Gaming The SM RedCafe League

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
I remember when I was easily winning the league with West Brom.

Good times, then got bored

What happened to my team? Did they win the league? Do I have a league winners medal?

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
How is it different. Regale me with tales from the soccer manager league
There's nobody left to buy high rated, everyone's taken. The new up and coming players often get 6/7+ bids and it's highly competitive as everyone knows how to play the game now.

It's like ultra difficult mode :lol:

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
There's nobody left to buy high rated, everyone's taken. The new up and coming players often get 6/7+ bids and it's highly competitive as everyone knows how to play the game now.

It's like ultra difficult mode :lol:
And Spurs got to within an inch of the title twice and fell at the final hurdle.

Damien

Staff
Is anyone in a league which started a new season recently and can confirm if Spurs' stadium capacity in that league went down from 90k back to 62k?

My new season preparations basically depend entirely on the answer.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
Is anyone in a league which started a new season recently and can confirm if Spurs' stadium capacity in that league went down from 90k back to 62k?

My new season preparations basically depend entirely on the answer.
PLEASE GOD

infamous7

So not including prize money and transfer expenditure/income
Fulham ran at a loss of £8,475,264 this season.
However with our transfer net spend this season that loss was decreased to mere pennies.
And that is with 9 players out on loan.

Gythio

So here are the two proposals. There are 37 managers in the league so vote below/on SM:
1. Yes
2. No, language control is not the way to go about this, also it would be a hard rule to impose as each case requires individual judgement. Should be common decency really.

The Taurean

looks like a chipmunk
Nothing is so common as the wish to be remarkable.
So here are the two proposals. There are 37 managers in the league so vote below/on SM:

1. Ban all loans entirely. (Yes/No)
    It’s extremely tough being in this world if you’re a relatively new manager. You have to look for gems on the transfer market which are rare. Makes it so hard to search for players when loads are on loan. It’s not a fair system either. I like the challenge of the world but not sure it’s worth the time if loans continue. Makes searching for potential new players take soooo much longer.
    ---
    Yeah I don’t mind searching for talent but when looking for players you have to click on them to see if they are loaned or not takes way way too long. I think loans should be banned to help clubs see who is available in the game.
  2. No attacking another manager by swearing / hurling abuse at them because they don't get their way. If people have a problem take it to PM' s or swallow it as being a game. (Agree/Disagree)
1. No. Certainly not for reasons that you need to check if said players are on loan. Honestly I was expecting ideas for reforming loan deals not banning them.
2. Agree. Didn't think we would need to police these things but i suppose recently it was out of norm

Dom Gill

1. Yes
2. No, language control is not the way to go about this, also it would be a hard rule to impose as each case requires individual judgement. Should be common decency really.
Not about language control, it's about when you don't get your own way and when you cannot accept what has happened you then start swearing at other managers in this situation only.

Manager of Plymouth didn't like the loans, we are now having a vote about changing the loan rules.

Manager of Blackburn didn't like the draft rules, we are not having a vote about a change to the rule but instead are having a vote to the reaction of not getting his own way.

Shows the difference in how to approach things and I know someone blocked LB and I believe this is not something anyone should have to do in this well run, (@Damien and @green_smiley) usually fun and collaborative game world.

Last edited:

Damien

Staff
Damn you @Snowjoe banning all the Liverpool fans who play this

Good luck to all in the European finals tonight and congrats to Darlington and Spurs in advance.

United squad for tonight's game:

Goalkeepers (1): De Gea (95)
Defenders (8): Alaba (93), Boateng (94), Christensen (90), Gaya (90), Kimmich (92), Ramos (95), Roberto (91), Stones (90)
Midfielders (7): Brandt (90), Dele (92), Eriksen (93), Goretzka (91), Kroos (95), Isco (93), Pogba (93)
Forwards (4): Griezmann (95), Martial (90), Mbappe (92), Sterling (92)

Damien

Staff
2:0 victory against Spurs. The subs in the second half won it. 5 times baby! On the day one Liverpool fan was banned and the other quit SM :(

De Gea (95)

Kimmich (92) Ramos (95) Boateng (94) Alaba (93)⚽
Dele (92) Eriksen (93)
Sterling (92) Kroos (95) Isco (93)
Griezmann (95)⚽⭐

Subs: Roberto (91), Stones (90), Goretzka (91), Brandt (90), Martial (90), Pogba (93)➕, Mbappe (92)➕
Suspended: Mina (89)
Did not travel: Christensen (90), Gaya (90)

Key:
⚽ = Goal
➕ = Assist
⭐ = MOTM
= Subbed off
= Subbed on

Congrats to Newcastle United on retaining the SMFA Shield too. In Division 2 next season but will be competing in Europe as well!