Gaming The SM RedCafe League

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Liverpool are still over FFP so he'll need to sell at least one player for cash before doing any transfer business (not that he can buy anyone right now for cash as they're in the red).

Varun

Staff
To be fair you announced it as a draft and so regardless people are now expecting it and have made preparations for one.
You can buy him back unopposed if you want given you sold him only because of the draft which isn't happening anymore.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
You can buy him back unopposed if you want given you sold him only because of the draft which isn't happening anymore.
I haven’t sold anyone...

I do however think it’s best in future that once a draft is on this thread it’s live.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
I think people got a little over excited is all. Just wait for the draft to be confirmed before selling players.
Is the below not confirming it? I just sympathise with anyone who did sell unnecessarily as it appeared to be announced to me.
DRAFT (LIVERPOOL)

# of players available: 30 (due to minimum squad size of 21, loans not included)

Rules
  1. Refer to "Draft Order"
  2. 12 hours per pick, starts now. Miss out means you relinquish your pick
  3. Declare your pick, then bid (doesn't have to wait until draft is finished)
  4. Inform the next person in draft order
  5. Cash only. No P/E
    • Squad value <100m: 1.1x FV
    • Squad value 100m-200m: 1.3x FV
    • Squad value 200m-400m: 1.5x FV
    • Squad value >400m: 2x FV
  6. You can skip if you want to, and/or if you are unable to bid (skipping in advance is encouraged)
  7. Must comply with FFP
  8. NEW: Bid must be made within two weeks of your pick otherwise you forfeit the player
  9. After draft is completed, Damien will check if rules are followed before accepting those bids
  10. After all bids have gone through, Damien will withdraw from Liverpool
Draft Order
Charlton Athletic - £111.2M
Leyton Orient - £121.9M
Sheffield Utd - £161.2M
Reading - £183.8M
Mansfield Town - £189.3M
Queens Park Rangers - £192.3M
Bury - £195.8M
Ipswich Town - £241.7M
MK Dons - £245.4M
Blackburn Rovers - £256.6M
Plymouth Argyle - £267.0M
Derby County - £279.5M
Bristol City - £282.7M
Hereford - £284.1M
Barnsley - £289.4M
Tottenham - £299.3M
Southampton - £299.4M (transfer banned)
Bournemouth - £318.8M (transfer banned)
Norwich City - £319.4M
Cardiff City - £319.6M
Chelsea - £346.0M
Middlesbrough - £348.6M
Fulham - £357.9M
Newcastle Utd - £362.7M
Darlington - £380.5M
Aston Villa - £403.9M
Manchester City - £422.0M
Wolves - £424.7M
Sunderland - £435.8M
Southend Utd - £493.3M
Nottingham Forest - £540.4M
Arsenal - £544.7M
Everton - £648.3M
Manchester Utd - £744.9M

@Panther first to pick.

Damien

Staff
Of course I drop points to Liverpool :rolleyes: 2:2 draw despite them having 2 shots on target and me having 7. Next up: more dropped points against Leeds.

De Gea (93)

Christensen (90) Ramos (95) Kimmich (94) Alaba (93)⚽
Goretzka (91) Kroos (95)
Mbappe (94) -- Dele (92)⚽ -- Sterling (94)➕
Griezmann (95)➕⭐

Subs: Boateng (91), Gaya (91), Kovacic (91), Eriksen (94), Pogba (93), Brandt (91), Sancho (91)
Did not travel: Stones (91), Retsos (87), Vinicius Jr (87)

Key:
⚽ = Goal
➕ = Assist
⭐ = MOTM
= Subbed off
= Subbed on

Next three games:
MD23: Leeds United (A)
LSQF: Mansfield Town (A)
MD24: Nottingham Forest (H)

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Call a draft officially, making people sell players, then cancel the draft to allow a Manager to take over... then not actually start the draft.

Cmon guys, do this shit properly please. It's unfair on everyone else.

gaz1185

Call a draft officially, making people sell players, then cancel the draft to allow a Manager to take over... then not actually start the draft.

Cmon guys, do this shit properly please. It's unfair on everyone else.
They have two weeks to raise the funds and there's no guarantee you're going to get the player you want anyway. If you sold a player before the draft or your pick then you only have yourself to blame imo.

Desperation for calling drafts in this league is ridiculous, shows how dead the GW market is.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Desperation for calling drafts in this league is ridiculous, shows how dead the GW market is.
You could always sell a few players. :)

The top division 1 lads seem to horde the 89+ players to the point where the rest of us poor saps have to fight for scraps and the only way to pick some up is via drafts, so yeah it's our only source of picking them up tbf.

Damien

Staff
Or the two worst offenders for player hording (Manchester United and Manchester City) :p
Oi. I have one of the fewest players in the league, and arguably I help redistribute players as Mansfield would attest to. One of the early people in the draft could do with taking a leaf out of their book recruitmentwise as it could set them up for years.

