The shocking decline of Trent Alexander Arnold

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
In a situation where England are chasing a goal, being able to bring on a PL & CL winning right-back who was creative enough to get 15 assists in a PL season (and 13 in the season before that) is a pretty valuable option. I'd absolutely take that on my bench over some solid but much less talented option.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Walker isnt good. He should be behind Trent, AWB, James in the pecking order and fighting it out with Matt Cash at Villa for 4th choice
Crazy. Walker is by far England's best option at right back in my opinion.

mancan92

Forget defending how can you leave a player with delivery as good as that out? He can literally win you matches from just 1 or 2 plays. If you need a goal it's beyond stupid to not being him.

Based Adnan

If he's not in the squad it screams Southgate sees him as a potential disturbance unless he is first choice. A "bad tourist" as they say.
Second this. I think Southgate has left him out for non playing related reasons. Can't see any other reason why he wouldn't take him at least as an option.

MU655

I still think Southgate should have given him a go in midfield since we don't really have many options.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
It seems like such an easy solution. You've got a great attacking right back and a great defensive right back. Take both.

cyberman

Exactly that.

It won't come down to a striker/forward and a RB competing for the last spot.
If its we need a goal and need to bring someone on reasoning then its definitely Trent v an attacker.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
If its we need a goal and need to bring someone on reasoning then its definitely Trent v an attacker.
I’ll laugh if England are chasing a goal with a sub left and they take off Walker for super assister Arnold instead of an attacker.

cyberman

All of their back 4 have regressed even Fabinho can be thrown in there. At least Trent may be coached back into something. I certainly think Ten Hag could do it

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Konate should help him out for the second goal where Trent is covering two players.

arthurka

Konate should help him out for the second goal where Trent is covering two players.
If you look closely Konate points Trent towards his man in the far post to help in the middle Trent then just doesn't show up.

lysglimt

Scout
True - but if you are covering 2 players - wouldn't it make sense to take the guy closest to goal ? :)

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
What an assist!

Did his haters see that??

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
If you look closely Konate points Trent towards his man in the far post to help in the middle Trent then just doesn't show up.
Yeah, but that was the wrong call from Konate as they had enough bodies to deal with the Brentford attack. He should have pulled players in from the other side of the defence.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
The ‘Trent can’t defend’ thread is locked (why?) so I came here to post that this guy is woeful. Give him another 3-4 years and his career will go the way of Delle Alli.

BerryBerryShrew

The poor positioning is one thing, but the total lack of effort or interest is unforgivable. Not even attempting to track Grealish once he had played it to KdB for the fourth goal is absolutely criminal.

Enigma_87

You know who
It’s the closest to a position he has on the pitch. I can’t imagine the players he would let run off him in midfield
Right wing or wing back. At least when he lacks the effort, awareness and positional sense it won’t directly lead to a goal threat like it usually does.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
He needs to be Kimmich'd and put into central midfield, been saying this for over an year now.

BerryBerryShrew

That’s a constant with him I think.
Why Klopp tolerates it is beyond me. Even leaving aside the fact that it leads to oppo goals directly, it must be terrible for team morale to have a RB with such an attitude problem.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Zero effort defensively and absolutely no composure on the ball, just punting it forward everytime he gets near it. Terrible.