Gaming The SM RedCafe League

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Updated this with there being a few big deals since (Pjanic, Aguero, Alonso, Schulz, Oblak, De Gea, Dele, Vertonghen etc)

Division 1 clubs ranked in order of avg. first XI rating (takes 10 strongest outfield players regardless of position + keeper)

RankTeamAvg. RatingStrongest Player*# 90+
1​
Manchester United​
93.9 (+0.1)​
Antoine Griezmann (95)​
21 (-1)​
2​
Everton​
93.5​
Neymar (96)​
16​
3 (⌃1)​
Liverpool​
92.9 (+0.4)​
Kevin De Bruyne (96)​
13​
4 (⌄1)​
Nottingham Forest​
92.6​
Robert Lewandowski (96)​
16​
5 (⌃3)​
Newcastle United​
92.1 (+0.2)​
Gerard Pique (94)​
15​
6​
Arsenal​
92​
Eden Hazard (95)​
15​
=​
Aston Villa​
92​
Lionel Messi (99)​
11​
8​
Darlington​
91.9​
Thiago Alcantara (94)​
13​
9 (⌃1)​
Fulham​
91.4​
Raphael Varane (94)​
10​
10 (⌃2)​
Cardiff City​
91.3 (+0.2)​
Luis Suarez (94)​
13 (+1)​
11​
Middlesbrough​
91.2​
Mats Hummels (93)​
15 (-1)​
12​
Sunderland​
91.1​
Mauro Icardi (93)​
16​
13 (⌃1)​
Bristol City​
91​
Cristiano Ronaldo (98)​
9​
= (⌄8)​
Manchester City​
91 (-1.2)​
Marco Reus (93)​
12 (-1)​
= (⌃1)​
Southend United​
91​
Andy Robertson (93)​
11​
16​
Wolverhampton Wanderers​
90.9​
N'golo Kante (94)​
15 (+2)​
17​
Southampton​
90.8​
Saul Niguez (93)​
10​
18​
Bournemouth​
90.7​
Alexandre Lacazette (92)​
11​
19​
Hereford​
90.3​
Marcelo Brozovic (92)​
6​
20​
Ipswich Town​
90​
John Stones (91)​
9​

*in case of multiple players on same rating, uses first alphabetically

Ravelation

Krump at me Bro
Still think a decrease of FFP for all teams would kinda solve the issue here, i've got 54 players at Ipswich, and it's not even a struggle, In Div 1 i should be weighing up the balance of having rotation and prospects.
I've got complete rotation and a plethora of young prospects.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
One thing we could argue is if someone claimed they did the natural road to glory, but in fact doesn't

In fairness, we are trying to get more people to join to make the GW more competitive. One way is draft, which "dismantles" a club but leaves it with enough cash for new manager to work with. Most recent example is Kidderminster, whom the manager takes advantage of cash pool he has to rebuild his team, starting from Div 4

Even so, the key difference is transparency. We have a good idea of how much additional cash the club has
So by declaring any form of "buyback" or "financial aid", would discourage "player parking". At the very least, anyone could question the deal if it does not look right
See I’d be fine with it being transparent and tracked but maybe the players who are “sold” should be included like the loan system?

If it stays with it being declared I think then GK swapping should be allowed for 88 and below under the same rules. You can swap but has to be declared etc because for all intents and purposes the functions are the same clubs benefit from a temporary sale which is then reversed.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Still think a decrease of FFP for all teams would kinda solve the issue here, i've got 54 players at Ipswich, and it's not even a struggle, In Div 1 i should be weighing up the balance of having rotation and prospects.
To be fair I wouldn’t have a problem with us dropping FFP lower? How does everyone else feel?

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
FFP is fine imo, I find my self having to sell some good talents now and then as I don't have space. Even sold some 90+ players because of it.

Dom Gill

I have stayed relatively quiet in all of this for a number of reasons but partly because I could not be bothered to read the emotional threads on the SM Gameworld.

