Gaming The SM RedCafe League

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Ravelation of Ipswich Town
''An exciting new Manager, with the skill to match his gusto''

I've been a devout part of the RedCafe lurkers since 2011, I challenge you to find another member with as little post counts in 7 years. One could say, I am the Lurker.
A full member, plus a Tag line that screams ''Chat sh*t get banged", or ''Once had a meltdown in a thread about dancing'', I'll let you lot figure out which one.

I've played SoccerManager many moons ago, and have always been itching to play again, but don't have the friends to do so, (because they don't play football manager games, Not because I'm lonely.
I've got quite a high reputation on SM, (deity), and fully comprehend the ins and outs of what it takes to manage a title winning squad.
In all honesty I'm not sure I could convince you all of my right to the City throne over Sir Wino, or Gaz. They've both been in the league far longer than I have, they've both demonstrated dedication and perseverance, and probably have great relationships with the rest of the managers in the league.
But, saying that, I don't feel I need to prove myself in comparison to longevity otherwise this would be a pretty easy vote and Gaz would win.
This is an election, in which every candidate deserves and equal chance to manage City, it's not something that we should be able to walk into on the back of past glory, or the lack of. It's equally not something which we should attain because of how many friends we have in the league, but rather a vote that should be earned via our appeal.

This league does not need another manager, playing the traditional timid approach of buying low, investing lengthily, and selling timidly, It needs a revelation (all sorts of puns intended).
I'm a manager who promises to be daring and risky, I won't just sit on a perfectly fine squad of players and bide my time to do anything with the team.
I've built upon a solid core at Ipswich, and was truthfully aiming to win Div 2 this coming season. If I attain the City job, I'd be aiming to win Div 1, In my first season, and though a lot may see it as unrealistic, considering the squads in Div 1, I promise it's well within my skillset, I've already beaten a full strength Everton side in a friendly, and have yet to lose my first game.
I promise fireworks with City, and whoever inherits the Ipswich squad can count on the same.
And if I'm yet to still convince you of my credentials, my potential success or my appetite for this Position, I present to you, my secret weapon.
Enjoy.

Your next Div 1 Title Winner,
and sincerely,
Ravelation.
I withdraw my name from the Man City manager race.

Give this man the job!

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
MK Dons manager:

also pass the message on in the superleague threade "i withdraw my nomination from the race for the post, it has nothing to do with my impending impeachment for federal offences, something Trump something fake news, vote Gaz for president - Make city great again!!
So those left in the running now are:
@gaz1185 (Kidderminster Harriers)
@Ravelation (Ipswich Town)
@Wino1 (Wolverhampton Wanderers)

Voting will be in about 7 hours. Those involved in voting will be the 32 other managers.

Wino1

Can’t compete with @gaz1185 longevity or with the post from @Ravelation however:

2 years at Wolves, 4 SM seasons.

I walked into the Wolves job with a squad of nobody’s and £221m in the bank. Seems great having all that money, you soon realise you can’t buy shit in this game though!

After buying, selling, rebuilding and scouting I’ve managed to build myself a squad with an average age of 22, a value of £362m and have £96.9m in the bank (don’t mind telling people how much, hopefully I won’t be there much longer:drool:) that’s more than double where I started. In amongst that I spent a seasons in Div2 with a huge wage bill and still managed to double my clubs worth.

My four season have provided:

13th Div 1 (very poor team full of random 89 and below rated players)

19th Div 1

2nd Div 2 (strong Fulham team winning the division)

10th Div 1 + Red Cafe League Cup Winners.

You will all see my intentions as manager at City as soon as I take over. A rebuild will happen! First team + Youth. All players will be available some P/E and some cash only.

I’d appreciate your vote. :D

(I now feel like the underdog :nervous:)

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Btw why anybody would want to manage city is beyond me

Damien

Staff
Can have a week to sort my team out? That means I'd like to conduct transfers and commit to being at FPP after 7 days.
What is your current squad status and ongoing deals? If the ones that have been accepted result in you being at FFP then that is fine but if you're still over then the Becker monstrosity deal will have to wait.

Damien

Staff
Bournemouth FFP 52
Currently on 52 (fine)

What you've currently got agreed:
Out:
Plea
Alisson (bastard)
Beijmo
Kutsia
Lowen

In:
Pedro
Lacazette
Diop

Leaving you at 49/52. No issues there. Never mind a week - it took you one day to sort it out.

