of a huge black monolith in Jupiter's orbit and the fate of H.A.L
Is it an official sequel?

pauldyson1uk

Freaks

A bold girl discovers a bizarre, threatening, and mysterious new world beyond her front door after she escapes her father's protective and paranoid control.
This was decent, good story well written, you young girl acting was very good, defiantly worth a watch.

7/10

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
First Cow . Damn beautiful film. A low key yet richly textured frontier crime drama. It struck me while watching that Reichardt's cinema is all about class disparity and symbiosis, whether that be politics or gender, nature against the domesticated, wild and the tamed, animal and the human.
Yes.

AaronRedDevil

2001: A Space a Odyssey
Yes, lots of hidden messages and subtext etc but feck me this was boring 3/10
Nice to see that. I didn’t even get past 45mins into the movie. The first bit was like the cast in monkey suits messing around and getting high AF and they forgot to turn off the camera.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Ad Astra

A film about astronauts fighting in outer space and searching for aliens and stuff which...is...somehow...really fecking boring. Most of the film is literally Brad Pitt talking to himself explaining to himself how boring he is and how he doesn't understand why he's so boring. In a surprise twist at the end, absolutely nothing happens.

0/10

Tarrou

Beach Bum just popped up on my Netflix so I gave it a go and was hooked - I know Harmony Korine's movies are not for everyone but I really enjoyed this one. The scenes with Snoop and McConaughy were hilarious. If you didn't like Spring Breakers though I'd give it a swerve.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Ad Astra

A film about astronauts fighting in outer space and searching for aliens and stuff which...is...somehow...really fecking boring. Most of the film is literally Brad Pitt talking to himself explaining to himself how boring he is and how he doesn't understand why he's so boring. In a surprise twist at the end, absolutely nothing happens.

0/10
Yeah that one scarred me. It's one of the rare films I didn't finish and trust me, I've finished some shit.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Ad Astra

0/10
Started well but the second half was terrible.

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
Nothing But a Man - Beautifully observed drama, a vivid slice of black life in 60's Alabama. The sincere performances by Abbey Lincoln and Ivan Dixon were some of the best acting performances I've seen in a long time.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
The Old Guard on Netflix

I don't understand how this movie has a 81% RT rating. It makes the Transformers look like Godfather. The only salvageable thing about it is Harry Melling, who plays the villain with considerable menace. I also hate how every movie these days shamelessly sets itself up for a trilogy.

If you want to see a decent Netflix action movie, look for Triple Frontier. Highly underrated.
:lol: is the villain the cockney nerd? Probably the worst villain ever written.

Sylar

Alpha
Watched this on netflix. Its kinda like Life of Pi.
I really enjoyed it even though theres no english. Not much talking anyway, but its done well.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
That Awkward Moment
Follows the romantic entanglements of three best friends. A male focused rom com with some funny toilet humour. Kind of loses steam by the mid point but is not bad. Oh and Zac Efron is a sexy bastard 6/10

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
The Old Guard on Netflix

Yea Triple Frontier was brilliant i thought.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Jojo Rabbit: Pretty good. Did not have me on the edge of my seat and i was looking at my phone in parts. Some funny bits.

6/10

Sweet Square

Miami Vice :luv:
I didn't watch it for years because it was a remake(Plus it sort of flopped when it came out)but that was a huge mistake. It's one of Mann's best and up there with the greatest films of 2000's. As it's been pointed out(Many years later)it looks completely different to almost any other film, which I can't put finger on why other than Mann having filmed it on digital but there has to be more to it then that.

And to flip the original Miami vice on its head with a film set mostly at night in a thunder soaked Miami, drawing on the links with Cuba was pretty special. The acting isn't to shabby either. Oh and speedboats!

