The self indulgent clapping on your doorstep is coming back

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
So the creator of Clap for Carers, who is more interested in creating an air of false altruism around her than she is actually doing something that would support carers, is rebranding the whole thing as Clap For Heroes. It's not gone down very well on Twitter.

What's your thoughts on the clapping thing? To me it's just a bunch of twats taking the opportunity to make some silly noise for a minute, each of them fighting one another for attention, before plopping back in their chairs and patting themselves on the back for a "job well done" when the reality is they've done next to feck all to actually support essential workers. If anything they get more out of it themselves than the people they're allegedly supporting.

They're selfish, vapid, vain arseholes who wouldn't lift a finger to do anything of value to support essential workers. But of cnuts. And if you disagree with me then you're a cnut as well. cnuts.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
THANK YOU! I could not agree more! Personally Id rather vote for a party who hasnt spent the last 15 years underfunding the NHS than stand outside like a self righteous cock once a week twatting a saucepan

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
All the doctors I know think it’s a load of vacuous bollox. It’s harmless though. And if it helps even one person feel better in themselves during this shit show then I don’t have a problem with it.
That's your professional response, but we want to hear your REAL response. Go on. Tell us how much you hate them. Do it.

F-Red

Couldn't agree more, I said this back in March and still rings true:

It's a nice sentiment from the public, but as my other half told me as she looked out into the street most NHS staff would just prefer their service to be properly funded & PPE equipment ready for them to do their job.

NinjaFletch

I didn't participate in it first time round, but I didn't mind it as a morale booster and a way for people to feel tapped in to something bigger than themselves at a time when everyone was feeling low.

But it's pretty obvious that it has absolutely feck all to do with actually being grateful for the NHS, as demonstrated by the lack of public anger when the government a load of these cnuts elected back in November refused to give them a pay rise again.

At any rate, its vapid self indulgence is more irritating than harmful.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
They don’t want out patronising applauses.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Great, so I get to see the many Tories who live in my area showing how altrustic and self-aware they are by clapping the NHS.

Last edited:

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Didn’t mind it the first couple of times they did it, but it quickly became a political stunt with the politicians all coming out applauding the NHS but then also voting against giving them pay rises or failing them with PPE or spending billions on Serco & that cnut Harding’s failed test & trace rather than funding the NHS.

It’s going to be used again to show the “British spirit” & I’m sure some people will appreciate it, but I’d rather people followed the lockdown rules (don’t go out, wear masks if you need to go out etc) as that will actually make some difference to the lives of the people that are being applauded.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Anyone think it might not be the best idea given how this new variant is far more transmissible and many people live in tightly packed estates where the front doors are basically two meters apart? There'll be people living in flats who go outside to do it and then all funnel back in straight after.

Classic case of people more eager to show their support, and be seen showing it, than actually give it - ala the yearly poppy competition or the now comical ritual knee before sporting events.

The worst part of the clapping in my area was that by Week 3 it had devolved into a competition of who could be seen supporting the loudest. Dickheads who I've seen out without a mask, who are on Next Door posting about the #Plandemic, were suddenly getting their pots and pans out because more noise means more love. The real NHS supporters - who voted Tory obviously - went the extra mile and got fireworks...because everyone knows that the best way to show you love a nurse is to force her to clean up her terrified dog's shit when she gets home from a 12 hour day.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
It’s a harmless gesture and makes people feel like they’re doing their bit. I did have to laugh though when people got the pots and pans out.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Will be amusing seeing my neighbours who constantly break lockdown rules out there clapping.

Judas

Open to offers
Haven't done it once. I remember muting the tv once just to hear how many were outside doing it, that's about as involved in it as I've got. Yeah it might make some workers feel better? Good if that's the case, but generally seems to be done by thickos, rule breakers, and idiots who voted for this government.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
We had a woman patrolling the length of our village first time round in order to make sure people were clapping.

I just gave her evils through the window, i mean its a stay at home order and there was her Tory loving scummy self blatantly ignoring the rules all to make herself feel better.

I was shocked and appalled, so much so I vented my ire online...

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
We had a woman patrolling the length of our village first time round in order to make sure people were clapping.

I just gave her evils through the window, i mean its a stay at home order and there was her Tory loving scummy self blatantly ignoring the rules all to make herself feel better.

I was shocked and appalled, so much so I vented my ire online...
Is this serious?

Dan_F

Can’t stand outside as I live in a flat, but if I could, I’d make a big sign that said “Love the NHS, feck Tory voting scum” or something similar.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Is this serious?
Apart from the venting online, yes,

the woman actually walked up and down the road in our village, (theres only one road in our village) clapping furiously and geeing everyone else up to clap louder, fecking cringeworthy. The clapping only started once she had left her house for patrol and finished once she was back at her driveway. Embarrasing.

redshaw

Feels like a very hollow gesture as I think many taking part have helped put the strain on the NHS multiple times now.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Cringe

Stay in your houses. That will help the frontline workers more.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
I’m going to clap so fecking hard, while wearing my 17 poppies. The NHS can count on me.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Apart from the venting online, yes,

the woman actually walked up and down the road in our village, (theres only one road in our village) clapping furiously and geeing everyone else up to clap louder, fecking cringeworthy. The clapping only started once she had left her house for patrol and finished once she was back at her driveway. Embarrasing.
People were also being called out on Facebook for not clapping. People were saying that they didn't deserve to use the NSH if they didn't clap.
feck me! Id love to run into some people like that, the mood Im in!

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
The first one was major cringe but a nice touch from the people, in my opinion, til the gov jumped on board, as if they have any right to just clap for them.

Now it’s just silly as feck.

Stactix

Great way of seeing the Local tories.
Thing that made me laugh was the amount of tossers on one of those bridges, then you had ve day.

Smores

Ah i just had a rant in the covid thread, makes me feel better that there's others who think it's bollocks too.

Will people on here do this out of interest? If there's ever a best example for the hypernormalisation thread it's this nonsense in my view.

All the complicated issues and governmental incompetence and cronyism boiled down to a shared conformity event where people clap at a scheduled time. If this had stayed in China and you witnessed such actions by the Chinese people you'd rightly think it was mental.
What's stranger is those who will cry virtue signalling are the types who wear the biggest poppy and clap the hardest. The same lot who would have criticised the junior doctors too.

Tiber

My Mrs is an amazing nurse who has been on the front line of this shit for a year.

She doesn't want you to bang a saucepan. She wants the free parking that Robin Swann promised in a press conference but never delivered. She pays £5 per day to go to work and help people - and got Covid for 5 weeks in the process.