Music The RedCafe "Original Songwriter's" Music Thread

Shark

@NotShark
I love that Stereophonics song! Double tracked vocals or was someone else singing with you on the chorus? What'd you use to record it on?

Yeah mate, I double tracked myself on the chorus to make it sound a bit more professional. I used Garageband, a Fast Track Pro and a condenser mic to record the guitar and vocals.

I'm new to home recording, but really enjoying having a mess around with it!

Kinky Melinky

In light of Miiley Cyrus making a complete arse of herself at the VMAs I was contacted by somebody suggesting I put up a load of pictures to the song Miley, off my EP

Almost 400 views in under 12 hours.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM

In light of Miiley Cyrus making a complete arse of herself at the VMAs I was contacted by somebody suggesting I put up a load of pictures to the song Miley, off my EP

Almost 400 views in under 12 hours.
Was listening to Miley the other day, nailed that one Kinky. Got the lotto numbers?

Kinky Melinky

Was listening to Miley the other day, nailed that one Kinky. Got the lotto numbers?

:lol:

Lovely post man.

She is the commercial product of a template on a conveyor belt that keeps going around and around. Most of her predecessors passed that point on the conveyor belt where they tipped the end flag; dropping into the waste bin of expired goods. She will do the same, and there is another 12 year old Miley on the way who doesn't even know it yet. The claws of the industry are ready to grab her and tempt her into their mold. I also bet one of her parents will be her manager.

And so the cycle continues. The Illuminati told me.

I just hope to feck that Cyrus doesn't have any kids.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Wow a lot of this stuff here is really good :eek: Fair play guys.

This is something I did like a year ago, almost like an extended surf kinda style intro, I've always thought I could forge a song out of it but it's never worked out. Which annoys me because I like it even if it is really simple. It just reminds me of american diners and Surf Green Strats.

https://soundcloud.com/snowjoe-1/surf-draft

Kinky Melinky

Wow a lot of this stuff here is really good :eek: Fair play guys.

This is something I did like a year ago, almost like an extended surf kinda style intro, I've always thought I could forge a song out of it but it's never worked out. Which annoys me because I like it even if it is really simple. It just reminds me of american diners and Surf Green Strats.

https://soundcloud.com/snowjoe-1/surf-draft

Tremolo in that would be lovely

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Tremolo in that would be lovely
Yeah ill give it a go when I get home. It's one of those effects I have on my amp but have never managed to get my head around. Ill have a mess when I get home though because I'm drunk and in the mood... !

Gladiator

Hey guys here's some music I did with some guys last week. our first gig hope you like

noodlehair

"It's like..."
The plan is she'll ask me who the song is about, and then I'll tell her it's about my cat that ran away, and she'll leave me alone.

Gladiator

Ahh so it is you! The twitter person. Sounding good.
Lol i thought my tweet to you about spongebob would have helped make the connection. We just got done practicing today...cover songs only go so far though..i get a bit stale when we dont do something fresh

Kinky Melinky

Word of warning fellow song writers.

Stay away from http://www.numberonemusic.com/

They are a scam, and if you have a Reverb Nation account you will get a few emails from them encouraging you to sign up for Free to their site.

The website gives you 30 days to upload a maximum of 3 songs. The website is run by bots who hack into real people's accounts and send you emails of praise about your song. The bots also vote for your song getting it pretty high up on the charts. Of course it's all total con-artistry and as soon as your ego has been fanned enough for you to go and join them for the year ($199) the emails stop. Your song plummets like a led balloon and there you have it.

I am eternally thankful that I smelled a rat after getting a ridiculous amount of emails praising my songs from a worldwide audience, and so I did some research. I also replied to a lot of these emails thanking people for their kind words. Not a single person returned my emails. We were genuinely considering joining. Sure enough others were calling these scam artists out.

So I created a phony account with a really stupid band name, made our bio up to be a total mockery and our band photo was a picture of a lamb. The band name was Leather Fury

Sure enough the same thing happened. Just a word of warning that's all. Stick to real sites like Reverb Nation where you won't get even 5% of the interest, but it's generally real

Last edited:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I'm going to post something tonight to get some opinions from you lot.

I don't play an instrument but use garageband to compose. In addition, my singing is usually jibberish and just there to represent how the proper singing would go if it was properly sung.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Kinky seems to be banned, so I feel I should take his mantle of posting songs relentlessly and then trying to force them on to people who can't really be arsed to listen to them.

Here's one I did earlier:

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I refuse to pay money for anything just so I can post clips of me playing music to people on the internet.

It is a pain in the arse though. It was too quiet so I had to convert it to MP3 then edit it and sync it back with the video again, then reformat the video...and even then it's still not very loud and there's shitloads of weird humming backround noise.

Patchbeard

I refuse to pay money for anything just so I can post clips of me playing music to people on the internet.

It is a pain in the arse though. It was too quiet so I had to convert it to MP3 then edit it and sync it back with the video again, then reformat the video...and even then it's still not very loud and there's shitloads of weird humming backround noise.
Fair enough :lol: You can get (fairly) cheap single track recorders that would eliminate the noise and the pain in the arse though!

PhilipB

got third place in a Juan Mata lookalike contest
Last week, I either ran over a sheep or ran over a

MoneyMay

Kinky seems to be banned, so I feel I should take his mantle of posting songs relentlessly and then trying to force them on to people who can't really be arsed to listen to them.

Here's one I did earlier:

Enjoyed listening to that. Nice one!

Eriku

Flipping heck, Patchbeard. I hate it when people make me feel like I'm barely fit to fret a G chord.

edit: since I'm already here, might as well post what little I've recorded since last time I posted... Here's two takes from a jam I did with a mate of mine who plays the drums. Neither of us are virtuosos, and it was recorded with my iPhone, but still turned out pretty decent. Completely improvised and done on the first takes:

2nd edit: pardon the blown up mug accompanying the mp3s.

Last edited:

noodlehair

"It's like..."
FFS we need KM back in here so I'm not the only sad bastard doing this

Anyway. I whinged about buskers always playing the same three songs today and someone challenged me to do better.

So here's me attempting/failing to:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Hello Caftards,

Wanted some opinions on this thing I'm making. Don't bother with what I'm saying. As is often the case with my posts, it's all gibberish.

Apologies in advance for the terrible and terribly large image of my depressed look.

bri2013

FFS we need KM back in here so I'm not the only sad bastard doing this

Anyway. I whinged about buskers always playing the same three songs today and someone challenged me to do better.

So here's me attempting/failing to:

great tune @noodlehair. It made me listen to the other 2 you posted. Is it all your own work?