Now it has calmed down a tiny bit I thought I would comment.

I started Barnsley in season 9...in 2015, before money was meaningless. I did no deals in the early part of my tenure that meant buy back clauses until I was promoted into div 1. The deal then was Mandzukic with a buy back clauses at the end of the season. I was happy to sell back or keep, which in the end I was allowed to keep him.

Now I am not sure if this classes as player parking at the time, admittedly he was not a youth player.

I would also point out the talent in the youth squad at Barnsley, Kubo, Mount, Martinelli (still amazed noone else bid), to name a few on top of Alexander Arnold and Rodrygo at one point. There is always talent somewhere it is just difficult to find them. The reason the latter two are both not there now was it took a couple of seasons to secure a bigger stadium therefore to stay in the black I sold for money and a player, which I was happy to do as it this is part and parcel of the game. Staying in the black is crucial if you want to challenge for the new youth potential stars, if you over spend then tough.

The one thing though that I would like to point out is the Italian loan system for youth players.

2 clubs own a player. One pays for them to go to their club and at the end of a specified period of time both clubs blind bid. If the player is going to be a star then the big club always wins. If however the big club has got someone better in the position then they can opt as a fee of 0 and default the player to the other club. Now this may not happen now and is a memory from my old Champ Man days but this to me sounds like what we are debating not doing...unless I have misread the bits I could be bothered to read (apologies if this is the case).

I have never done one of these deals and likely never will so I honestly don't give a sh*t either way, but I would really like this to be over soon....please, for my sanity.

Dom Gill

Also I think Ffp should be a bit lower, as 52 for Everton with a 45000ish stadium just seems too high, but God knows what the limit should be, maybe 45....but meh, don't really care either way as long as there is a limit.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
I have stayed relatively quiet in all of this for a number of reasons but partly because I could not be bothered to read the emotional threads on the SM Gameworld.

I started Barnsley in season 9...in 2015, before money was meaningless. I did no deals in the early part of my tenure that meant buy back clauses until I was promoted into div 1. The deal then was Mandzukic with a buy back clauses at the end of the season. I was happy to sell back or keep, which in the end I was allowed to keep him.

Now I am not sure if this classes as player parking at the time, admittedly he was not a youth player.

I would also point out the talent in the youth squad at Barnsley, Kubo, Mount, Martinelli (still amazed noone else bid), to name a few on top of Alexander Arnold and Rodrygo at one point. There is always talent somewhere it is just difficult to find them. The reason the latter two are both not there now was it took a couple of seasons to secure a bigger stadium therefore to stay in the black I sold for money and a player, which I was happy to do as it this is part and parcel of the game. Staying in the black is crucial if you want to challenge for the new youth potential stars, if you over spend then tough.

The one thing though that I would like to point out is the Italian loan system for youth players.

2 clubs own a player. One pays for them to go to their club and at the end of a specified period of time both clubs blind bid. If the player is going to be a star then the big club always wins. If however the big club has got someone better in the position then they can opt as a fee of 0 and default the player to the other club. Now this may not happen now and is a memory from my old Champ Man days but this to me sounds like what we are debating not doing...unless I have misread the bits I could be bothered to read (apologies if this is the case).

I have never done one of these deals and likely never will so I honestly don't give a sh*t either way, but I would really like this to be over soon....please, for my sanity.

Money isn’t meaningless it just depends who you are after. It should be very important to clubs like your Barnsley who started with nothing so surely when in Division 5 that should be the challenge?

You make a great point there is always talent coming through and it’s about scouting and finding that talent. You don’t win them all but eventually you get lucky recent example for me Fabio Silva etc

It may surprise but I equally don’t mind either way as long as there is consistency and logic behind why we say it’s ok or not. I can’t see the logic in arguing for example that this is the good kind of player parking whereas as GK concern swap is bad? Both serve the purpose to artificially improve a clubs situation. So I guess it comes down to are we ok with paid loans (but back clauses etc)?

