Gaming The SM RedCafe League

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I believe it's trophy won? So you've gone 4 seasons winning silverware in each.
I thought it was like league finishes or something but that makes way more sense.
Yeah it's consecutive seasons you've won trophies in. Didn't notice last season that you were on three in a row - great job.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Deal now confirmed for Suat Serdar who will head to Manchester City for Jan Vertonghen + £8.3m and Andre Gomes who will be bought in for £10m.

Serdar was scouted last year and picked up for £3m rising +3 since then after an impressive goalscoring season at Schalke. I’m sure he’ll rise further but the opportunity to get a top CB/LB in and a solid replacement is too good to turn down especially after Gomes’s dominant performance against United after his injury.
Bought over 2 years ago due to Cardiff having no top CB and being desperate for a LB Jan Vertonghen moves on.

In real life he’s moving back to Belgium to play for Anderlecht so he can’t keep his 90 rating any longer.

154 starts 5 sub appearances and a true steward of Cardiff who now hands the defensive baton over to Rüdiger, Tomori, Le Normand and Aguerd for next season.

Thank you Jan!

Damien

Staff
Bought over 2 years ago due to Cardiff having no top CB and being desperate for a LB Jan Vertonghen moves on.

In real life he’s moving back to Belgium to play for Anderlecht so he can’t keep his 90 rating any longer.

154 starts 5 sub appearances and a true steward of Cardiff who now hands the defensive baton over to Rüdiger, Tomori, Le Normand and Aguerd for next season.

Thank you Jan!
Great. Bad news for Debast, Kana or both. Bloody Vertonghen - he blocked my players at Benfica too.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Great. Bad news for Debast, Kana or both. Bloody Vertonghen - he blocked my players at Benfica too.
Yeah hopefully he’s taking on more of a mentor/coaching role though to add experience amongst the young players.

A good move for him now though as I think another season in a bigger league would have been one too many.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
So just under 2 years ago I posted the above squad.

Now we have the following:
Cardiff City 2022/23 Squad

Definitely weaker in CF but age wise we’ve now got a 22 year old and 26 year old as opposed to two over 30 players.

Wings are a lot stronger though with Gakpo (89) and Sarr (89) not even in the second string based on ratings alone. Hopefully both can take over soon. Really happy to have Sterling in the side now.

AM we have had a good boost from Thiago for the last few seasons which has helped win us some trophies. Of course Pellegrini is a good younger player to have lost but we needed ratings at the time and the fact he’s not risen yet and Thiago hasn’t dropped I feel vindicated in that decision.

Deeper midfield we’ve had significant improvements. Allowing Koopmeiners and Tchouameni to develop is paying off as both seem likely to rise soon especially now Casemiro has left Madrid and Koopmeiners is scoring goals. Rabiot seems to have stagnated and Locatelli is a better alternative (And someone I’d scouted sold and then brought back). Aouar desperately needs a move! Ward Prowse as a cheap 88 pick up has been fantastic business.

LB the situation is infinitely better. Shaw is much better than Vertonghen was and Pedraza looks likely to +1 soon given his start to the season too.

At CB I’m most proud. When I stated at Cardiff our best CB was John Brooks then of Wolfsburg now we have Rüdiger of Real Madrid, Tomori of title winning AC Milan, Le Normand outstanding La Real CB and Aguerd who but for injury would be starting for West Ham and I’m certain will be 90 rated in a year and a bits time. We also have Ilya Zabarnyi who I think will be a 92/3 rated CB in future and already should be 88 rated.

RB has been a struggle I really didn’t think Pereira would drop how he did but Celik moving to Roma means he can now get his long overdue 90 rating soon.

And finally GK. Neuer has risen to 95 since I last reviewed the squad. To get Neuer and Pellegrini for Kepa was one of the best deals I’ve done in this GW.

Damien

Staff
You've done great - especially on the striker front. Agree with TT that getting a proper one is hard.

Looked at the image I posted around that time and I've gone backwards since then

Varun

Staff
So just under 2 years ago I posted the above squad.

Now we have the following:
Cardiff City 2022/23 Squad

Definitely weaker in CF but age wise we’ve now got a 22 year old and 26 year old as opposed to two over 30 players.

