Music The RedCafe "Original Songwriter's" Music Thread

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time
New track uploaded.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time
I use some free software, a microphone I got for half price in Maplin once and a 6 year old laptop...I should probably look into these things a bit more...

This is 4 years old but I just found it on said laptop.
Like it. This tune has potential.

noodlehair

"It's like..."

I will also actually listen to the other stuff in here when I next get a chance so I'm not just being completely self serving :lol:

RedPed

RedPed

Now that we're pretty much resigned to homeworking for the foreseeable future, we've become somewhat detached from our colleagues. So to stay connected and boost morale, we have a weekly catchup via Teams where the whole team, company owners and directors jump on a Teams call just to shoot the breeze for half hour on a Friday afternoon.

Samples were taken from one of these Team chats and added to the track Magnum Opus for a bit of fun. The plan is to do a silly video at some stage in the future when we get year end out the way.

RedPed

Getting a bit further with my recording - worked out how to get some drums done now.

Need to re-record a bit of the guitar I'm not the best player. Enjoying it though.

What interface are you using? Need to beef up the drums a bit.

RedPed

Cheers am using Reaper - still getting used to it amazed I got drums at all :lol:

Using a Scarlett Solo interface.
Ah gotcha. I use Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio and just got a PreSonus AudioBox on eBay. Mixcraft is the shit. It's freakin' awesome.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Ah gotcha. I use Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio and just got a PreSonus AudioBox on eBay. Mixcraft is the shit. It's freakin' awesome.
Mixcraft really is the business, especially for the price. Some of the VST's are ridiculously good too.

I use Ableton quite a bit too, purely because it integrates with my synths and stuff better, but I will then arrange and mix in Mixcraft, because the VSTs and effects blow Ableton out of the water, even though Ableton is about 6x the price.

Severely underrated DAW. It usually ranks around the midpoint of the annual Top 20 DAW lists, but honestly, it should be top 5.

RedPed

Mixcraft really is the business, especially for the price. Some of the VST's are ridiculously good too.

I use Ableton quite a bit too, purely because it integrates with my synths and stuff better, but I will then arrange and mix in Mixcraft, because the VSTs and effects blow Ableton out of the water, even though Ableton is about 6x the price.

Severely underrated DAW. It usually ranks around the midpoint of the annual Top 20 DAW lists, but honestly, it should be top 5.
Completely agree. I was always old school with my synths, sequencers and drum machines etc. and had never used a DAW before until the lockdown. I'd sold all my gear (but kept my beloved Yamaha SY85) so had to use a DAW to keep me sane. I downloaded the trial of Pro Tools and just stumbled across Mixcraft at the same time. Having never used a DAW before, I couldn't get my head around Pro Tools but then Mixcraft just blew me away. It's just insane for the price.

When you see what's bundled with the Pro Studio and how Melodyne is integrated into the system and the remote control app etc., etc., I don't know how they do it. I've learned so much in the last 6 months. I absolutely love it. I'm just waiting for my PreSonus to arrive next week so that I can finally hook up my SY85.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Completely agree. I was always old school with my synths, sequencers and drum machines etc. and had never used a DAW before until the lockdown. I'd sold all my gear (but kept my beloved Yamaha SY85) so had to use a DAW to keep me sane. I downloaded the trial of Pro Tools and just stumbled across Mixcraft at the same time. Having never used a DAW before, I couldn't get my head around Pro Tools but then Mixcraft just blew me away. It's just insane for the price.

When you see what's bundled with the Pro Studio and how Melodyne is integrated into the system and the remote control app etc., etc., I don't know how they do it. I've learned so much in the last 6 months. I absolutely love it. I'm just waiting for my PreSonus to arrive next week so that I can finally hook up my SY85.
It's super great, and just so, so, easy to use. I occasionally just chance my luck at a keyboard shortcut, and half the time it works. e.g. Alt+drag duplicates a clip (pretty much the same as in Photoshop). Stumbled on that by accident. Ctrl + drag by the edge = time stretch. In other DAWs you've got to go through menus to do stuff like that.

Also, if you follow the official Mixcraft page on Facebook, one of the developers, Eric, responds to issues and queries super quickly. Amazing customer support.