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Also I think Ffp should be a bit lower, as 52 for Everton with a 45000ish stadium just seems too high, but God knows what the limit should be, maybe 45....but meh, don't really care either way as long as there is a limit.
45 seems a fair enough point

First 11
Back up 11
And 23 prospects/or depth of your choosing
Surely enough for anyone?

green_smiley

:lol:
Supports
#Justice4Wang!
In fact player concern swap should be a no, and not just limited to GK. It is just that GK's concern is harsher than outfield players
In general, if you could not give player enough game time and he develops concern, then you should consider selling him outright, preferably to other who needs him more

Currently FFP is relative to stadium size, again with intention to help out smaller clubs, so that they can raise cash by trading risers. E.g. if Cardiff's new FFP is 45, then Utd's FFP should be less (e.g. 40)
That been said, we have been profiting for few seasons now, from Spurs' Wembley stadium which never gets filled (90K capacity)

The Taurean

looks like a chipmunk
Nothing is so common as the wish to be remarkable.
To be fair I wouldn’t have a problem with us dropping FFP lower? How does everyone else feel?
I am against it.
What keeps me invested is buying and planning for youth players getting into first team years down the line. I usually target 25 players for first team squad with one team(90+) for league and another for cup games(85-90) with some subs accounting for injuries. Rest i invest in youth. Out of these some are long term projects, some are transitional players for generating finances and rest are gambles. But usually there is a fair numbers of players bought and sold.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
In fact player concern swap should be a no, and not just limited to GK. It is just that GK's concern is harsher than outfield players
In general, if you could not give player enough game time and he develops concern, then you should consider selling him outright, preferably to other who needs him more

Currently FFP is relative to stadium size, again with intention to help out smaller clubs, so that they can raise cash by trading risers. E.g. if Cardiff's new FFP is 45, then Utd's FFP should be less (e.g. 40)
That been said, we have been profiting for few seasons now, from Spurs' Wembley stadium which never gets filled (90K capacity)
Yeah, I'm a hard no on FFP changes. 45 is just about workable for me and that has had quite a few difficulties.

Ravelation

Krump at me Bro
Im fine with FFP was just a suggestion, also maybe we should make the buyback clause legal and controlled.
Like it posted in Redcafe whenever it's used, and only as a first option on the player when the opposing club is choosing to sell?

CrackersJr

cum covered cherries
Wasn't it a European League? I remember I had Inter, and Crackers had Barcelona (I think)
Actually I think that was just a little international league that Pablo set up with some RAWK people and some of us...

Money isn’t meaningless it just depends who you are after. It should be very important to clubs like your Barnsley who started with nothing so surely when in Division 5 that should be the challenge?

You make a great point there is always talent coming through and it’s about scouting and finding that talent. You don’t win them all but eventually you get lucky recent example for me Fabio Silva etc

It may surprise but I equally don’t mind either way as long as there is consistency and logic behind why we say it’s ok or not. I can’t see the logic in arguing for example that this is the good kind of player parking whereas as GK concern swap is bad? Both serve the purpose to artificially improve a clubs situation. So I guess it comes down to are we ok with paid loans (but back clauses etc)?
Money is entirely useless for teams that have been in Div1 for the majority of the last 20 seasons as the prize money from staying there alone (as well as your away day at OT) generally allows clubs to either break even over the season or make mountains of money (600 mil at United, I've around 200 I'm sure it's similar amongst clubs like arsenal etc), and as a result clubs in lower divisions don't want to make cash deals for their players, and that's not mentioning money made from cups and European cups for teams in Div 1.... This idea of player parking where we create artificial space in our squad is ridiculous, as most of the deals I've done with TS are with players due a rise, where he has had them for just as long as their TB lasts then I've bought them back, not filling their space with other players...

