The right United forward/striker signing

settembrini

The player United need most right now is the same one they have needed for year after year, manager after manager. An actual right winger. It's ludicrous how long we have gone with just makeshift options in that position.

If we genuinely didn't buy one last summer because we were waiting for Sancho, an idea I have seen in many posts and articles, then that's one of the biggest transfer blunders we have ever made.

romufc

Let’s just go mental and sign Kane, Maddison, Sancho and Rice.
I’d prefer Neymar.
Ideally speaking

RW: Sancho
AM: Maddison
FW: Haaland
Is there a point having a thread like this when fans are going to name unrealistic targets?

The likes of Sancho, Maddison, Kane will look at Manutd think you finished bottom half, have a crap manager, have a boring style of football, why should I join you just to get abuse from fans when they dont score goals?

We need to be realistic, we can probably get players like Ziyesh, Fraser etc but this is the time now for our scouts to come good.

We will not be able to attract ready made talent, so we need to find the one below who in a few years would be title challengers.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
It depends what we want. If we believe that Martial can play as a striker, that Rashy isn't as shit as he is currently showing and that Greenwood is not all hype them we can get away with it cheaply with fraser and mertens. Both are heading towards the end of their contract and should be dead cheap

lon ball2

One of the problems is Ole talks about three being enough but when fit Rashford and Martial are always on the pitch, so one back up isn't enough. The club is already relying too much on James and that's not good for him

jamesjimmybyrondean

Samuel Chukwueze for RW absolute fecking baller... Eager to take on players. He bossed both Madrid and Barca's defense and I'm sure he wouldn't cost much.

GlasgowCeltic

The strikers at Bournemouth are probably the best you’re gonna get in Jan without CL, Wilson or the Norwegian, won’t be cheap though

UpWithRivers

We can recall Sanchez? Who else could we get in Jan. Unless Martial or Rashford or even Greenwood start scoring and keep fit, we may have no choice.

Mark Pawelek

We should go all out for Son
Son Heung-Min - Contract expires: 2023. Spurs would probably demand £100m. If not more! After all - Barca paid more for Coutinho.
Faser + Mertens - Contracts expire: 2020. May be able to get both for about £25m in total. [PS: Mertens is 32]

So no. Star signings don't fix a broken team.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
Son Heung-Min - Contract expires: 2023. Spurs would probably demand £100m. If not more! After all - Barca paid more for Coutinho.
Faser + Mertens - Contracts expire: 2020. May be able to get both for about £25m in total. [PS: Mertens is 32]

So no. Star signings don't fix a broken team.
College boy eh

Sea-Cow

College boy eh
Hahaha

I've said it multiple times on here so I apologize for the dead horse, and I know it will never happen so its rather pointless, but I would go for Miguel Almiron from Newcastle. He would be a perfect fit at right wing.

I know his stats are shocking, but I think he would instantly and drastically improve us. He is quick, hard-working, and can beat a man. I would also be willing to bet that his free-kicks are a million miles better than Ashley's.

Maybe in a team that isn't defending so much every week (which happens unless Newcastle is playing us, of course...) he could do more damage.

L1nk

The "forward" in this mould was available in the summer before he signed a new contract, and that's Timo Werner.

Sea-Cow

For a true number 9 signing in January, I would go with the Serbian bloke at Fulham.

I've always liked him, and he is way better than our current options as an actual striker, including Martial. Plus he would certainly be attainable in January and wouldn't break the bank.

But he's big, young, and I've always thought he was pretty decent. He would at least be able to hold the ball up when we punt it forward. He is also a bit of a nutter, which is cool.

riis

Supports
Liverpool
Would Teemu Pukki be an option to seriously consider? Seems like a smart player who often makes the right decision, good finisher, good team player and very good movement (albeit not the quickest). Might be expensive with nearly three years left on his contract though.

Of the three mentioned in the video earlier I think Moussa Dembele and Timo Werner would be the best options. Both with good scoring rates, while Ousmane Dembele's numbers suggests he's more of a creator.

Johan07

We can recall Sanchez? Who else could we get in Jan. Unless Martial or Rashford or even Greenwood start scoring and keep fit, we may have no choice.
I really hope that the PL changes the rules when it comes to the transfer window. And does it soon. Fact is that Sanchez is on wages that - if cut - would enable us to bring in two new players. Talented young ones as well hopefully. Transfer fees are not important here. Its a wage thing.
If we get stuck in the same situation as this summer with no one being able to / or want to get Sanchez off our books it will severerly limit what we can do in the transfer market. To defer from main European transfer windows is probably one of the worse decisions ever.

Jezpeza

There are some good players in the Bundesliga:

Werner at Red Bull Leipzig
Sancho obviously
Kai Havertz

havertz and werner are attainable from prospective clubs though probably very expensive. Sancho im not sure and would be north of 100m. Think He was sold for 7. Scouting is everything

Jibbs

I think Victor Osimhen, along with Erling Braut Håland, will be among the best strikers in the world in few years' time. Especially Osimhen, the guy is absolutely brilliant. We need to keep tabs on him and sign him if we possibly could in the summers. He has all the attributes of a perfect striker, reminded me a bit of Eto.

AndersB

Hahaha

I've said it multiple times on here so I apologize for the dead horse, and I know it will never happen so its rather pointless, but I would go for Miguel Almiron from Newcastle. He would be a perfect fit at right wing.

I know his stats are shocking, but I think he would instantly and drastically improve us. He is quick, hard-working, and can beat a man. I would also be willing to bet that his free-kicks are a million miles better than Ashley's.

Maybe in a team that isn't defending so much every week (which happens unless Newcastle is playing us, of course...) he could do more damage.
I am still looking for the white text here. There is some, right?