Damien

Staff
Can’t compete with @gaz1185 longevity or with the post from @Ravelation however:

2 years at Wolves, 4 SM seasons.

I walked into the Wolves job with a squad of nobody’s and £221m in the bank. Seems great having all that money, you soon realise you can’t buy shit in this game though!

After buying, selling, rebuilding and scouting I’ve managed to build myself a squad with an average age of 22, a value of £362m and have £96.9m in the bank (don’t mind telling people how much, hopefully I won’t be there much longer:drool:) that’s more than double where I started. In amongst that I spent a seasons in Div2 with a huge wage bill and still managed to double my clubs worth.

My four season have provided:

13th Div 1 (very poor team full of random 89 and below rated players)

19th Div 1

2nd Div 2 (strong Fulham team winning the division)

10th Div 1 + Red Cafe League Cup Winners.

You will all see my intentions as manager at City as soon as I take over. A rebuild will happen! First team + Youth. All players will be available some P/E and some cash only.

I’d appreciate your vote. :D

(I now feel like the underdog :nervous:)
Nice writeup!

gaz1185

Well, where do I even begin after that impressive pitch from @Ravelation - nevermind a secret weapon, you brought the Death Star to the party :lol:

For those who don't know me very well or my history with the Red Cafe League SM, I like to think around 6 and a half years ago I strolled in here like a young Eddie Howe or Julian Nagelsmann of sorts and decided that a young manager deserved a young club to start my RC SM career; so Division 4 minnows MK Dons were to be that team... Nothing to do with the fact that the majority of clubs had already been taken. 16 seasons later, 3 clubs (one very brief), 753 games under my belt (missing just the 1) and plenty of dedication, I sit pretty in 3rd on the 'Best Game World Managers Of All Time' list - I had to throw that in, sorry. I've enjoyed plenty of success throughout my career taking clubs to heights that didn't seem possible. But that urge to go on to bigger and better things and once again challenge for domestic & European silverware with a club who can provide the potential financial stability that I've never had before is far too enticing.

Previous Clubs / Honours:

MK Dons
19/03/2012 - 01/07/2016 & 27/07/2016 - 12/02/2017

SMFA Shield - Season 9 Winners | Season 10 Runner-Up
SMFA Super Cup - Season 10 Winners

Within the first 5 seasons of the RCL I had taken MK Dons from Division 4 to Division 1. After 3 more seasons I managed to reach the top 6 of Division 1 and brought European football to the club for the first time in its history. That following year, sadly the club was relegated, but the club went on to defy expectations in Europe and won the SMFA Shield at the first time of asking. The following season we continued our successful stint in Europe winning the SMFA Super Cup and once again defying the odds of reaching the SMFA Shield Final whilst in Division 2. Unfortunately we wasn't able to become back to back SMFA Shield winners & finished runner-up, but promotion back to Division 1 was achieved.

Liverpool
01/07/2016 - 25/07/2016

A brief blip in my career I admit. But this short lived stint was only because of my love for MK Dons and seeing them descend into chaos. The pull was too much and I returned 26 days later.

Kidderminster Harriers
12/02/2017 - Current

Division 5 - Season 13 Winners
Division 4 - Season 14 Winners

Struggling to progress any further with MK Dons, I decided I needed to reignite my love for this league. With no big clubs available, another challenge was needed and prospects were much better starting out with a lower league club. Since taking over I tried to focus on youth prospects that could not only gain us promotion but be profitable at the sametime. This worked out very well for the Harriers and we gained back to back championship wins / promotions and narrowly missed out on a third championship to a heavily invested Blackburn Rovers, but still gained promotion to Division 2. The club now sit comfortably in Division 2 after finishing a respectable 9th last season, they also boast a very talented youth set up and a squad average age of only 22. Since taking over this role I now spend a lot more time on SM researching youth prospects, continuously looking out for that next gem - I aim to continue this methodology throughout my managerial career, be it here with Kidderminster or at the exciting project Manchester City potentially holds.

The Manchester City Project?