As for GK concern swaps, all my swapped players would never have gotten a concern at Newcastle for not playing enough as they are all too low, whereas GK swaps is literally doing it to avoid losing the player and is very much hoarding. If you can't see that, that's your problem for not understanding a relatively obvious difference...

As for lowering FFP absolutely not, I've maybe 17-18 players currently first team quality, have put a lot of eggs into the basket of waiting to long term projects to come to fruition...

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
That's due to your stadium size and the fact you're in Division 1. If you get demoted back down to Division 2 you'd struggle with wages.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout

I agree that concern swapping should be a no though, I have a first team of 15 and it's fine. If people are getting concerns from 87+ players then its because their first team squad is simply too large.

Personally think FFP is fine, I have only 6 90+ players and don't hear me complaining about it. *shrugs*

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Money is entirely useless for teams that have been in Div1 for the majority of the last 20 seasons as the prize money from staying there alone (as well as your away day at OT) generally allows clubs to either break even over the season or make mountains of money (600 mil at United, I've around 200 I'm sure it's similar amongst clubs like arsenal etc), and as a result clubs in lower divisions don't want to make cash deals for their players, and that's not mentioning money made from cups and European cups for teams in Div 1.... This idea of player parking where we create artificial space in our squad is ridiculous, as most of the deals I've done with TS are with players due a rise, where he has had them for just as long as their TB lasts then I've bought them back, not filling their space with other players...

As for GK concern swaps, all my swapped players would never have gotten a concern at Newcastle for not playing enough as they are all too low, whereas GK swaps is literally doing it to avoid losing the player and is very much hoarding. If you can't see that, that's your problem for not understanding a relatively obvious difference...

As for lowering FFP absolutely not, I've maybe 17-18 players currently first team quality, have put a lot of eggs into the basket of waiting to long term projects to come to fruition...
Fair enough for top division clubs but surely you could still pick up talents from smaller clubs who need cash. I’ve sold plenty of players for cash only.

While the intention of both deal types is different the physical action is exactly the same. I could just claim that I’m helping another club out? You can’t operate based on being thought police so it has to be consistent.

Id happily have a reduction in FFP but at the very least these deals need to be binding and public so we can keep track of it. I still think it’s unfair for clubs who could still use money and just because you have many mega rich clubs it doesn’t mean there aren’t a lot who have to manage their finances more. I think just donating Money to a small club spits in the face of those who have to sell to get deals done. I had to raise money for Maguire by selling Calvert Lewin for example but with a sugar daddy helping me buy what I want it wouldn’t be a concern. I sold Moutinho for cash only again to make sure I’m covered for the season wage wise while the stadium grows all to keep afloat.

infamous7

on a side note
just realised i have been a member here 15 years as of 2 days ago
and i still have yet to make any meaningful contribution or debate haha
this is pretty much the only thread i look at

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
on a side note
just realised i have been a member here 15 years as of 2 days ago
and i still have yet to make any meaningful contribution or debate haha
this is pretty much the only thread i look at
Happy membership birthday I suppose?

CrackersJr

cum covered cherries
How have I? My caps 54?
FFP Rule Violations
  • A club may not have a squad larger than his Max Squad limit.
  • Loaned In players will count to your squad size.
  • If your squad size exceeds your limit, your club will be banned from transferring any players in to the club. This includes P/E deals.
  • If you reach your squad cap, you may sign players but any deals would require 1 player in and 1 player out to ensure you remain on your squad cap
  • For teams with squads below the FFP, any bid made on a player shall be assumed to be won by the team bidding, and included in determining your squad limit for FFP.
You had your bid for Joelson accepted and had yet to accept a bid for Ronaldo Viera.