Zlatattack

Honestly, i'd like to see Fraser, Zaha and Wilson. Zaha will be tricky to get but if he's up for a challenge and the club promise to look after him this time round, we've got a great players for the right side of our attack. Fraser is also a decent creative player, he like Zaha can play either side and this is his opportunity for a big move. Wilson is a decent striker, won't win you a championship, but will win you matches. Then in the summer move for Haaland and address the midfield problems.

Noc-Z

ffs
Fraser - Werner - Sancho

Sancho is a pipe dream, can't imagine why he would come here in our present state. But, if by some miracle we get Champions League football I'd love to see the strike-force above.

Apokalips

Honestly, i'd like to see Fraser, Zaha and Wilson. Zaha will be tricky to get but if he's up for a challenge and the club promise to look after him this time round, we've got a great players for the right side of our attack. Fraser is also a decent creative player, he like Zaha can play either side and this is his opportunity for a big move. Wilson is a decent striker, won't win you a championship, but will win you matches. Then in the summer move for Haaland and address the midfield problems.
Settling for mid table if those are our signings. Zaha is not worth the money he'd cost. Fraser is often seen as defensively negligent enough for Bournemouth imagine the stick he'd get here. Wilson would probably be good if we had a world class striker already and he was filling out a spot like the good old days of 3/4 very good to excellent forwards.

Jezpeza

Settling for mid table if those are our signings. Zaha is not worth the money he'd cost. Fraser is often seen as defensively negligent enough for Bournemouth imagine the stick he'd get here. Wilson would probably be good if we had a world class striker already and he was filling out a spot like the good old days of 3/4 very good to excellent forwards.
cole yorke solskjaer and sheringham. Great days

Noc-Z

ffs
LW- James, Fraser
St - martial, rashford
Rw - new signing, greenwood.

Bye, bye mata and lingard.
No way can we continue with Rashford and Martial as our ST options. They don't have goals in them. Rashford isn't good enough and Martial doesn't have the drive and determination.

Sea-Cow

Haha keep looking mate!

I swear that the guy is brilliant and would be so good for us as a right winger. He could slot in right away and would instantly, drastically improve the side.

And he is actually realistic, instead of most of the names that get mentioned.

BlueHaze

There are some good players in the Bundesliga:

Werner at Red Bull Leipzig
Sancho obviously
Kai Havertz

havertz and werner are attainable from prospective clubs though probably very expensive. Sancho im not sure and would be north of 100m. Think He was sold for 7. Scouting is everything
Given our current situation, even if we offered the money for all those 3 I would find it very likely that neither of them would want to come. But yeah, those are 3 fantastic players you mentioned and they will be wanted by many clubs next summer. I could see both Werner and Havertz ending up at Bayern actually and Sancho to Chelsea if they make top 4 which I think they will.

Jezpeza

Given our current situation, even if we offered the money for all those 3 I would find it very likely that neither of them would want to come. But yeah, those are 3 fantastic players you mentioned and they will be wanted by many clubs next summer. I could see both Werner and Havertz ending up at Bayern actually and Sancho to Chelsea if they make top 4 which I think they will.
I find Sancho least likely yes and also he’s the one as a fan I’d want most. The other two are attainable - RB Leipzig and Bayer Leverkusen to us is still a step up, but Bayern always have first dibs on the best Bundesliga players.

BlueHaze

I find Sancho least likely yes and also he’s the one as a fan I’d want most. The other two are attainable - RB Leipzig and Bayer Leverkusen to us is still a step up, but Bayern always have first dibs on the best Bundesliga players.
I think most of us out there want Sancho to come here really badly especially with him being a RW and us not having a proper one for what feels like a decade now.. Havertz is an insane talent that just like Sancho will be enquired about by the top clubs out there. These 3 you mentioned are the exact type of signings I would have done everything in my power to get had I been working at the club but realistically speaking they are all fantasy signings to me at this point.

I'd bet 100£ we won't go for neither.

Jezpeza

I think most of us out there want Sancho to come here really badly especially with him being a RW and us not having a proper one for what feels like a decade now.. Havertz is an insane talent that just like Sancho will be enquired about by the top clubs out there. These 3 you mentioned are the exact type of signings I would have done everything in my power to get had I been working at the club but realistically speaking they are all fantasy signings to me at this point.

I'd bet 100£ we won't go for neither.
could have had odriozola, lenglet and malcom for a combined 100m the other summer. We never go for players like that. Why would you when you can keep young Mata and jones

NoPace

It's insanity. Almiron will start scoring every 10th game or so because of regression to the mean, but outside of MLS, for club and country including youth levels he's at 13 goals in 133 games as an attacking player and at that rate you have to be Mesut Ozil in terms of playmaking, and he ain't. Works hard and does useful things, but it took 5 minutes of watching St Maximin run with the ball before every Newcastle fan would have made their choice for which winger/AM they see as nailed on to start.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Sauce? I don't think that much of him tbh but for £26m it would be a no brainer.
You can type it in google Timo Werner release clause. Last summer, He was destined to leave for cheap due to contract was about to expired but they couldn’t get agreement with Bayern. So my speculation is that they extended his contract but with low release clause to prevent him go for free and at the same time won’t blocking his move.

Scholsey2004

MEN (I know, don't laugh) are linking us with piatek at AC Milan. He looks a good player. Lewandowski/Kane type centre forward.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Based on Ole's own words:

"When you get players in, you need the right ones that are going to stay here for a long period of time and that's the long-term thinking we have to show.

"There were strikers available but not the ones we wanted. We couldn't get the one we wanted (in the summer)."

So our next striker should have this criteria:
- 18-26 years old
- High workrate
- High stamina
- Incredible fitness
- Possibly British
- High technical ability

Who is in that category?
Why is this important ?