Gaming The SM RedCafe League

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
@Wino1
Will look into this later
Though it is likely I won't win any of my bids
Yes, it's unlikely you will win several bids but surely you see how unfair it is to others by make several bids even though you probably won't exceed your squad cap? Whether you exceed your cap or not doesn't matter, it's the unfair advantage you gain by making several bids that would still get you the ban. Maybe you're fine with that and there's no problem in that.

Varun

Staff
Injuries piling up. James first and now Kane gone who was scoring all my goals :nervous:

Wino1

So because someone withdrew in time, they are ok, however I’m not because I didn’t, and still haven’t gone over FFP?

The Stain

And where does it say what I did was wrong?
If you can't see how it's wrong then there's no hope for you. I've been waiting for these players to pop up for a long time and some people use these fecking tactics to gain an unfair advantage. I wanted to bid on all 4 but couldn't. In Fulham's case he won a player by doing this shit. It could have been you. I know Damo was going to withdraw a bid but clearly forgot. I'm sure he'll take it on the chin, as should you.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
It's been part of the rules since the very start @Wino1

See bullet point 4.

FFP Jan 19th Report:

Rules:
  • A club may not have a squad larger than his Max Squad limit.
  • Loaned In players will count to your squad size.
  • If your squad size exceeds your limit, your club will be banned from transferring any players in to the club. This includes P/E deals.
  • If you reach your squad cap, you may sign players but any deals would require 1 player in and 1 player out to ensure you remain on your squad cap
  • The Squad Cap is determined by the clubs stadium size. 10k-20k = 60 ¦ 20k-30k = 55 ¦ 30k-40k = 50 ¦ 40k+ = 45
Still waiting a decision on retiring players ruling.

Arsenal, Manchester United, Nottingham Forest are all STILL Transfer Banned.

------------------------------------------------------

Max Squad 45 Players
Manchester United - TB'D 63 Players
Arsenal - TB'D 50 Players

Newcastle United - 44 Players
Sunderland - 43 Players
Manchester City - 30 Players
Liverpool - 41 Players
Aston Villa - 39 Players
Chelsea - 42 Players
Everton - 31 Players

Max Squad 50 Players
Tottenham Hotspur - 35 Players
Southampton - 37 Players
Blackburn Rovers - 31 Players

NOTTINGHAM FOREST - TB'D 55 Players*
Milton Keynes Dons - 31 Players
Ipswich Town - 43 Players

Max Squad 55 Players
Bolton Wanderers - 37 Players
West Bromwich Albion - 22 Players
Fulham - 34 Players
Darlington 1883 - 48 Players
Reading - 54 Players
Queens Park Rangers - 24 Players

Max Squad 60 Players

*Due to Malanda's car crash fatality Forest have been given a -1 to their squad cap until he has officially retired. Forest have agreed not to use Malanda for the remainder of the season.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I'm also pretty sure this subject came up a few years back and we made a ruling that you can only bid on players that allows you to comply to your FFP. I.E. You can't bid on 5 players if you've got 1 FFP space left. I'll see if I can find the discussion if this becomes an issue.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Ah balls, thought I had included Callegari in one of the offers. Hadn't been on all day or I would have withdrawn. Was 1 under squad cap and had three bids in. Two were pure cash and one had Dimitriou in. One of the cash ones was meant to have Callegari in.

• Mciahel Goodman - 7th August 2018 to 7th September 2018 - 1st violation
  • Cassady - 4th September 2018 to 4th October 2018 - 1st violation
  • Dans - 13th September 2018 to 13th October 2018 - 1st violation
  • Damien - 24th September 2018 to 24th October 2018 - 1st violation
  • Wino1 - 24th September 2018 to 24th October 2018 - 1st violation
  • infamous7 - 24th September 2018 to 24th October 2018 - 1st violation

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Ah balls, thought I had included Callegari in one of the offers. Hadn't been on all day or I would have withdrawn. Was 1 under squad cap and had three bids in. Two were pure cash and one had Dimitriou in. One of the cash ones was meant to have Callegari in.

• Mciahel Goodman - 7th August 2018 to 7th September 2018 - 1st violation
  • Cassady - 4th September 2018 to 4th October 2018 - 1st violation
  • Dans - 13th September 2018 to 13th October 2018 - 1st violation
  • Damien - 24th September 2018 to 24th October 2018 - 1st violation
  • Wino1 - 24th September 2018 to 24th October 2018 - 1st violation
  • infamous7 - 24th September 2018 to 24th October 2018 - 1st violation
I think only Dimitriou was included in your offers Damo.

Damien

Staff
I think only Dimitriou was included in your offers Damo.
Yes, that is what I said. Two were pure cash and one had Dimitriou. Just checked and Callegari was too expensive to be included in any offer but would have put Dele-Bashiru in instead if I came on in time. Wasn't intentional.

Varun

Staff
I had recently sold Ramirez for cash to @2mufc0 because I wanted in on a bidding war and ended up not even landing the player.

Agree with Stain here, has to be bans for all those whose bids were breaching ffp.

