The Saudi Takeover Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddaz71

Text Speak
No no no no lets stay as we are down in 8th extending the contracts of Young, Valencia, Jones etc, lets hand over our hard earned cash to the Glazers to line their own pockets and deny our mgr further funding and watch the likes of Liverpool threaten to overhaul our title record while fast becoming the 2nd club in Mcr, yes lets stay as we are slipping further and further away into debt ridden mediocrity.......

Vadim

I do wonder if the Glazers held back on spending major cash on players in the summer because of a potential buyer?

Neo_Mufc

Makes no sense to sell now. Football as a whole has become a cash cow.

I just see the club growing more. I think they can squeeze another billion out of us.

Tarrou

I just see the club growing more. I think they can squeeze another billion out of us.
It does if someone offers you 2x market value

Adnan

Talent Spotter
This Paul fella is followed by Gab Marcotti and Raphael Honigstein. Two very well respected Journos.

Dumbat12

I don't care. It's not like the club wasn't already sold to a pack of vultures a long time ago.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
October 2017. Why would the Glazers keep flying over there to meet when this happened over a year ago?

There’s too much smoke to be no fire with this now. So many different sources are saying that the Saudis want to invest in Utd.

Matter of when and not if I think.
This is what concerns me most of all.

Avram Glazer wouldn't be present in such a meeting unless it was directly related to the sale of the club - you would have thought. If they were merely discussing sponsorship agreements, existing or otherwise, or some arbitrary PR scheme, surely Ed would be present and in full control.

Vadim

This is what concerns me most of all.

Avram Glazer wouldn't be present in such a meeting unless it was directly related to the sale of the club - you would have thought. If they were merely discussing sponsorship agreements, existing or otherwise, surely Ed would be present and in full control.
Exactly. The Glazers are discussing a potential sale, this isn’t even news over in Saudi anymore, it’s common knowledge.

CA1

The Saudi's can use United as a commercial vehicle without owning us. They just invest in the club and use the benefits of the partnership.

Saudi's happy at commercial exposure
Glazer's happy at increased value and profits of the club they own
Fans happy as more £££ for the club to spend on football (in theory- although the distribution and usage of the money would still be down to the Glazer family so wouldn't be so liberal as say City or PSG)

spwd

Probably nothing to do with this but how long has that anti slavery statement been on the club website?

Bojan11

Agree with a few others.

If it was just a mere sponsorship deal then the Glazers have no reason to be there. They clearly want to sell out.

vangagal

Manchester United. The Red Devils happen soon to be owned by some of the biggest devil on Earth atm. Seems only iust fitting.

CA1

Agree with a few others.

If it was just a mere sponsorship deal then the Glazers have no reason to be there. They clearly want to sell out.
They would be present for a partnership

Red00012

Apparently it’s to broker a sponsorship deal for the Saudi’s pink scarf on his head to match our pink kit

arthurka

I'll get a lot of stick for this comment, but if this were Liverpool, I'd be jumping for joy, despite having good owners already.

It's oil money, it's tainted, it comes at the cost of lives, etc... Well, so does pretty much every luxury item you own. Your clothes are made in sweatshops, your electronics are manufactured in a place where suicide nets are put up in place of improvements to basic living standards... Why the selective conscience on this? Or is it just the idea of having to listen to City fans lambast you for what you've given them stick over for the past decade?

You're already owned by foreigners anyway, so it's not like you're losing much there in terms of sticking to the core of who you are. I'd take the better football over any sort of moral high ground, as I already gave up that high ground with the stuff I own anyway.
With the filthy rich already drained all from 90% of the worlds resources and already started taking whats left of the 10% or the so called middle class, we might as well enjoy it while we can.

Spoony

The People's President

Makes total sense, they'll probably make £3.5b profit, the Chancers didn't spend much of their own money to buy the club... But years later they'll have made obscene amounts. Folk should have fallen out of love with the game back then...Fergie kept me sane to be fair...sadly he moved on and we are not the same club anymore. We could spend triple City amounts via the Saudis and play great football but it won't bring back the feeling I had for the game. A potential Saudi take over won't change how many feel - that ship sailed ages ago.

Last edited:

TsuWave

at this point, i'm willing to cut a deal with the devil so United becomes a force again, and stops getting embarrassed

stevoc

I'll get a lot of stick for this comment, but if this were Liverpool, I'd be jumping for joy, despite having good owners already.

It's oil money, it's tainted, it comes at the cost of lives, etc... Well, so does pretty much every luxury item you own. Your clothes are made in sweatshops, your electronics are manufactured in a place where suicide nets are put up in place of improvements to basic living standards... Why the selective conscience on this? Or is it just the idea of having to listen to City fans lambast you for what you've given them stick over for the past decade?

You're already owned by foreigners anyway, so it's not like you're losing much there in terms of sticking to the core of who you are. I'd take the better football over any sort of moral high ground, as I already gave up that high ground with the stuff I own anyway.
I don't know about you getting stick, but i do think it's a bit of a sad way to look at the world mate. If everyone thought like that no one would ever work to change things for the better or oppose something that they thought was wrong.

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
We're already a sell-out club, a plastic model vaguely resembling what used to be the most respected team in the world.

...nevertheless, I hope this doesn't happen.

Jagga7

They run such a sickening regime but as long as they buy us new toys it's ok?

feck them and this club if they sell to them.

marktan

I think a lot of the moral pontificating over the Saudis boils down to pride really. Would any of us really not trade Man City's success over the last 6 years for ours, if we were able to rebrand it under our name? Would anyone really say no to potentially signing the Neymar's, Mbappes of this world the way PSG have done?

Yeah we'd lose the ability to say 'we built our own success', but at least we'd be able to compete with the financially doped monsters of the world and we'd all have a more enjoyable time of it as such.

Personally I don't like the Saudis at all so would rather not have them own us, but I wouldn't exactly cry about it if they did.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Buy club through leveraged takeover - check.
Load debt onto club - check.
Milk club for all its worth - check.
Mind, playing performance does not impact commercial ability.
Expose yourself as completely inept in the runnings of the club - check.
Find a buyer more disgusting than yourself...acquire hell-fire-proof suitcases for riches

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
I'm honestly not arsed what happens.

Football lost its charm years ago.
Whether we're owned by them or not, it wouldn't change any regime they have going currently

Mcking

Jose woudn't have reason to slate them. They would give Jose the biggest transfer kitty in the history of the game..
Unless the Saudis want to end up begging on the streets, their first course of action should be to sack Mourinho. Otherwise they will keep spending without looking like they are actually spending. They could spend millions but some will still try to explain how Mourinho isn't well backed blah blah blah.

Status
Not open for further replies.