The Saudi Takeover Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
I do rather be sheikh's toy then a Glazer slave.
And that's alright. It's just not for me.
The money in football is already absolutely shameful as it is. Then you have players cheating on the pitch and dodging tax left, right and centre off it. Corrupt organisations and so on. I've already been on the verge of not really giving that much of a shit about football and I honestly think the only club I really follow daily being bought by human rights abusing sheikhs is just a step too far.

Himannv

You’re right in everything you say. And IF we are sold to mega wealthy owners who want success for United ON the field again and not so much commercially, I welcome it.

All of us put gas in our cars and support these regimes indirectly anyway. No one says “That’s it I’m not going to drive until the oil is owned by someone else.”
Pretty much this. I don't support United because of the Glazers or whoever the owners are. As long as they do right by the club, I don't care what they do in their spare time.

Cloud7

FFS just when I thought this rumor went away, it surfaced again. Really really hope that this never happens. Sigh.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
Hope it's true.

This would allow us to modernise Old Trafford, invest in the Academy, training ground and more importantly ship out the deadwood and buy world class players.

Carolina Red

Staff
And that's alright. It's just not for me.
The money in football is already absolutely shameful as it is. Then you have players cheating on the pitch and dodging tax left, right and centre off it. Corrupt organisations and so on. I've already been on the verge of not really giving that much of a shit about football and I honestly think the only club I really follow daily being bought by human rights abusing sheikhs is just a step too far.
To maybe help put you at ease...

Do you have or ride anything that uses a combustion engine?

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Surprised no one is looking forward to visiting the theatre of harems

Maagge

To maybe help put you at ease...

Do you have or ride anything that uses a combustion engine?
I don't own anything with a combustion engine, I occasionally borrow my parent's car if they're on holiday. I do use busses, the metro and trains when I'm in Denmark (although I prefer my bike). The bus is probably running on some kind of combustion engine, the metro and trains are electric I believe.

I guess your point is something along the lines of "you're supporting these regimes anyway". And I mean, probably, yes. We all need to get around somehow and at this point in time the politicians aren't really helping us much with regards to getting rid of oil. We don't all have to support a football club who's just a PR campaign for a terrible regime. And Denmark exported oil up until last year, so I'm guessing my impact is rather negligible in terms of supporting the Saudis.
I consistently vote for the politician with most concern for the environment. At what point is it OK for me to be critical? Is that reserved for people living alone on a remote island?

Why would I be critical of City's ownership, and Chelsea's for that matter, and then forget about all that if it comes to the club I support?

Patrick08

Bring Messi, Verratti, Lewandowski, Varane and Neymar or feck off with your oil money.
Neymar? No thank you. Also I don't really get the obsession with varane, he is leaking goals at Madrid alongside ramos all the time.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Why the hell are some of you panicking when you know their meeting had nothing to do with discussing a sale of the club. You all know we are the Glazers cash cow and as long as we make good revenue there is no chance in hell they are going to sell. Only once we start taking a big hit comercially are they probably going to start listening to offers but until then they will unfortunately be here.
Not true, they will sell before that starts happening to maximise profits.

If we start losing money, then any takeover bid would be lessened due to that fact. A smart business family like the Glazers would know to sell before that happens.

MuFc_1992

I'll get a lot of stick for this comment, but if this were Liverpool, I'd be jumping for joy, despite having good owners already.

It's oil money, it's tainted, it comes at the cost of lives, etc... Well, so does pretty much every luxury item you own. Your clothes are made in sweatshops, your electronics are manufactured in a place where suicide nets are put up in place of improvements to basic living standards... Why the selective conscience on this? Or is it just the idea of having to listen to City fans lambast you for what you've given them stick over for the past decade?

You're already owned by foreigners anyway, so it's not like you're losing much there in terms of sticking to the core of who you are. I'd take the better football over any sort of moral high ground, as I already gave up that high ground with the stuff I own anyway.
I think the difference is that it isn't 100% certain that my stuff was 100% made at a sweatshop. I also don't know for a fact that people are made to work against their will in the FoxConn factories. But what I do know is that my countrymen are stripped of their passports and made to work in 40 degrees heat and we get one coffin every three day from middle east due to death by "Heart Attack" even though these men are in their 20's. That's my personal reason why I'll give up on supporting United if Saudi takeover happens but I really won't judge other people if they continue supporting us. I really think there's a difference if the atrocities committed are by the state as opposed to corporations who are always looking to exploit people even in first world countries.

Sereques

If you're an adult and you have credit cards, auto loan, mortgage with the added responsibilities of having a family, school fees, vacation, gifts etc. You will understand how debt can tie your hands. It's like an invincible prison for your money. No matter how much money you make, you have this sink that's always swallowing your hard earn income and you can't shake it off. Your kids looks up to you for shining new things, your wife wants to have fun, your soul is crushed when you are compared to someone else. You cry at night because there is nothing you can do, you are tied down by the bondage of debt. This is Manchester United right now.

We have someone who can get rid of the bondage and some fans calling themselves purists and saints. You probably won't understand all I've said if you are a minor or if you are an adult that lives on the government or if you are one of the few that preys on daddy's funds.

The hypocrisy of this thread is making me sick.

