The shocking decline of Trent Alexander Arnold

OverratedOpinion

Is that what constitutes a dribble past? Christ, I reckon even I could rack up some "dribble pasts" in the PL...

I thought it meant beating a man cleanly and leaving him in the dust, not turning backwards and running away from him.
Dribbling stats are generally ridiculous.

That video is the reason Grealish had the best dribbling stats in the league for a couple of seasons despite rarely actually beating a man in any valuable way.

imamuppet

I found it funny that Neville as a right back himself didn’t call out Trent’s shocking attempt at trying to stop Ake for the Haaland goal. He would have called out Wan Bissaka or Dalot though.
Its as if our Gaz takes great pride in looking like an utter knut :lol:

Last edited:

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Is that what constitutes a dribble past? Christ, I reckon even I could rack up some "dribble pasts" in the PL...

I thought it meant beating a man cleanly and leaving him in the dust, not turning backwards and running away from him.
It's always been an absolutely stupid stat, both when used in defence of a player (the infamous Van Dijk stat) or to criticize them. It's basically gonna make those who commit and go 1:1 with players look worse than they are.

I mean Trent is a poor defender, but that's not the stat that particularly highlights it.