Music The RedCafe "Original Songwriter's" Music Thread

Irwinwastheking

Gimpier than Alex and Feeky
Recorded this track a month back. It's a beautiful song called 'Angel Eyes' written by Willis Alan Ramsay. Wonderful musician from the 70's

http://soundcloud.com/aidan-parle/angel-eyes
Love the plucking Kinky. Great sounds to start my weekend.

Here's my latest contribution.

http://soundcloud.com/michaelwhelanmusic/the-missing-stitch

Still needs a little mixing and mastering but I'll get someone to do that for me, it does my nut in.
Excellent pops. I have the greatest of respect for anyone who can put something together and has the talent to carry it through.

Duffy

Who needs races when you're racist?
Just had a look through this thread there's some great stuff here.

Just started up a bit of a musical project myself. Was in a band for around a year but have been lazy for the past 18 months or so, so I wanted to get creative again. Started putting together some songs, using mainly PC softwear, and writing the lyrics myself.

I'm not much of a singer but luckily my best mate (lead singer of my former band) and my mrs' - both have great voices, so they are lined up to do vocals for us. Best mate and his brother (guitarist of former band) both write songs also, so we are doing it as a joint venture with the 4 of us.

Think the main thing for us is to enjoy making the music and understand that we're not a band per-se, more of a musical project. Will keep updating this thread with any progress we make and would appreciate if you guys could give us your opinions (hopefully positive) on what you hear!!

Kinky Melinky

Was working on my website yesterday just trying to tie everything in and keep things simple. I figured there was too much to it and thus it was missing the fundamental elements of keeping things basic and easy for users.

Check it out when you get the chance. Would really appreciate it if people would join the mailing list. I won't spam you! :angel:

www.AidanParle.com

Maroon Lucifer

A friend of mine is a really talented singer and guitarist, in my opinion. He has only released two songs as of yet, but what do you think?

keep in mind that English is not his first language :)

JohnLocke

He's pretty good, thought the first song was a lot better than the second.

I definitely hear worse things on the radio everyday.

Maroon Lucifer

Thanks for the feedback. Although this thread is way too quiet.

I had the honor of being in the studio with him a few days ago. A mutual friend of ours was recording a song for our local football team, and he needed voices for some chanting and screaming and he asked me, this guy and a few others. It was fun. I've never been in a recording studio before :)

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Cheers, just threw it together trying a few things.

Wouldn't mind hearing a few thoughts on the arrangement if you want to offer them, the more input the better.

Maroon Lucifer

As the song is now, the possibilities are endless :) A snare drum would be cool, open or even with brushes. And there are a few empty measures before the last (?) verse where you can do pretty much anything, even a brass section would fit in there.
I wish I knew how to fiddle with those Pro Tools type of things. Do you have some kind of studio at home?

Eyepopper

Yeah I've logic, trying to find your way around it is a nightmare but its great, you can do pretty much anything with it, if you know how!

Eyepopper

That's me, I'm sorta like a fungus. Yeah I haven't gigged in age but I used to do a good bit.

Maroon Lucifer

He'll be glad to hear it when I tell him this Irish singer songwriter hotshot thinks he's the shit ;)
I couldn't afford a gift for my girlfriend on her birthday this January, so I asked him if he could play her a few songs if I provided free alcohol for him for the evening. He agreed without hesitation, and she was well chuffed when he showed up. I have thought the world of him since then. It was a very nice gesture.

I work in a cinema, but we have facilities to put on concerts when we can fit them into the scedule. Late last year we held a concert where we invited four of the brightest up and comers in our town to play live in front of an audience. We recorded the entire concert with a brand new digital mixer. You know these that have a built in hard drive. We also invited two young camera guys to film the concert. I can't wait to see/hear the finished product.
The guy who is mixing it isnt the quickest forklift on the pier, so it isn't done yet.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Last year, I did this short-lived band called The Van Bommel (I'm a fan of his ill-timed slide tackles). Sad, bleak, droney indie-ish whatever:
thevanbommel.bandcamp.com

I also do this nasty, thrashy hardcore punk thing called PIGDOG. We released a full length last year, for free download (or pay what you want). It's coming out on vinyl in the summer. Not for the faint hearted/eared:
pigdogpigdog.bandcamp.com

Eyepopper

Nice one noods really like those latest 2 on your soundcloud.

Melbourne Red

Still hasn't given Rain Dog another chance
Supports
Liverpool

Steamroll Girl
This was a cracking track, Kinky. I've had it stuck in my head at completely random times on many occasions over the last few years. Just checked back into this thread hoping the video would still be there so I could listen to it again. Shame it's not. :)