Wings are a lot stronger though with Gakpo (89) and Sarr (89) not even in the second string based on ratings alone. Hopefully both can take over soon. Really happy to have Sterling in the side now.

AM we have had a good boost from Thiago for the last few seasons which has helped win us some trophies. Of course Pellegrini is a good younger player to have lost but we needed ratings at the time and the fact he’s not risen yet and Thiago hasn’t dropped I feel vindicated in that decision.

Deeper midfield we’ve had significant improvements. Allowing Koopmeiners and Tchouameni to develop is paying off as both seem likely to rise soon especially now Casemiro has left Madrid and Koopmeiners is scoring goals. Rabiot seems to have stagnated and Locatelli is a better alternative (And someone I’d scouted sold and then brought back). Aouar desperately needs a move! Ward Prowse as a cheap 88 pick up has been fantastic business.

LB the situation is infinitely better. Shaw is much better than Vertonghen was and Pedraza looks likely to +1 soon given his start to the season too.

At CB I’m most proud. When I stated at Cardiff our best CB was John Brooks then of Wolfsburg now we have Rüdiger of Real Madrid, Tomori of title winning AC Milan, Le Normand outstanding La Real CB and Aguerd who but for injury would be starting for West Ham and I’m certain will be 90 rated in a year and a bits time. We also have Ilya Zabarnyi who I think will be a 92/3 rated CB in future and already should be 88 rated.

RB has been a struggle I really didn’t think Pereira would drop how he did but Celik moving to Roma means he can now get his long overdue 90 rating soon.

And finally GK. Neuer has risen to 95 since I last reviewed the squad. To get Neuer and Pellegrini for Kepa was one of the best deals I’ve done in this GW.
Excellent work!

Varun

Staff
Good overhaul and better depth in the time frame. Getting a proper striker is a nightmare.
Yep, most important position and an absolute nightmare to get a top guy in. Hence the Bruno Kane swap immediately when I took over.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Good overhaul and better depth in the time frame. Getting a proper striker is a nightmare.
I wish I’d done the same analysis right at the start because the squad has changed so much.

I agree getting a striker has been really tough I managed to get Suarez for cash, Immobile for Locatelli and Jimenez but their ages meant they can be relied on long term. Plus Sterling can play CF if needed.

Personally find RBs are really hard to find too.
You've done great - especially on the striker front. Agree with TT that getting a proper one is hard.

Looked at the image I posted around that time and I've gone backwards since then
I think Mbappe, Bellingham, Pedri… you might be ok :lol:
Excellent work!
Thanks!
Yep, most important position and an absolute nightmare to get a top guy in. Hence the Bruno Kane swap immediately when I took over.
Yeah I do think if (and it’s a big if) I could get a 93 rated striker in (in addition to Sterling) I’d have an outside chance at a league win.

Ravelation

Krump at me Bro
Just seen that Rochdale lost their playoff match... This depresses me hugely. Was looking forward to having a manager to fight for the title againsy

Damien

Staff
Oh mighty database admin @Damien , would you be so kind as to enlighten me with the knowledge of div 4 records?
You should be looking to smash them all with the exception of the losses record which you can only match. Leyton Orient, Kidderminster Harriers and Gillingham all being in Division 4 at the same time hindered each other a bit whereas you'll be uncontested.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
You should be looking to smash them all with the exception of the losses record which you can only match. Leyton Orient, Kidderminster Harriers and Gillingham all being in Division 4 at the same time hindered each other a bit whereas you'll be uncontested.

@Ravelation no pressure.

Damien

Staff
Congrats to greeny on winning the SMFA Shield and myself on winning the SMFA Champions Cup (La Decima).

Damien

Staff
Updated SM RedCafe League Power Rankings (ordered by last 5 seasons avg)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uAlBi9UJtU2zf9dwr-9NMWG8E1oHfuJoj6hPok91klc/edit?usp=sharing

@Mciahel Goodman's Everton now #1

@The Stain's Leyton Orient with the greatest rise from managed teams going from 29th to 19th (+10), followed by Kidderminster Harriers (35-26 (+9)) and @Dom Gill's Gillingham (36-30 (+6))

Biggest drop from managed sides* is @Dans' Bournemouth going from 13th to 17th (-4) though not that surprising given the length of time they had been a top flight team going to Division 2 the last couple of seasons.

