Average Rating: 6.78
Goals: 5
Assists: 0
Yellows: 2
Reds: 0

Last edited:

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I have just realised that i am at 56 players. I have 6 players transfer listed but am not getting any AI bids. Just holding my hands up here. If I get a ban so be it. I will keep the 6 listed and accept the first 4 AI bids that come in.

Varun

Staff
Who is the Boro manager? OP says he's a non caftard so I'm guessing he's joined via someone from here?

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Who is the Boro manager? OP says he's a non caftard so I'm guessing he's joined via someone from here?
One of life's mysteries.

I have just realised that i am at 56 players. I have 6 players transfer listed but am not getting any AI bids. Just holding my hands up here. If I get a ban so be it. I will keep the 6 listed and accept the first 4 AI bids that come in.
Thanks. Yeah, you'll have a one month ban from now until 13th October. @RedSky and I have had issues with transfer listed players not getting any bids either but he stopped himself from knowingly bidding on players.

Varun

Staff
One of life's mysteries.

Thanks. Yeah, you'll have a one month ban from now until 13th October. @RedSky and I have had issues with transfer listed players not getting any bids either but he stopped himself from knowingly bidding on players.
Let us not accept any more managers from outside the Caf.

Varun

Staff
I approached the Boro manager for Gelin couple days back and offered Silva for max cash for him. Guy replies saying the only guys he wants are Dahoud, Meyer and Embolo.

I'm cool with letting Embolo go for Gelin as I want CB talent more than a winger so I reply saying that I'm happy to do Embolo + max cash.

Now starts the shit show.

He then replies that he wants to wait and watch to see how regularly Embolo plays. So I point out that such offers aren't open ended to be accepted whenever you want in the future as player performances may change which could result in me not willing to do the deal I'm offering now.

Anyway, as I really wanted gelin and seeing as he wants a regular starter and I rate Embolo highly, I simply tell him I'll offer him Hazard instead in that case.

Guy immediately says he'd love Hazard but wants to clear space and will do the deal if he can get someone to buy verdi or Berardi for max cash or p/ex.

I'm the one who sold him Berardi to get Cristante so I immediately offer him max cash.

To my horror here, he guy now tells me he wants to wait a day.

Today, he replies asking if I want Berardi just to do the gelin hazard swap or do I really want him. So I tell him that I intend to use him as my hazard replacement. Now this guy tells me another manager has offered max cash for Berardi and now I'll have to either offer Embolo on top or he'll sell to the other guy for max cash.

I mean seriously, Wtf is this shit? Why are such guys in our league when they aren't even caftards.

Anyway, it's a game and I'm not a cnut so I'm not going to ask for him to be removed or anything but yes, we should stick to caftards only for the league. No outsiders.

Also, I'm hereby announcing that I'll not be dealing with this guy in the future regardless of which club he's in.

Damien

Staff
Sorry you've had such a bad experience with him - we have tried to stick to caftards only. Can't quite remember how Ross and dutza got in but both have complied with the various rules in the league and don't think there have been any complaints about either until now (correct me if I'm wrong). I'm guessing nobody else has offered max cash for Berardi and he's just trying to get more from you?

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
I approached the Boro manager for Gelin couple days back and offered Silva for max cash for him. Guy replies saying the only guys he wants are Dahoud, Meyer and Embolo.

I'm cool with letting Embolo go for Gelin as I want CB talent more than a winger so I reply saying that I'm happy to do Embolo + max cash.

Now starts the shit show.

He then replies that he wants to wait and watch to see how regularly Embolo plays. So I point out that such offers aren't open ended to be accepted whenever you want in the future as player performances may change which could result in me not willing to do the deal I'm offering now.

Anyway, as I really wanted gelin and seeing as he wants a regular starter and I rate Embolo highly, I simply tell him I'll offer him Hazard instead in that case.

Guy immediately says he'd love Hazard but wants to clear space and will do the deal if he can get someone to buy verdi or Berardi for max cash or p/ex.

I'm the one who sold him Berardi to get Cristante so I immediately offer him max cash.

To my horror here, he guy now tells me he wants to wait a day.

Today, he replies asking if I want Berardi just to do the gelin hazard swap or do I really want him. So I tell him that I intend to use him as my hazard replacement. Now this guy tells me another manager has offered max cash for Berardi and now I'll have to either offer Embolo on top or he'll sell to the other guy for max cash.

I mean seriously, Wtf is this shit? Why are such guys in our league when they aren't even caftards.

Anyway, it's a game and I'm not a cnut so I'm not going to ask for him to be removed or anything but yes, we should stick to caftards only for the league. No outsiders.

Also, I'm hereby announcing that I'll not be dealing with this guy in the future regardless of which club he's in.

Damien

Staff
Tonight's Division 1 fixtures:

Barnsley v Liverpool
Blackburn Rovers v Arsenal
AFC Bournemouth v Wolverhampton Wanderers
Chelsea v Plymouth Argyle
Everton v Fulham
Hereford FC v Manchester City
Reading v MANCHESTER UNITED
Southampton v Nottingham Forest
Sunderland v Darlington
Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa

Some tasty games. Last season's 2nd v 3rd in Sunderland v Darlington and all three promoted clubs hosting games against the two most successful teams in the league and Arsenal (6th on trophies earned is still great).

Varun

Staff
Sorry you've had such a bad experience with him - we have tried to stick to caftards only. Can't quite remember how Ross and dutza got in but both have complied with the various rules in the league and don't think there have been any complaints about either until now (correct me if I'm wrong). I'm guessing nobody else has offered max cash for Berardi and he's just trying to get more from you?
Someone has. Hence the backing out asking for Embolo or he'd sell to the other guy. Its terrible either ways to keep asking for more once what you've asked for is accepted.

