The right United forward/striker signing

BlueHaze

Piatek

Was incredible before a nightmare year at AC Milan, Milan open to selling him in January. I don't see a striker with more potential anywhere than him.

Proper number 9 that gives us something we don't have at the moment. I predict if we don't sign him then we'll want him within a year or two for £90m.

Sign Piatek, Bruno Fernandes and a left back. All doable in January and play happily ever after.
Would be a gamble though. If we got in form Piatek then absolutely but what if we get the current one. He's been mediocre although Milan is absolute shit so it's hard to blame him. Werner is my 1st choice but depending on what Milan demands for Piatek he'd be a good option. Wonder how many would want Pogba swapped for Ödegaard and Jovic.

leges

Odsonne Édouard

Now that Haaland is gone, Édouard is my 2nd choice. He is a team player, not selfish , has a good shot and is still 21 years old.
Of course i will always regret Haaland who is world class. Also Martial and Greenwood are strikers who started as wingers and we need a true striker.

beingshe7don

Odsonne Édouard

Now that Haaland is gone, Édouard is my 2nd choice. He is a team player, not selfish , has a good shot and is still 21 years old.
Of course i will always regret Haaland who is world class. Also Martial and Greenwood are strikers who started as wingers and we need a true striker.
Leicester are looking to team up Edouard and Brendon Rogers again. Werner is my first choice and Edouard would be my second.

SparkedIntoLife

Part of me feels we need a more physical/target man option up front. However, there's not many good ones available, it seems. Maybe someone could come out of left field like Jean-Philippe Mateta, Habib Diallo or Myron Boadu.

I'm starting to think, though, that it might be best just to sign Ziyech for the right wing to provide lots of creativity. Have Greenwood back up Martial centrally and play Rashford down the middle if they aren't available.

A front four of Bruno Fernandes (AM), Ziyech (RW), Rashford (LW) and Martial (ST) looks uber productive to me.

Machine Elements

For the striker position we don’t need another youngster imo. We need a mix of young & experienced players. Our squad is too young and inexperienced as it is.

With Greenwood we have a young forward whose ceiling is higher than most of the young talents out there anyway. Martial is both at a good age and also have very good experience at the top level. So the striker we sign imo, should be a player who’s gonna make an impact instantly (not some kid we wait for his development to deliver) and be ok with sitting on the bench at times maybe as Martial is no 1 and a very capable striker now.

Edinson Cavani looks a very good option imo. Out of contract in the summer so won’t cost a fortune (at least in transfer fee), have very good experience at the top level, great scoring record in both Serie A & Ligue 1 (PSG’s all time top scorer I think), at the right age imo, don’t know much about his injury record but he was playing as a regular until last season, never heard a bad thing about his attitude or personality etc. and can also play as a wide forward too. He’s the right profile for our squad imo.

tjb

With a proper attacking midfielder it means that we do not need Martial to come as deep and take on as many duties as he has. Plus this allows Greenwood to eventually take over from Martial if he is deemed the wrong fit/or Greenwood progresses past his level. James is a good player and can play both on the right and on the left, but he is not yet good enough to provide the consistent quality that a team like utd should have. We should get a right winger that can support this need in the summer. if possible Sancho, if not, someone with that type of potential ability. Rashford is a lock for the left forward position and this suits him far more than anything. Bruno coming in means that Rashford will be tasked with far less creative responsibilities ( which he has proved unsuccessful in) and can focus on his, forward runs goalscoring and constant direct attacks ( where he is good). A front 4( with Bruno in it), would meant that if we keep Pogba, we would have creativity coming from two seperate midfield sources and allow mctominay to focus on his destroyer role. If Pogba decides to leave, we can afford to sign a player with better defensive and positional capabalities, willing to accept his role deep in midfield.

Machine Elements

For the striker position we don’t need another youngster imo. We need a mix of young & experienced players. Our squad is too young and inexperienced as it is.

With Greenwood we have a young forward whose ceiling is higher than most of the young talents out there anyway. Martial is both at a good age and also have very good experience at the top level. So the striker we sign imo, should be a player who’s gonna make an impact instantly (not some kid we wait for his development to deliver) and be ok with sitting on the bench at times maybe as Martial is no 1 and a very capable striker now.

Edinson Cavani looks a very good option imo. Out of contract in the summer so won’t cost a fortune (at least in transfer fee), have very good experience at the top level, great scoring record in both Serie A & Ligue 1 (PSG’s all time top scorer I think), at the right age imo, don’t know much about his injury record but he was playing as a regular until last season, never heard a bad thing about his attitude or personality etc. and can also play as a wide forward too. He’s the right profile for our squad imo.
I stand by what i said here. Both Greenwood & Martial are great for now & the future and if we want to buy another striker to add bodies or competition in that department, it should be someone with experience. Not a young talent. I'm glad Haaland didn't come here. Greenwood will become a star for us.

Macedonian Red

I stand by what i said here. Both Greenwood & Martial are great for now & the future and if we want to buy another striker to add bodies or competition in that department, it should be someone with experience. Not a young talent. I'm glad Haaland didn't come here. Greenwood will become a star for us.
I agree. Aubameyang contract expierd 2021 so if he dont sign new contract Arsenal will sell him. If there is a chance we should take it.

croadyman

I agree. Aubameyang contract expierd 2021 so if he dont sign new contract Arsenal will sell him. If there is a chance we should take it.
Think it is highly unlikely that Arsenal would sell within the premier league again

jackal&hyde

Someone that is strong and good at holding the ball with a good eye for goal and would not mind not playing every week and would not be more then 40-50mil. Have no idea who that is. Decent but not great strikers seem to be worth 70-80 mil going by the press and there seems to be a shortage of genuinely great prospects out there.

I would go for Cavani. Free agent, offers something different then Martial, will score a few for sure. In 2 years replaced by Mason.