Wino1

It's been part of the rules since the very start @Wino1

See bullet point 4.
  • If you reach your squad cap, you may sign players but any deals would require 1 player in and 1 player out to ensure you remain on your squad cap
Am I still missing something? because I haven’t reached my squad cap.

Varun

Staff
How is that different from participating in a transfer war for 1 player while on your squad cap as point 4 of RSs post stated?

Wino1

How is that different from participating in a transfer war for 1 player while on your squad cap as point 4 of RSs post stated?
How is it not? I never worded the rules, I simply abide by them.

I refer to my analogy on SM, I haven’t gone over my FFP, I haven’t broken any of the rules including ‘bullet point 4’, I haven’t broken any rules which are o. Page 1 and I haven’t broken any rules that are included in any random thread mark.

I wonder what punishment I’ll receive for the next rule that appears from page 612 or page 38 or page 673.

Varun

Staff
How is it not? I never worded the rules, I simply abide by them.

I refer to my analogy on SM, I haven’t gone over my FFP, I haven’t broken any of the rules including ‘bullet point 4’, I haven’t broken any rules which are o. Page 1 and I haven’t broken any rules that are included in any random thread mark.

I wonder what punishment I’ll receive for the next rule that appears from page 612 or page 38 or page 673.
I'm sure you're smart enough to know the answer so I'm going to assume you get it but are still arguing because of the technicality. If you genuinely don't get it though, do say so and I'll explain.

The Stain

Alright, i've calmed down now and believe it or not, i'd rather people weren't transfer banned and upset. I would've much rather had a better chance of landing one of the players.

It's clear people have been doing this for a long time. Was probably naive of me to not wise up to this fact earlier. No wonder Fulham and Southend have won all the good talents ;)

Looking objectively at it: it's a loophole and "smart" in the way that, when doing it, the chances of actually exceeding the squad cap is low in the bidding wars where lots of people have bid. Fact is though, it gives the dirty tricksters who are doing it an unfair advantage over us proper, angelic, law abiding citizens.

Since it hasn't actually been in the rules yet (it fecking will be now) and people haven't been punished for it before, i'd be willing to give people a pass this last time. What say yee amazing hoomans that are just amazing and in agreement with me @RedSky @Varun @christy87 etc?

PS. The lengths @Wino1 has gone to defend this loophole/cheating is almost admirable.

Varun

Staff
Oh and let's not pretend you didn't know you cant place bids that take you over the FFP limit. There's taking the piss and there's that.

I dont even know who these 4 guys in question are but this is as funny/odd as when someone recently went "what's ffp" in SM chat after being pulled up for breaking it.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
But yeah, no more bullshit folks. I'll make sure the rules are water tight, in the OP. Threadmarked and posted in the Gameworld Chat. Anyone who breaks them from now on will get several books thrown at their heads.

Varun

Staff
Alright, i've calmed down now and believe it or not, i'd rather people weren't transfer banned and upset. I would've much rather had a better chance of landing one of the players.

It's clear people have been doing this for a long time. Was probably naive of me to not wise up to this fact earlier. No wonder Fulham and Southend have won all the good talents ;)

Looking objectively at it: it's a loophole and "smart" in the way that, when doing it, the chances of actually exceeding the squad cap is low in the bidding wars where lots of people have bid. Fact is though, it gives the dirty tricksters who are doing it an unfair advantage over us proper, angelic, law abiding citizens.

Since it hasn't actually been in the rules yet (it fecking will be now) and people haven't been punished for it before, i'd be willing to give people a pass this last time. What say yee amazing hoomans that are just amazing and in agreement with me @RedSky @Varun @christy87 etc?

PS. The lengths @Wino1 has gone to defend this loophole/cheating is almost admirable.
What is the loophole here?

The rule says don't bid on a player if you're at FFP unless you're doing a p/ex. Are we going to pretend anyone here is dumb enough not to understand that it also means don't bid on 2 players if both offers are p/ex, don't bid on 3 players, if all 3 are p/ex?

As I said, I don't even know who these 4 amazeballs players are but it's quite shit for people to act this naive. Everyone knows the FFP rule.

Wino1

Quite enjoyed this, why have you calmed down :rolleyes: lol.

Anyways, I knew full well what I was doing. The loophole was there to be exploited.

I don’t think I’ve done it before and probably wouldn’t have had there not been 4 players that I wanted added on the same day.

Wouldn’t mind sticking to the ban if that’s what everyone wanted, just felt the need to show that the rules weren’t water tight.

Also to clarify, I wouldn’t call it cheating. It was actually quite clever.

Still ended up with nothing and still have room for one more :D.

@RedSky if I’m not banned and you are serious about a FB let me know, Conti returns next month (finally/hopefully). Weiser, Odriozola, Conti, Spinazzola, Aaron Martin, Amavi, Durmisi, Pedraza & Dagba is a little overkill and wouldn’t mind moving a few on.​

Damien

Staff
2:0 win over Darren Bent's Barcelona, playing a centre midfield of Kimmich and Christensen. Pep would be proud.