I admit, it took me a while to make the decision to apply for this role after my time spent at Kidderminster, but after mulling over the project on offer, it was far too tempting. I had to put my name forward. I always look at a job as a long term project, as you can see from my time spent at MK Dons & Kidderminster I stick to that, and I see the City role as nothing different. The squad in my opinion is capable of challenging for silverware on all fronts straight away and I intend to do that. The first team will need a few tweaks and potentially new players will arrive to get the starting XI I desire - some first team players may need to leave to achieve that. Looking beyond the first team I do worry at the lack of youth prospects I would have at the club. Money may not be as flush as you would expect the Etihad club to have but I've learnt to work with a tight budget for years. Given the chance I will continue to scout heavily like I have during my time at Kidderminster and use the majority of the funds on offer to invest in any potential prospects that I hope to unearth.

I've previously missed out on the City job 5 years ago when JB got the nod, hopefully this time there will be a different outcome!

Good luck to @Wino1 & @Ravelation and my many thanks to anyone who's willing to vote for me.

PS. I have a free game world to use, so don't tempt me to create the RedCafe Super League! :lol:

Ravelation

Krump at me Bro
I've previously missed out on the City job 5 years ago when JB got the nod, hopefully this time there will be a different outcome!

Good luck to @Wino1 & @Ravelation and my many thanks to anyone who's willing to vote for me.

PS. I have a free game world to use, so don't tempt me to create the RedCafe Super League! :lol:
:lol: In some weird way, I'm glad we're not voting, because this is difficult.
Your list of honours and taking the dons to the SMFA shield in 5 seasons? Incredible.
Good luck to you and Wino, I'm not sure who i'd put my money on. This definitely has become quite entertaining to say the least.

Wino1

I was quite confident yesterday, I now feel like I’m losing ground, should have employed a campaigner :lol:.

All the best though lads.

(I’ve have actually invested, well I got gold membership for my shortlist just in case lol)

Dom Gill

Season 15/16
Season 16/17
Season 17/18

Week 1
Week 2
Week 3

¦

9.53 - Ousmane Dembele (21/90) ¦ 90mins

8.24 - Krzysztof Piatek (23/83) ¦ 90mins

7.93 - Matthijs de Ligt (19/86) ¦ 90mins
7.60 - [Irrelevant point] (27/91) ¦ 90mins

7.58 - Matteo Politano (25/89) ¦ 90mins

7.45 - Pablo Maffeo (21/86) ¦ 90mins
7.34 - Lucas Torreira (22/89) ¦ 20mins

7.19 - Andy Robertson (24/89) ¦ 90mins

7.14 - Kai Havertz (19/88) ¦ 90mins
7.08 - Joe Gomez (21/87) ¦ 90mins
6.81 - Sebastien Haller (24/89) ¦ 90mins

6.80 - Wilfred Ndidi (21/89) ¦ 90mins

6.72 - Lucas Tousart (21/88) ¦ 79mins
6.38 - Santiago Arias (26/89) ¦ 22mins
6.36 - Evan N'dicka (19/78) ¦ 79mins
6.27 - Piotr Zielinski (24/90) ¦ 90mins
6.27 - Dayot Upamecano (19/89) ¦ 90mins
6.27 - Gianluigi Donnarumma (19/89) ¦ 90mins
n/a - Sandro Tonali (18/80) ¦ 90mins
n/a - Svetozar Markovic (18/80) ¦ 90mins

n/a - Gian-Luca Itter (19/77) ¦ 90mins
n/a - Kaj Sierhuis (20/73) ¦ 90mins
n/a - Victor Jensen (18/73) ¦ 90mins

n/a - Mitchel Bakker (18/70) ¦ 90mins
n/a - Nicolas Kuhn (18/70) ¦ 60mins

Didn't Play:
Bench

Nacho Fernandez (28/90)
Rodrigo Bentancur (20/88)
Munir el Haddadi (22/87)
Nicolas Gonzalez (20/83)
Moise Kean (18/82)
Claudio Spinelli (21/80)
Marco Tumminello (19/80)
Man Utd Morlanes (19/76)
Moussa Diaby (19/75)

U21
Pontus Dahlberg (19/82)
Viktor Gyokeres (20/78)
Eddie Nketiah (19/78)
Alanzinho (18/75)
Gustavo Viera (17/72)
Riqui Puig (19/70)
Vitao (18/70)
Lamine Diaby (17/70)
Pablo Moreno (16/67)

Not in the squad
Victor Moses (27/90)
Federico Valverde (20/83)
Hannes Wolf (19/83)
Borna Sosa (20/82)
Dan-Axel Zagadou (19/80)

Injured
Nikola Moro (20/83)
Abdulkadir Omur (19/82)
Alessandro Bastoni (19/77)
Dujon Sterling (18/73)

Suspended

No Match
Yeray Alvarez (23/87)
Lenny Pintor (18/70)

Summary:
Players: 52
Played Ratio: 48%
Average Mins: 83mins
Average Rating: 7.16
Goals: 5
Assists: 4
Yellows: 4
Reds: 0
GS where and how do you get all this info?

Damien

Staff
GS where and how do you get all this info?
whoscored.com - the ratings etc are from there

Think @RedSky was the one who started doing it and I copied but we both got bored of it after a few weeks. greeny's been doing it consistently for years now.

I use a spreadsheet these days (Luke third!) and only track league minutes.

The Taurean

looks like a chipmunk
Nothing is so common as the wish to be remarkable.
Ravelation of Ipswich Town
''An exciting new Manager, with the skill to match his gusto''

I've been a devout part of the RedCafe lurkers since 2011, I challenge you to find another member with as little post counts in 7 years. One could say, I am the Lurker.
A full member, plus a Tag line that screams ''Chat sh*t get banged", or ''Once had a meltdown in a thread about dancing'', I'll let you lot figure out which one.

I've played SoccerManager many moons ago, and have always been itching to play again, but don't have the friends to do so, (because they don't play football manager games, Not because I'm lonely.
I've got quite a high reputation on SM, (deity), and fully comprehend the ins and outs of what it takes to manage a title winning squad.
In all honesty I'm not sure I could convince you all of my right to the City throne over Sir Wino, or Gaz. They've both been in the league far longer than I have, they've both demonstrated dedication and perseverance, and probably have great relationships with the rest of the managers in the league.
But, saying that, I don't feel I need to prove myself in comparison to longevity otherwise this would be a pretty easy vote and Gaz would win.
This is an election, in which every candidate deserves and equal chance to manage City, it's not something that we should be able to walk into on the back of past glory, or the lack of. It's equally not something which we should attain because of how many friends we have in the league, but rather a vote that should be earned via our appeal.

This league does not need another manager, playing the traditional timid approach of buying low, investing lengthily, and selling timidly, It needs a revelation (all sorts of puns intended).
I'm a manager who promises to be daring and risky, I won't just sit on a perfectly fine squad of players and bide my time to do anything with the team.
I've built upon a solid core at Ipswich, and was truthfully aiming to win Div 2 this coming season. If I attain the City job, I'd be aiming to win Div 1, In my first season, and though a lot may see it as unrealistic, considering the squads in Div 1, I promise it's well within my skillset, I've already beaten a full strength Everton side in a friendly, and have yet to lose my first game.
I promise fireworks with City, and whoever inherits the Ipswich squad can count on the same.
And if I'm yet to still convince you of my credentials, my potential success or my appetite for this Position, I present to you, my secret weapon.
Enjoy.

Your next Div 1 Title Winner,
and sincerely,
Ravelation.
:lol: Good man.

Now I want to keep you at Ipswich and lead them to Div1.:devil:

green_smiley

:lol:
Supports
#Justice4Wang!
whoscored.com - the ratings etc are from there

Think @RedSky was the one who started doing it and I copied but we both got bored of it after a few weeks. greeny's been doing it consistently for years now.

I use a spreadsheet these days (Luke third!) and only track league minutes.
Been doing it since Sep 2015

Only Gomez, Bentancur and Donnarumma remain until today. Had Kehrer way back then

Good times

gaz1185

:lol: In some weird way, I'm glad we're not voting, because this is difficult.
Your list of honours and taking the dons to the SMFA shield in 5 seasons? Incredible.
Good luck to you and Wino, I'm not sure who i'd put my money on. This definitely has become quite entertaining to say the least.
Agreed, from a neutral perspective it would definitely be a tough one to vote on this. It was 8 seasons to the SMFA Shield, 5 to get into Division 1 :nervous::lol:

@Damien & @green_smiley Kidderminster are within the FFP limit now.

green_smiley

:lol:
Supports
#Justice4Wang!
Leagues that have been reviewed

1. Romania (Apr)
  2. Croatia (Apr)
  3. Poland (Apr)
  4. Serbia (Apr)
  5. Denmark (May)
  6. France (May)
  7. Italy (May)