While the intention of both deal types is different the physical action is exactly the same. I could just claim that I’m helping another club out? You can’t operate based on being thought police so it has to be consistent.
But its the intent of doing a concern swap to horde players which was the original purpose of FFP to stop big clubs hoarding players, the buy backs allow smaller clubs generate more money. Yes you didnt have a sugar daddy, but you were also took over a club in div 2 that had been well built by the previous manager. If you cant manage finances thats not a problem for the rest of the GW...

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
You had your bid for Joelson accepted and had yet to accept a bid for Ronaldo Viera.

But its the intent of doing a concern swap to horde players which was the original purpose of FFP to stop big clubs hoarding players, the buy backs allow smaller clubs generate more money. Yes you didnt have a sugar daddy, but you were also took over a club in div 2 that had been well built by the previous manager. If you cant manage finances thats not a problem for the rest of the GW...
players moved

The bid was accepted at the same time? Viera was out as he came in.

If that’s bannable then Jesus wept is this for pointing out that special deals are happening? Im on 54 players my cap and haven’t at any point been on any higher

I could just claim it’s helping another club (which it would be) and then off the hook. Both acts are altruistic yet one is given special treatment because well I don’t know why?

I can manage it just fine but what I’m trying to point out is you are letting some clubs have special treatment where they don’t have to manage their finances properly and they get free cash. That isn’t fair if they chose to be at that club.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Can’t be arsed with this you’re just going to ban me without any proof so go ahead. Ridiculous!

Lesson learnt don’t question the clique.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Im on 54 players my cap and haven’t at any point been on any higher
That's actually not true though.

The Fernandes deal completed 3 hours before the Viera deal did. So for 3 hours you were on 55 cap. I do have those completed deals still in my history.

We put the rule in place years ago to stop people bidding for players and then cancelling accepted bids if they didn't win the transfer battle they were bidding on. I.E. You see that you didn't win Fernandes battle and then cancel the accepted bid on Viera. I'm not saying you'd do this, but people have in the past hence the rule addition.

CrackersJr

cum covered cherries
The bid was accepted at the same time? Viera was out as he came in.

If that’s bannable then Jesus wept is this for pointing out that special deals are happening? Im on 54 players my cap and haven’t at any point been on any higher

I could just claim it’s helping another club (which it would be) and then off the hook. Both acts are altruistic yet one is given special treatment because well I don’t know why?

I can manage it just fine but what I’m trying to point out is you are letting some clubs have special treatment where they don’t have to manage their finances properly and they get free cash. That isn’t fair if they chose to be at that club.
The rule is once bid it is assumed you have one for sake of FFP, you just admitted it was once it was accepted you accepted the bid for Ronaldo.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
The rule is once bid it is assumed you have one for sake of FFP, you just admitted it was once it was accepted you accepted the bid for Ronaldo.
So as soon as I bid on Fernandes I was over FFP? I thought it was once accepted it was assumed won? Hence i made sure they were both accepted?

If that’s the case then yes fair enough I didn’t know that was the rule and I’ll accept the ban.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
That's actually not true though.

The Fernandes deal completed 3 hours before the Viera deal did. So for 3 hours you were on 55 cap. I do have those completed deals still in my history.

We put the rule in place years ago to stop people bidding for players and then cancelling accepted bids if they didn't win the transfer battle they were bidding on. I.E. You see that you didn't win Fernandes battle and then cancel the accepted bid on Viera. I'm not saying you'd do this, but people have in the past hence the rule addition.
They were both accepted at the same time.

However if the crackers interpretation is the rule I’ll accept it’s a mistake and something I didn’t know. Thought clearly I’m not trying to gain an advantage it would be a bit hypocritical of me haha

CrackersJr

cum covered cherries
So as soon as I bid on Fernandes I was over FFP? I thought it was once accepted it was assumed won? Hence i made sure they were both accepted?

If that’s the case then yes fair enough I didn’t know that was the rule and I’ll accept the ban.
  • For teams with squads below the FFP, any bid made on a player shall be assumed to be won by the team bidding, and included in determining your squad limit for FFP.