Damien

Staff
Also, a problem I have is whenever it looks like I'm okay in a position (LB and RB), the main starting players end up being played in other positions on real life - Alaba at CB, Kimmich at DM - which screws me over. So I have to have 3/4 players to be safe.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Oi. I have one of the fewest players in the league, and arguably I help redistribute players as Mansfield would attest to. One of the early people in the draft could do with taking a leaf out of their book recruitmentwise as it could set them up for years.
I don't have an issue with hording, it's part of the game. But at the same time, i've been both a decent team (Forest) and a weak team (Hereford) for a considerable amount of time now and I understand the issue from both sides of the coin. It's part of the reason why I forced FFP Caps on the game when I was at Forest and I certainly didn't have an issue with drafts. I think it's a vital tool for the Gameworld.

Club89 and Above
Manchester United24
Manchester City23
Wolves20
Arsenal20
Everton20
Sunderland20
Nottingham Forest20
Barnsley19
Newcastle19
Liverpool18
Darlington18
AFC Bournemouth17
Cardiff16
Norwich15
Plymouth15
Southampton15
Southend15
Tottenham14
Aston Villa14
Middlesbrough14
Milton Keynes13
Chelsea13
Fulham13
Hereford13
Derby12
Blackburn12
Ipswich12
Reading12
Mansfield11
Bristol City9
West Ham7
Bury6
Sheffield United6
Leeds6
Crystal Palace1
Watford1
Burnley0
Stoke City0
Birmingham0
Swansea0

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Also, a problem I have is whenever it looks like I'm okay in a position (LB and RB), the main starting players end up being played in other positions on real life - Alaba at CB, Kimmich at DM - which screws me over. So I have to have 3/4 players to be safe.
I'd love to be in the situation where I could have 2 players for each position. :p

I can barely field a semi decent first eleven. heh.

Damien

Staff
I don't have an issue with hording, it's part of the game. But at the same time, i've been both a decent team (Forest) and a weak team (Hereford) for a considerable amount of time now and I understand the issue from both sides of the coin. It's part of the reason why I forced FFP Caps on the game when I was at Forest and I certainly didn't have an issue with drafts. I think it's a vital tool for the Gameworld.
I've got five of them loaned out, mainly to sides who wouldn't have been able to afford the players outright and until the Sancho deal, I had an informal agreement with sides that if I didn't want the loaned out player anymore, they'd get first choice once they're able to raise the money. I understand how hard it is for some sides, and simply they can't afford some of these players in the first place that I've nurtured from wee babies. The loans are invaluable to them, and I try not to be excessive in the players I keep. I'll likely be selling another one or two once the season is over.

The Taurean

looks like a chipmunk
Nothing is so common as the wish to be remarkable.
I've got five of them loaned out, mainly to sides who wouldn't have been able to afford the players outright and until the Sancho deal, I had an informal agreement with sides that if I didn't want the loaned out player anymore, they'd get first choice once they're able to raise the money. I understand how hard it is for some sides, and simply they can't afford some of these players in the first place that I've nurtured from wee babies. The loans are invaluable to them, and I try not to be excessive in the players I keep. I'll likely be selling another one or two once the season is over.
Don't see any need for justification. You have managed your squad well over years.

Damien

Staff
Don't see any need for justification. You have managed your squad well over years.
Thanks. It isn't easy. The other day I was reminded of a part exchange deal I did for Dele Alli in 2017. Ozil (28/94) and Dier (23/91) for Dele (21/91). Now their age/ratings are:
Ozil (31/90)
Dier (26/89)
Dele (23/92)

Another deal a few months later. My Mario Gotze (25/92) for Tierney (20/86), Zakaria (20/85) and £30M. Now their age/ratings are:
Gotze (27/89)
Tierney (22/87)
Zakaria (23/90)

Important thing is knowing the right time to sell. Doesn't always work out but I've got no regrets about those two deals.

gaz1185

You could always sell a few players. :)

The top division 1 lads seem to horde the 89+ players to the point where the rest of us poor saps have to fight for scraps and the only way to pick some up is via drafts, so yeah it's our only source of picking them up tbf.
Had quite a few players 89+ on the market for a while now, nothing happens. There's just no attraction for me to sell nor for someone to buy it would seem. So it's not a case of hording, I'd just rather keep what I have (mostly inherited too may we add) than take on below average players or cash.

Also, since I've taken over City I've sold 3x 93, 2x 92 and a 91 rated player for players with lesser ratings.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Had quite a few players 89+ on the market for a while now, nothing happens. There's just no attraction for me to sell nor for someone to buy it would seem. So it's not a case of hording, I'd just rather keep what I have (mostly inherited too may we add) than take on below average players or cash.

Also, since I've taken over City I've sold 3x 93, 2x 92 and a 91 rated player for players with lesser ratings.
Agree I've got a couple of 90+ up for PE, granted one of them is getting on but he's gonna stay 90+ for a couple of seasons yet. Haven't had any offers.