Dans

One of life's mysteries.

Clearly I wasn't bidding knowingly.

Damien

Staff
Clearly I wasn't bidding knowingly.
Was still only about a week ago when you were over FFP, we mentioned it and you replied!
So am I banned from transfer activity or not? I have a few more in the pipe and am waiting for a host of AI bids.
No more incomings until you're below FFP.

Cassady was so far over FFP with no mitigating circumstances (promotion or stadium increase) that he's banned from signing players until 4th October - I can't get on SM right now so if anyone can let him know that'd be great.

@Dans, @gaz1185, @RedSky to transfer list the required number of players to get back in the black and until then to not sign any players. You all have until Sunday to work towards getting back in line with FFP. If there are no signs then you may get a transfer ban.
Aye @Dans we're banned from signing anyone atm. If we do, we'll be transfer banned for a month. So suggest you get your squad size down first.
Ok a

Ok but one transfer went through overnight... I'll cancel the other ongoing. I am 2 over I think but have already accepted two bids and have 4 more on the transfer list
That was on the 5th so after all the business was done on that day you were on 52 which is your FFP limit. The four signings you made since then put you over FFP. The transfer list issue has been a pain. I think the two bids you talked about accepting were Lowen and Kutsia but that was pretty much balanced out by swapping Alisson for 2 players and took you from 53 to 52.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Was still only about a week ago when you were over FFP, we mentioned it and you replied!

That was on the 5th so after all the business was done on that day you were on 52 which is your FFP limit. The four signings you made since then put you over FFP. The transfer list issue has been a pain. I think the two bids you talked about accepting were Lowen and Kutsia but that was pretty much balanced out by swapping Alisson for 2 players and took you from 53 to 52.
Are you saying i made a deal with him when he was over his cap? Because that's bullshit. He was on his cap, our deal took him one below his cap. Feck sakes, Damo.

The Stain

Hang on, his new cap is 52. Anger back :mad:

Threadmark new FFP etc pless.

What i wrote didn't make sense though. He was below his cap when we made the deal, though. Feck sakes.

The Stain

This is what in the industry we call having a blonde moment. It's ok Stain.
What i wrote might not have made sense but shouting at Damo did. I did nothing wrong so i don't now why he's having a go at me. He told me to wait until he was under his cap before i made the deal so i did. Do you think i'd make the deal anyway after that? One of you's would have pulled me up on it.

Damien

Staff
3:1 win away to Reading. Winning streak set to come to an end against Spurs next.

De Gea (95)

Roberto (91) Stones (90) Christensen (90) Gaya (90)➕
Goretzka (91) Dele (92)➕
Brandt (90) Martial (90)➕ Sterling (92)
Mbappe (92)⚽⚽

Subs: Kimmich (92), Boateng (94), Alaba (93), Pogba (93)⚽⭐, Isco (93), Kroos (95), Griezmann (95)
Did not travel: Ramos (95), Eriksen (93)

Key:
⚽ = Goal
➕ = Assist
⭐ = MOTM
= Subbed off
= Subbed on

Next three games:
MD03: Tottenham Hotspur (A)
CCGG2: AC Milan (H)
MD04: Everton (H)

Damien

Staff
Looking at spurs stadium I think he will have 90k for good
He will for sure. Stadium was updated on soccerwiki about a month ago. As soon as new season started and he kept the same stadium it was clear he was going to keep the capacity.

Not making much use out of it though. 35909/90000

Damien

Staff
What's the most goals scored in a season? I'm going for that record.
152 - Bradford City D4 - S01
132 - Kidderminster Harriers D4 - S14
128 - Port Vale D5 - S02
126 - Kidderminster Harriers D5 - S13
125 - Leeds United D3 - S12
124 - Blackburn Rovers D3 - S15
122 - Hereford D4 - S12
121 - Hereford D5 - S11
120 - Southend United D4 - S09
119 - Watford D3 - S05
117 - Ipswich Town D2 - S07
114 - Portsmouth D3 - S02
112 - Bolton Wanderers D3 - S15
112 - Milton Keynes Dons D2 - S05
111 - Sheffield United D3 - S11
110 - Manchester United D1 - S08
110 - Sheffield Wednesday D4 - S01
110 - Stoke City D2 - S04
109 - Bristol City D2 - S04
108 - Rochdale D5 - S04
107 - Bournemouth D4 - S06
107 - Hull City D2 - S04
107 - Leeds United D3 - S08
106 - Milton Keynes Dons D2 - S04
105 - Darlington D4 - S02
105 - Reading D2 - S04
104 - Cardiff City D3 - S11
104 - Colchester United D5 - S07
104 - Peterborough United D4 - S04
104 - Yeovil Town D5 - S05
103 - Southend United D5 - S08
102 - Blackburn Rovers D2 - S06
102 - Crewe Alexandra D4 - S04
102 - Kidderminster Harriers D3 - S15
102 - Plymouth Argyle D3 - S03
101 - Middlesbrough D3 - S12
101 - Milton Keynes Dons D2 - S10
101 - Plymouth Argyle D4 - S02
101 - Southampton D3 - S03
101 - Watford D3 - S03

Good luck. You just need to average 4 goals scored per game for every single game from now to the end of the season to beat it.

Dans

I also sold Plea and Pulgar.

When I wrote that I wasn't bidding knowingly, I meant of course I knew I was bidding. I was taking the p, but I see what you meant now. I was expecting those AI bids though - before that point they were coming in regularly.

Anyway, a ban it is, and I won't do it again, Sir, promise.