Tarrou

Seen some good movies the last few nights

Jojo Rabbit - Loved this, its funny and original. Taika Waititi was great as Hitler. 8/10

Palm Springs - Fun easy watch Andy Samberg film if you like that sorta thing. 7/10

Blue Collar - Would've loved to have seen Prior in more serious roles like this - he's fecking sublime. The chemistry between him, Keitel and Kotto makes the movie. They must've done a helluva lot of coke filing this. 10/10

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Knives Out: A different take on the murder mystery drama. It's funny enough, has a very good cast. I liked it. Recommended it to my mum. 8.5/10

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets:
Based on a popular and beloved French comic called Valérian and Laureline. Why isn't the movie called that? Laureline is as important of a character as Valerian? Sexist Hollywood probably. The movie looks really good. Luc Besson took no pay for this movie which is a bit crazy considering the work he put into it. He even wrote a 600+ page book about all the alien races in the movie. Such passion has to be good right? There's some good source material to work with but it just didn't come off right. The main characters were uncharismatic (if you close your eyes Dane DeHaan sounds like Keanu). Their "banter" came off as sarcastic hostility. It wasn't funny at all. In fact there was no funny character. The plot was bad. You don't know what was going on until the end and when you've got it figured out they explain the whole movie to you just in case you fell asleep (seriously, what are those pearl things?). The movie opening was one of the dumbest I've seen. Best thing about the movie was Rihanna. 3/10 (7/10 if you really like to watch Cara Delevingne)

Cool as Ice: The Vanilla Ice movie. Surprisingly Vanilla Ice himself was not as bad as the movie which should give you some idea about how good the movie is. About 1/3 of it is like a music video with no dialogue and nothing plot related. Plot makes no sense either. Ice and his crew are touring on their motorcycles but in bumb feck nowhere their bikes break so they have to wait for mom and pop to fix it, characters that looked like they were left over from Nothing But Trouble. Meanwhile Ice tried to get with this hometown hottie that's dating a deuce and whose parents are in the witness protection program. The movie itself doesn't really deserve a rating. It's very bad movie that some might think it's so bad it's good. Personally I think it's just bad.

Fateful Findings: From the brilliant mind of Neal Breen. I'm sure we've got som The Room lovers on here. If you're a fan then this movie will blow your mind. It's a cinematic masterpiece if masterpiece meant getting everything that has to filmmaking completely wrong. The plot, the acting a hallmark of a funny bad movie but what makes this movie so great is the wonderful editing, sound mixing and cinematography. In case you're wondering Neal Breen did it all. He's an architect that saves his money so he can make movies and he's learning how by making them. Spoiler: He doesn't and hasn't learned how. 10/10 because there's nothing like it.

Ocean's 8: Boring. There's no conflict in the movie. The tropes are boring. The characters have little personality. Not like Ocean's 11-13 are good movies either, this is basically the same but since there's only 8 of them Bullock is both the Clooney schemer part and the Pitt eating part. I literally only watched it because it took too much energy at the time to change the channels. The acting was fine but it's a cast stacked with charismatic actresses that don't get much material to work with. Best thing about the movie was Rihanna. 5/10

Trespass:
Might be the biggest flop in history? Cage is doing his crazy thing. Kidman was just starting doing proper plastic surgery so you don't know that you're watching her. Home Invasion movie where the robbers want some cash but all is not as it seems.Oh and it's a Joel Schumacher film and understandably the last film someone gave him money to make. At times it's boring and dumb but inbetween it has some golden "so bad it's good" moments, especially from Cage and Ben Mendelsohn and a few other robbers. Batshit crazy film, decent watch.

Cellular: I was surprised at how much I liked it. Expected it to be a dumb watchable film but it was less dumb than I though given the premise and it was really funny at times. Chris Morgan wrote it and he's the guy that changed the Fast and the Furious franchise into the crazy thing it is today. Chris Evans was great. William H. Macy was great. Eric Christan Olsen's character was named Chad which you know is just good writing. Outlandish action movie with Indiana Jones type wit. Good fun. 7/10