De Gea (95)

Stones (90) Ramos (95)⚽⭐ Alaba (93) Roberto (91)
Kimmich (92) Christensen (90)
Isco (93) Kroos (95) Griezmann (95)
Mbappe (92)⚽

Subs: Gaya (90), Boateng (94), Eriksen (93), Pogba (93)➕, Goretzka (91), Dele (92), Sterling (92)
Did not travel: Brandt (90), Martial (90)

Key:
⚽ = Goal
➕ = Assist
⭐ = MOTM
= Subbed off
= Subbed on

Next three games:
LCR1: Bolton Wanderers (H)
MD06: Liverpool (H)
MD07: Fulham (H)

green_smiley

:lol:
Supports
#Justice4Wang!
Leagues that have been reviewed

1. Romania (Apr)
  2. Croatia (Apr)
  3. Poland (Apr)
  4. Serbia (Apr)
  5. Denmark (May)
  6. France (May)
  7. Italy (May)
  8. Germany (May)
  9. England (May)
  10. Spain (May)
  11. Brazil (Jun)
  12. Australia (Jun)
  13. USA (Jun)
  14. Argentina (Jul)
  15. Japan (Jul)
  16. Colombia (Jul)
  17. England Championship (Aug)
  18. Netherlands (Aug)
  19. Turkey (Sep)
  20. Portugal (Sep)
  21. Russia (Sep)
  22. Ukraine (Oct)
  23. Belgium (Oct)
  24. Czech Republic (Oct)
  25. Australia (Oct)
  26. Croatia (Oct)
  27. Greece (Oct)
  28. Austria (Oct)
  29. Romania (Oct)
  30. Denmark (Nov)
  31. Poland (Nov)
  32. Scotland (Nov)
  33. Serbia (Nov)
  34. France Ligue 2 (Nov)
  35. Germany 2. Bundesliga (Nov)
  36. Italy Serie B (Nov)
  37. Spain Segunda Div (Dec)
  38. France (Dec)
  39. Italy (Dec)
  40. Germany (Dec)
  41. England (Dec)

1. Spain (Jan)
  2. Mexico (Jan)
  3. Colombia (Feb)
  4. Chile (Feb)
  5. Uruguay (Feb)
  6. Netherlands (Feb)
  7. Portugal (Mar)
  8. Japan (Mar)
  9. USA (Mar)
  10. China (Mar)
  11. South Korea (Mar)
  12. Argentina (Mar)
  13. Sweden (Apr)
  14. Brazil (Apr)
  15. Norway (Apr)
  16. Turkey (Apr)
  17. England Championship (May)
  18. Germany (May)
  19. France (May)
  20. England (May)
  21. Spain (May)
  22. Italy (May)
  23. Russia (Jun)
  24. Sweden (Jun)
  25. Belgium (Jun)
  26. Greece (Jul)
  27. Czech Republic (Jul)
  28. Switzerland (Jul)
  29. China (Jul)
  30. Austria (Jul)
  31. Denmark (Aug)
  32. Croatia (Aug)
  33. Poland (Aug)
  34. Romania (Aug)
  35. Scotland (Aug)
  36. China League One (Aug)
  37. English League One (Aug)
  38. English League Two (Sep)
  39. English Conference (Sep)
  40. Serbia (Oct)
  41. Australia (Oct)
  42. France Ligue 2 (Oct)
  43. Germany 2. Bundesliga (Oct)
  44. Italy Serie B (Nov)
  45. Spain Segunda Div (Nov)
  46. France (Nov)
  47. Germany (Nov)
  48. Italy (Nov)
  49. England (Nov)
  50. Spain (Dec)
  51. Brazil (Dec)
  52. Sweden (Dec)

1. Mexico (Jan)
  2. Uruguay (Jan)
  3. Argentina (Jan)
  4. Chile (Feb)
  5. Colombia (Feb)
  6. South Korea (Mar)
  7. Japan (Mar)
  8. Netherlands (Mar)
  9. Portugal (Mar)
  10. Turkey (Mar)
  11. USA (Apr)
  12. Russia (Apr)
  13. Belgium (Apr)
  14. Ukraine (Apr)
  15. Austria (Apr)
  16. Switzerland (Apr)
  17. Czech Republic (May)
  18. Greece (May)
  19. England Championship (May)
  20. Germany (May)
  21. France (Jun)
  22. England (Jun)
  23. Italy (Jun)
  24. Spain (Jun)
  25. Croatia (Jun)
  26. Norway (Jul)
  27. Sweden (Jul)
  28. Denmark (Jul)
  29. Scotland (Jul)
  30. Poland (Jul)
  31. Serbia (Aug)
  32. France Ligue 2 (Sep)
  33. Spain Segunda Div (Sep)
  34. Germany 2. Bundesliga (Sep)
On-going: Italy Serie B

harshad

Play the odds, not the man - Poor man's Harvey
Scout
On a long road that returns to Old Trafford!!!
What is the loophole here?
The loophole is that when you are below FFP there is nothing stopping you to bid. It would only be a breach of FFP once the bids are accepted and accordingly you go above FFP. Seems like Wino's team wasn't or rather isn't breaching FFP as of now but if the 4 bids go through then he will be in breach of FFP and should be punished accordingly.

Last edited: