The right United forward/striker signing

Hawks2008

I’ll take Timo Werner in January. His release clause is £26m.
Absolutely would be good business, nearly 60 goals in his last 3 seasons at Leipzig and has 7 already this season and at 23 still has room to grow. As you say, his price is insanely low for a player of his quality and we should be all over him. Unfortunately Ole will probably want Wilson for double the price because of pashun or something...

redshaw

Is Werner realistic? I'd prefer him over Moussa Dembele but he's got CL football, and a highly rated manager. They have something good going at Leipzig and are probably looking to bigger German clubs.

I'd love us to get a decent striker for reasonable money. We have to stop with this 80m per player and find them beforehand. This crap with Rice for 80m, Leicester players 80-90m each is ridiculous. You can't rebuild like that, 300m is gone too quickly and should even today get you decent players who are up and coming if you have scouts to see them like every other club seems to.

ManchesterYoda

What we need is a LEFT FOOTED RIGHT SIDED ATTACKING PLAYER. What we don't need is to add to our collection of right footed left sided attacking players.
Solskjaer STUPIDLY signed yet another right footed left sided attacking player and I honestly believe he will STUPIDLY sign yet another in January if we don't get rid of him before then. This is the no.1 priority, always has been, always will be.

Bestietom

What we need is a LEFT FOOTED RIGHT SIDED ATTACKING PLAYER. What we don't need is to add to our collection of right footed left sided attacking players.
Solskjaer STUPIDLY signed yet another right footed left sided attacking player and I honestly believe he will STUPIDLY sign yet another in January if we don't get rid of him before then. This is the no.1 priority, always has been, always will be.
If I was looking for a CF I would be looking at one who can use both feet. Kane can use both, and Greenwood also. They don't know which is the better foot. Professional footballers should be good with both feet.

Last edited:

Jaqen H'ghar

I can't drive...55
My friend has been raving about him for 2 years now. Never seen him play myself.
I've scouted Samuel Chukwueze extensively (6min 17sec on you tube, after hearing about him from your post). Would definitely improve us. We should take a punt.

meamth

I've scouted Samuel Chukwueze extensively (6min 17sec on you tube, after hearing about him from your post). Would definitely improve us. We should take a punt.
Not enough scouting. :lol:

Work harder mate.

Scout his background (google search)
Scout his injury history (transfermarkt)
Find him in FM, compare to real life.
Find his record in youth teams.

Jaqen H'ghar

I can't drive...55
Not enough scouting. :lol:

Work harder mate.

Scout his background (google search)
Scout his injury history (transfermarkt)
Find him in FM, compare to real life.
Find his record in youth teams.
Seriously? This scouting gig is a lot harder than I reckoned. I'm not cut out for this.

This is me officially giving my 2 weeks notice.

Sea-Cow

It's insanity. Almiron will start scoring every 10th game or so because of regression to the mean, but outside of MLS, for club and country including youth levels he's at 13 goals in 133 games as an attacking player and at that rate you have to be Mesut Ozil in terms of playmaking, and he ain't. Works hard and does useful things, but it took 5 minutes of watching St Maximin run with the ball before every Newcastle fan would have made their choice for which winger/AM they see as nailed on to start.
Yeah that doesn't make for good reading, and I was not aware it was that bleak. But 22 goals in 70 in the MLS is not bad and shouldn't be excluded just because the league is crap.

I just like what I see the few times I've watched him and still think, despite the eye-opening stats, that he would instantly improve us and could instantly start as a right-winger. I refuse to believe that he would not be better there for us than Pereira and Lingard. I also thought that St Maximin was more of a Daniel James like player and he would struggle if he didn't have space to run into. He just seemed like a tornado running with his head down every time he got the ball. Almiron has class!

As an added bonus we could actually sign him, unlike the majority of names mentioned here who would never join mid-table dross multiple spots outside the Europa League.

fps

If I was looking for a CF I would be looking at one who can use both feet. Kane can use both, and Greenwood also. They don't know which is the better foot. Professional footballers should be good with both feet.
Kane and Greenwood in the same sentence. Good lord.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Kane and Greenwood in the same sentence. Good lord.
Good point pal, Kane was still eating crayons at 17. Greenwood is already a first teamer!

sideshow_bob

Supports
Healthy nutrition
How about Aleksandr Mitrovic?

Can play the target man, great in the air, feisty. Younger than Mandzukic. Familiar with the prem.

Should be available in January & for a decent fee.

Sea-Cow

Can play the target man, great in the air, feisty. Younger than Mandzukic. Familiar with the prem.

He makes too much sense, so it will never happen. I would love it though. We could always use a few more nutters.

Thoms

Supports
Ajax
If we’re smart we buy Donyell Malen. Won’t be cheap but one of the biggest prospects.

I would be happy with Werner as well!

NoPace

Yeah that doesn't make for good reading, and I was not aware it was that bleak. But 22 goals in 70 in the MLS is not bad and shouldn't be excluded just because the league is crap.

I just like what I see the few times I've watched him and still think, despite the eye-opening stats, that he would instantly improve us and could instantly start as a right-winger. I refuse to believe that he would not be better there for us than Pereira and Lingard. I also thought that St Maximin was more of a Daniel James like player and he would struggle if he didn't have space to run into. He just seemed like a tornado running with his head down every time he got the ball. Almiron has class!

As an added bonus we could actually sign him, unlike the majority of names mentioned here who would never join mid-table dross multiple spots outside the Europa League.
I excluded it to strengthen my argument, it's totally fair to include it since I included other crap leagues, though to be fair he doesn't ever really look like scoring for Newcastle. Sort of the new Ayoze Perez, playing reasonably well every week and working his ass off but in a toothless sort of way.

I think a player like Almiron is probably best used in a midfield 3 these days rather than on the right, and I'm not sure the Prem is the best league for that and I really don't think we're the team to use him well.

He's definitely better at keeping the ball than Pereira and better at making a final pass than Lingard, but I'm not sure he's any better than Gomes and is similarly waifish. If Gomes was playing every game at Newcastle I think he'd probably be as impactful as a RW/10 in their 5-4-1, bit more threat going forward and bit less contribution with running and defensive intelligence.

NoPace

I could definitely see the logic in selling Martial somewhere for a massive fee (or a swap for a midfielder or RW from a team needing one, like Rabiot + Cash from Juventus or maybe ), buying Mitrovic or another target man type for half the money and using the rest of the money to strengthen the midfield and RW, and we'd have James at LW, Mitrovic as a 9 and Rashford able to play either position and Greenwood the 3rd #9 and the backup RW to the new starter we need.

My guess is the Dembele from Lyon rumours are based around this sort of idea, that we need a physical 9 who can score against teams sitting deep and Rashford can either be the LW or start as the 9 when we want pace against higher lines (with James also fast as our LW or even playing all 3 with one of James or Rashford out right).

Red_Orchestra

I think Haaland should be our top priority striker signing if we were to sign a striker, no questions asked. 80m for Mousa Dembele is kind of silly, I'd rather splash that amount towards Haaland any day of the week.

Sea-Cow

I excluded it to strengthen my argument, it's totally fair to include it since I included other crap leagues, though to be fair he doesn't ever really look like scoring for Newcastle. Sort of the new Ayoze Perez, playing reasonably well every week and working his ass off but in a toothless sort of way.

I think a player like Almiron is probably best used in a midfield 3 these days rather than on the right, and I'm not sure the Prem is the best league for that and I really don't think we're the team to use him well.

He's definitely better at keeping the ball than Pereira and better at making a final pass than Lingard, but I'm not sure he's any better than Gomes and is similarly waifish. If Gomes was playing every game at Newcastle I think he'd probably be as impactful as a RW/10 in their 5-4-1, bit more threat going forward and bit less contribution with running and defensive intelligence.
I disagree strongly, but its all speculative and guesses anyway.

I just don't think Gomes has the athleticism required to be a success, and I am giving up on all of our youth until shown otherwise.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
@JPRouve

Is mbappe still doing well? He isn't being talked as much or is it simply that the lad is consistent and there is nothing much to talk about?

