The shocking decline of Trent Alexander Arnold

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Can only be a decline if you rated him in the first place

The entire team plan was built around giving him space to cross. Now his minders aren’t there and the forwards aren’t making exceptional runs we are seeing him as a no better than average fullback who has a wicked cross.

I mean if you had stuck Alex Telles in that Liverpool side last season people would say he’s the best in the world when we know he’s clearly not

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Defensively very questionable

Dwight McNeil had a good time against him and Southampton got a lot down that flank.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
If tonight doesn't wake him up from his slumber, nothing will. Goal and a good cross turning into a fortunate assist.

Abe144

Supports
CD Guadalajara
His problem is that he's playing with a very arrogant attitude this season. He likes to receive the ball and whip in a cross from where he stands. Whether he has the space and time to do so doesn't matter. Also putting in minimal effort in tracking back. He's a brilliant player who needs a good telling off

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Really bad again yesterday. Looked like he'd never played right back before in his life.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
His problem is that he's playing with a very arrogant attitude this season. He likes to receive the ball and whip in a cross from where he stands. Whether he has the space and time to do so doesn't matter. Also putting in minimal effort in tracking back. He's a brilliant player who needs a good telling off
Yeah when I watch him this season it feels like he thinks he is Beckham and just tries to whip it in from wherever, however. Incessant crossing, shit defending and not varying it up at all. Hes obviously got loads of talent but definitely having a down period.

Robbie Boy

Was ridiculously overrated tbh. This is likely in and around his level. Much like that prick Robertson, Klopp had him playing much better than he actually is.

snk123

Obsessed with stats. Only takes one game to turn the “stats” around

Jibbs

English Media kills english footballers. Constant hype and hounding from them. Happened with so many others before him.

I'm not sure that anyone aside from the scousers did though?
Bosnian had him as the World’s best RB.

TAA is the best right back in the world tbf so easily him. Unfortunate for AWB who is a young excellent fullback, but I cant see him getting too many apps over his career barring a big injury for TAA. Would have Wan Bissaka as 2and choice though, and Walker in the squad as well.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
He could become a Ward-Prowse type player, hide him away in midfield and just keep him around for the corners and free kicks.

Brophs

The One and Only
I would have thought he’s an outstanding young player having a poor season under unprecedented conditions, having basically won everything he’d dreamed about at 20. It’s not that surprising, surely?

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
It would be interesting to see Shaws numbers, I reckon they would be very much in the other end of the scale.
These days Shaw is basically the player of ours least likely to give the ball away. I don't know if that's true, but it certainly feels that way. Great touch and passing on him in terms of keeping things ticking.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Even today they were hyping him up for the occasional good pass.

When a winger has the ball and he's back tracking you're never confident in his actual defending.

Sylar

Tbf we can't write him off given liverpool as a whole are under achieving (or maybe they aren't and Klopp made them over achieve for two seasons)

We've seen players before have absolute stinkers and then follow it up with a great season after some rest and pre season

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I would have thought he’s an outstanding young player having a poor season under unprecedented conditions, having basically won everything he’d dreamed about at 20. It’s not that surprising, surely?
No, it's not. And he'll likely have an outstanding career for the next decade.

SirScholes

These days Shaw is basically the player of ours least likely to give the ball away. I don't know if that's true, but it certainly feels that way. Great touch and passing on him in terms of keeping things ticking.
That’s perfectly described how I feel when watching our games