*not counting Rochdale as Trionz became manager at end of season.

@RedSky's Hereford with the biggest difference between lowest finishing place (100th) and highest (4th).

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Updated SM RedCafe League Power Rankings (ordered by last 5 seasons avg)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uAlBi9UJtU2zf9dwr-9NMWG8E1oHfuJoj6hPok91klc/edit?usp=sharing

@Mciahel Goodman's Everton now #1

@The Stain's Leyton Orient with the greatest rise from managed teams going from 29th to 19th (+10), followed by Kidderminster Harriers (35-26 (+9)) and @Dom Gill's Gillingham (36-30 (+6))

Biggest drop from managed sides* is @Dans' Bournemouth going from 13th to 17th (-4) though not that surprising given the length of time they had been a top flight team going to Division 2 the last couple of seasons.

*not counting Rochdale as Trionz became manager at end of season.

@RedSky's Hereford with the biggest difference between lowest finishing place (100th) and highest (4th).
Back when I took over:

So my squad value is £1.6m and I have £12.7m in the bank. Mmm...
:lol:

Damien

Staff
Thats a good table. Comprehensive team performance summary.
Yeah it's interesting seeing the consistency of some sides as well as being able to pinpoint where some low sides got took over, climbing through the leagues before falling again as their manager either left or disappeared (RR :()
Back when I took over:

:lol:
You played it on hard mode and ended up being rewarded with the future best player on the planet.

Damien

Staff
Visualisations

Cumulative Division 1 points

• Aston Villa have overtaken Manchester City into fifth place, Sunderland have overtaken Darlington into tenth place.
  • Kidderminster Harriers are the 47th side to have competed in Division 1, with Gillingham being the 48th next season.
  • Manchester United have been top on cumulative points since Season 6, however Everton look set to take the number one spot at some point in the next two seasons..
Cumulative Division 1 goals

• Tottenham Hotspur have overtaken Darlington into tenth place.
  • Manchester United have been top on cumulative goals since Season 1, though Everton aim to overtake this in the next couple of seasons..
Cumulative Division 1 Top 4 finishes

• Everton had the longest streak of cumulative Top 4 finishes with 9 from Season 12 to Season 20 inclusive.
  • 20 teams have finished in the Top 4, with Hereford being the latest in Season 26.
  • Manchester United have been top/joint top on Top 4 finishes since Season 1.
Cumulative major honours

• 29 teams have won at least one major honour with Southend United being the latest side to do so in Season 24.
  • Manchester United have been top/joint top on major honours won since Season 8, earning more trophies (41) than 20 sides on the above graphic combined (40).

Damien

Staff
Another observation.

In the first 13 seasons of the league, the teams with the most trophies were as follows:

PosTeamTrophies
1Manchester United17
2Chelsea7
=Manchester City7
=Nottingham Forest7
5Arsenal6
=Darlington6
7Everton3
=Milton Keynes Dons3
=Tottenham Hotspur3

For the past 13 seasons (14-26), the teams with the most trophies are:

PosTeamTrophies
1Manchester United24
2Everton16
3Darlington9
4Manchester City7
5Arsenal4
=Cardiff City4
=Sunderland4
8Aston Villa3
=Fulham3
=Newcastle United3
=Southend United3

Everton have been on fire, and Darlington's haul in both the first and second half of the leagues existence is impressive especially with them starting in Division 5.

Damien

Staff
Do we have the list of all clubs cumulative points and goals so far?
100 clubs, 26 seasons... all the data for 20 clubs I've done manually and that took long enough when I set it up seasons ago. I'm sure someone could manage to scrape the data for the 100 clubs for 26 seasons but it'd have to be someone else I'm afraid.

Unless do you mean for Division 1 only? In which case yeah I've got the list of all clubs and goals.

Cardiff is 23rd with 400 points exactly. On goals you're 24th with 383

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
100 clubs, 26 seasons... all the data for 20 clubs I've done manually and that took long enough when I set it up seasons ago. I'm sure someone could manage to scrape the data for the 100 clubs for 26 seasons but it'd have to be someone else I'm afraid.

Unless do you mean for Division 1 only? In which case yeah I've got the list of all clubs and goals.