Who are the right sided forwards doing well in France or France national team at the moment?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
@JPRouve

Is mbappe still doing well? He isn't being talked as much or is it simply that the lad is consistent and there is nothing much to talk about?

Who are the right sided forwards doing well in France or France national team at the moment?
Mbappé is great but he has been mainly injured this season. As for french right sided forwards there is only Coman and Ikoné that are worth mentioning, the former is probably impossible to buy and the latter should be a target for most big clubs, he has a good technique and is very shifty, he also did very well for France in September.

Edit: But Ikoné is left footed, so he may not be a good fit if we are look at genuine wingers.

Last edited:

Sir Scott McToMinay

Depends who will be the manager and what would be the direction he wants to take the team.
Right now, I don’t see even Messi making much of a difference in this team, I really don’t.

VanGaalyTime

Mbappé is great but he has been mainly injured this season. As for french right sided forwards there is only Coman and Ikoné that are worth mentioning, the former is probably impossible to buy and the latter should be a target for most big clubs, he has a good technique and is very shifty, he also did very well for France in September.

Edit: But Ikoné is left footed, so he may not be a good fit if we are look at genuine wingers.
If we are looking at wingers there are so many options - particularly left footed right wingers. I'd try someone like Niklas Eliasson from Bristol City. He's got great pace, can shoot, and his whipped in crosses are brilliant. He'd also be available for less than 10m in January.

Luke1995

Don't know if you guys saw Everton in the Copa America but the guy has pace, can dribble, can score goals and has good link-up play

NoPace

I disagree strongly, but its all speculative and guesses anyway.

I just don't think Gomes has the athleticism required to be a success, and I am giving up on all of our youth until shown otherwise.
You might be right about Gomes, but I can't see Greenwood failing just so 2 footed that he can get his shot off more often than most guys and generating shots is basically the whole game for strikers apart from a few exceptions.

Johan07

If we are looking at wingers there are so many options - particularly left footed right wingers. I'd try someone like Niklas Eliasson from Bristol City. He's got great pace, can shoot, and his whipped in crosses are brilliant. He'd also be available for less than 10m in January.
Yeah, lets buy a 24-year old that cant get into our completely shitty Swedish national team (player-wise that is, we actually manage to do quite well as a team) at that age. Playing for a Championship team. Brilliant idea.

Last edited:

Sea-Cow

You might be right about Gomes, but I can't see Greenwood failing just so 2 footed that he can get his shot off more often than most guys and generating shots is basically the whole game for strikers apart from a few exceptions.
I hope you're right, but he just isn't ready right now. He has time to develop physically, but right now he too often looks like a kid amongst men. Which, to be fair, he is! But then he shouldn't be playing against men when he isn't a Rooney-ish man-child.

That is slightly off-topic, but my point is that I really want the club to stop using the youth as the excuse for not making signings. For example, not signing a 25 year old right winger who can come in and help instantly, due to the hope that Gomes could possibly do the same in the future.

I am just frustrated with this fantasy that we will unearth some heavenly crop of "Class of 92 the Sequel" that will swoop in and save the club. We all overrate our youth to an incredible degree, myself included.

Except for that new French lad Hannibal, he's going to be fing great and will be our Cesc!!

Jericholyte2

Surely someone like Ziyech would be great to play RW from Jan to end of season the go all out for Sancho, with Ziyech moving to no. 10?

tob

Why not sign a striker from a "lower" Premier League team? Someone that is a first choice at that team, but not a clear starter for us.
An Alan Smith type of signing. Like a Chris Wood, Joshua King, Richarlison or Raul Jiménez.

I do like the look of Håland though. True power forward.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
If you don't get Lautaro Martinez we will and you'll regret it.

Suvvernmanc

Looking at the balance of our players, we massively need creative midfielder and winger. Someone who is technically very good and can keep possession in tight areas, and is capable of dribbling at pace through the lines. A Mason Mount or Maddison type player for the midfield and Sancho for the right. We currently only have Martial and possibly Rashford. Rashford is more of a 'push and run' type player or someone that makes runs in behind.

Adding a couple of players of that mold is imperative to add the squad I think. A striker is not as important as these positions