Music The RedCafe "Original Songwriter's" Music Thread

noodlehair

"It's like..."
great tune @noodlehair. It made me listen to the other 2 you posted. Is it all your own work?
Cheers. Yeah. I sometimes just sit and make stuff up when I'm bored, but don't really do too much with it other than occasional open mic nights...and one time when I was drunk and borrowed a busker's guitar.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Hello Caftards,

Wanted some opinions on this thing I'm making. Don't bother with what I'm saying. As is often the case with my posts, it's all gibberish.

Apologies in advance for the terrible and terribly large image of my depressed look.

Wouldn't mind negative feedback either on this. I thought this thread would be more active than this.

Brown Toothpick

Supports
FC Barcelona
Listened to half of it. Quite good really. I actually just started using Garageband, so this is inspiring. Cheers.

Amethyst

It's banter lads, inn't?
Something I've quickly thrown together for anyone who's a fan of The Wire and/or hip-hop, feel free to d/l in the YT description:

Patchbeard

Making some faces practicing some new old busking tunes with a looper amp. Probably should record on a higher quality video setting next time.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Some voice on him.

Here's my stuff, band are Manc and London based, there's loads of us - both things are a shame cos we only get to stuff very intermittently. I play the guitars that are squiffy. https://soundcloud.com/seasblack
Getting a little bit of Nick Cave's atmosphere here which is a trip and your stuff sounds more heavy so it's an instant like. That specific sound of guitar pretty much defines the name of the band to me but it may of course mean something completely different.

Exactly the type of music I would listen to chill or drink myself away. Both songs catchy as feck. That guy's vocals seem to just fit exactly into this underwater psychedelia. Everything is sailing, shame you didn't hit me with this on a start of the weekend. Would definitely mix it with some rum and blaze of smoke but what goes around, comes around.

Parry Gallister

Getting a little bit of Nick Cave's atmosphere here which is a trip and your stuff sounds more heavy so it's an instant like. That specific sound of guitar pretty much defines the name of the band to me but it may of course mean something completely different.

Exactly the type of music I would listen to chill or drink myself away. Both songs catchy as feck. That guy's vocals seem to just fit exactly into this underwater psychedelia. Everything is sailing, shame you didn't hit me with this on a start of the weekend. Would definitely mix it with some rum and blaze of smoke but what goes around, comes around.
Hah, excellent, thanks man.

izzydiggler

Usually a metal/hard rock guitar player but thought I'd mess around doing a short 'pop' progression demo...not at all polished or finished etc but:

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
I like to think of this one as an Ibiza club-night out but in say Carthage or Rome, or some such idiotic shit. I apologise in advance:

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Fabulous original talent here in the Caf. I'll contribute one of these days.

Adzzz

Staff
Not exactly an 'original songwriters' work, so apologies, but it is none-the-less an original remix if anyone likes that sort of thing. It gets a bit trippy though I guess.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I'm stuck in a rut and it's annoying me because I won't have free time like this to make stuff.

Basically, I feel a lack of satisfaction with most things I create. I've got tunes and tunes that have stacked up over years but find some way to dislike them. Most probably aren't great anyway, but like with the music I listen to, I
have very specific choices and it makes it very hard to "pass" something. As this is something I do out of it being something I love doing, it becoming a pain is not ideal.

Anyone ideas/opinions would be helpful.

Adzzz

Staff
I'm stuck in a rut and it's annoying me because I won't have free time like this to make stuff.

Basically, I feel a lack of satisfaction with most things I create. I've got tunes and tunes that have stacked up over years but find some way to dislike them. Most probably aren't great anyway, but like with the music I listen to, I
have very specific choices and it makes it very hard to "pass" something. As this is something I do out of it being something I love doing, it becoming a pain is not ideal.

Anyone ideas/opinions would be helpful.
Sorry to have missed this for so long, I feel exactly like you do at times, we're all human and it's very easy to second guess yourself and feel low in confidence about your creations. Sometimes you just gotta bite the bullet and release the material in whichever way you want and get it off your chest. Or, PM it to someone, I'm always open to music and will give you a second opinion.