Cardiff is 23rd with 400 points exactly. On goals you're 24th with 383
Sorry yeah should have been clearer just Div 1 :lol:

You’re good but that would be Opta levels of commitment.

Damien

Staff
Sorry yeah should have been clearer just Div 1 :lol:

You’re good but that would be Opta levels of commitment.
Alright cool. Here's the spreadsheet. You can just make a copy of it and filter the AC column by points descending to see where you rank in full detail compared to others. If you don't want to do that here are the two teams above and below you on both:

Division 1 Points
RankTeamPoints
21Queens Park Rangers433
22Norwich City403
23Cardiff City400
24Plymouth Argyle386
25Barnsley337

Division 1 Goals
RankTeamGoals
22Queens Park Rangers456
23Plymouth Argyle418
24Cardiff City383
25Bolton Wanderers358
26Barnsley340

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Alright cool. Here's the spreadsheet. You can just make a copy of it and filter the AC column by points descending to see where you rank in full detail compared to others. If you don't want to do that here are the two teams above and below you on both:

Division 1 Points
RankTeamPoints
21Queens Park Rangers433
22Norwich City403
23Cardiff City400
24Plymouth Argyle386
25Barnsley337

Division 1 Goals
RankTeamGoals
22Queens Park Rangers456
23Plymouth Argyle418
24Cardiff City383
25Bolton Wanderers358
26Barnsley340
Living legend!

Damien

Staff
I think the following clubs have stadium capacity increased

Div 1
Fulham: 43798 -> 44083
Hereford: 37375 -> 40231
Leyton Orient: 34917 -> 37912
Kidderminster Harriers: 21042 -> 30792
Gillingham: 20480 -> 21660

Damien

Staff
New FFP (13 September 2022)

Div 1

1. Manchester United - 44/45
  2. Arsenal - 39/48
  3. Liverpool - 48/50
  4. Newcastle United - 49/50
  5. Sunderland - 49/51
  6. Aston Villa - 52/52
  7. Cardiff City - 49/52
  8. Chelsea - 48/52
  9. Darlington - 53/52
  10. Everton - 51/52
  11. Fulham - 52/52
  12. Middlesbrough - 51/52
  13. Nottingham Forest - 50/52
  14. Norwich City - 52/52
  15. Southend United - 49/52
  16. Wolverhampton Wanderers - 52/52
  17. Hereford - 52/53
  18. Leyton Orient - 50/53
  19. Kidderminster Harriers - 54/55
  20. Gillingham - 53/57
Div 2
  1. Tottenham Hotspur - 40/44
  2. West Ham United - 47/50
  3. Manchester City - 41/51
  4. Barnsley - 47/54
  5. Blackburn Rovers - 38/54
  6. Bournemouth - 51/54
  7. Milton Keynes Dons - 52/54 (transfer banned until Turn 30)
  8. Southampton - 51/54
  9. Bristol City - 47/55
  10. Leeds United - 54/55
Div 4
  1. Plymouth Argyle - 23/58
  2. Bradford City - 62/62
Div 5
  1. Rochdale - 32/67
Teams with changes to FFP:

Tottenham Hotspur (42 to 44 @Big-Red)
West Ham United (48 to 50 @TheReligion)
Darlington (54 to 52 @Mani)
Wolverhampton Wanderers (54 to 52 @Wino1)
Leyton Orient (54 to 53 @The Stain)
Southampton (52 to 54 @Green_Red)
Kidderminster Harriers (57 to 55 @Nighteyes)
Gillingham (59 to 57 @Dom Gill)
Bradford City (64 to 62 @Ravelation)

@Mani has until approx 10th October to get his FFP in order. At the moment Milton Keynes Dons are the only side with an FFP ban.

Damien

Staff
Loan Cap (S14 and onwards)
  1. Applies to unmanaged clubs only
  2. Loan cap = FFP minus 40, first come first serve (e.g. if your FFP aka squad limit is 50, your loan cap = 50 - 40 = 10, which means you can only loan 10 players out to unmanaged clubs)
  3. Duration for the above - until Turn 2 every season. After Turn 2, it is free-for-all
  4. HARD RULE: Only players with rating 75 and/or above are allowed to be loaned out - if you spot someone breaking this, tell them to recall the player