Maagge

If you're an adult and you have credit cards, auto loan, mortgage with the added responsibilities of having a family, school fees, vacation, gifts etc. You will understand how debt can tie your hands. It's like an invincible prison for your money. No matter how much money you make, you have this sink that's always swallowing your hard earn income and you can't shake it off. Your kids looks up to you for shining new things, your wife wants to have fun, your soul is crushed when you are compared to someone else. You cry at night because there is nothing you can do, you are tied down by the bondage of debt. This is Manchester United right now.

We have someone who can get rid of the bondage and some fans calling themselves purists and saints. You probably won't understand all I've said if you are a minor or if you are an adult that lives on the government or if you are one of the few that preys on daddy's funds.

Agreed, the debt is crippling us to the point where we're getting outbid by City and PSG and can only afford to pay Lingard just above £100k a week. Shameful.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
A lot is at stake here, like your moral superiority over City supporters!
lol

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
A lot is at stake here, like your moral superiority over City supporters!
lol
Pity Bayern fans with their recent actions of their upper management have lost that though!

Ban

Let's become another oil funded club. Let's get all the superstars and a lick of paint on OT.
We all want new shiny toys to play with, right?

Feed Me

I'm hungry
If they did take us over, spend a fortune and help us clean up, it would all be a bit hollow really, wouldn't it?

Patrick08

This doesn't hold water when we have spent 400 m. If the managers were any wise, playing good progressive football with a winning mentality the players follow suit. 90% problems come from mismanagement while only 10% of it could be blamed on a lesser kitty or willingness to spend.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Absolute load of tosh. Manchester United, to most of us anyway, is more than just a collection of players that go on the football field. It's an idea that many of us have grown up since we were kids and we associate ourselves with it. I have no issues with us not winning trophies because we apparently can't spend as much as City( btw we still outspend 95% of other clubs), it's much better than becoming owned by a horrendous regime.

Not true, they will sell before that starts happening to maximise profits.

If we start losing money, then any takeover bid would be lessened due to that fact. A smart business family like the Glazers would know to sell before that happens.
Yeah, the best time to sell is right about now, before the major commercial deals begin the renewal process.

What's new is that if they do buy us it will be the first time oil money has gone for an established club. So far it's been all about buying nothing clubs and building them up.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Would you guys be happy if they bought Liverpool? Because let's face it, they're gonna buy someone. And if they bought Liverpool then expect them to overhaul our title count pretty soon and add afew more UCL titles to their portfolio.
Aargh the old "someone is gonna do it, so it might as well be me!" justification.

But yeah, I agree with your sentiment. Football has long changed, especially with the oil money.

pacifictheme

The only tangible difference is we'll have lots of money and owners that actually want us to win.

The Saudi regime will just have more attention drawn to it, which again isn't a bad thing (although are they really that bad in the grand scheme of regimes anyway?).

I have my fingers crossed for this.
Yeah they're pretty fecking awful.

We'd be associated and in bed with it. Genuinely think i may stop supporting the club.

tieunhilang

Manchester United have lacked success and become bit of a laughing stock over the years. For the one accusing the Arabs, do you place your own moral high ground above the success the club (You supposedly love) desperately needs?
Do people seriously want to continue these days when we have to pray for freaking Chelsea to win the league every year, in fear that Liverpool or City might win it? Do you want to cheer for that Real Madrid (That we supposedly hate) to wn the Champions League just so that we don't have Liverpool to stamp a "6 times lah" on our face? You complain about Lukaku being slow and clumsy, yet you don't want Harry Kane to start from us? You'd rather see Lingard and Fellaini initiating attacks for us instead of Griezmann or Neymar? You'd rather see Rashford on the right instead of Mbappe? You'd want to see our midfield being humiliated against City again because our only world-class midfielder Pogba got injured and we couldn't bring in a solid backup for him (Savic) last summer? And the more we don't talk about last summer, the better. Not a single centre defender being brought in just to see us all crying about our defense this season...

We were supposed to be Red "Devils" right? I want people who are ready to burn out forests for the sake of United. I want fanatics who want United to come back to glory by all means possible at our helm.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
The only tangible difference is we'll have lots of money and owners that actually want us to win.

The Saudi regime will just have more attention drawn to it, which again isn't a bad thing (although are they really that bad in the grand scheme of regimes anyway?).

I have my fingers crossed for this.
Yes, they're one of the worst. I worked on a campaign for Amnesty International and Saudi Arabia is one of the worst Human rights violators on a regular basis, with a law, judicial and political system that belongs in the medieval times.

MrPooni

If you were a proper adult you'd realise volatile consumer debt is nothing like cheap corporate debt. You might also have factored things like the millions of pounds worth of tax relief we've recieved as a result of this financial strategy into your calculations too.
I do rather be sheikh's toy then a Glazer slave.
Wait, so you'd rather by the plaything of a literal violent slave driver than the figurative slave of a couple of middle-aged Jewish blokes and their creative accounting? Fantastic stuff mate :lol:

Last edited:

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Bring Messi, Verratti, Lewandowski, Varane and Neymar or feck off with your oil money.
If we keep the present manager then we will probably bring Willian, Arnautovic, vestergaard etc

Status
Not open for further replies.