Gaming The SM RedCafe League | Season 31 starts Sunday. One Division 1 team available (Gillingham). Let Damien know if interested.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Glad my squad isnt that big.

Damo, is gold membership needed to manage in the CL? whats the minimum cost?
Oops. Saw your other post and was meaning to reply but I kind of forgot.

To set your own tactics in the CL you will need Gold membership, but you can still compete in the CL without gold membership. Barney (Liverpool manager) doesn't have it, yet he beat cider (who does have Gold) in the CL final.

As for the cost, it is £2 per month, or £12 for a year.

Varun

Staff
Oops. Saw your other post and was meaning to reply but I kind of forgot.

To set your own tactics in the CL you will need Gold membership, but you can still compete in the CL without gold membership. Barney (Liverpool manager) doesn't have it, yet he beat cider (who does have Gold) in the CL final.

As for the cost, it is £2 per month, or £12 for a year.
Thanks. Might have to take the membership in that case. No fun if am not selecting squads and tactics.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
not alot in my squad I'd cull. I'm selling a small few 75-77 players alright. They are either too longterm or havent developed as I thought. One more signing to be brought in, and that will leave me with circa 38 players. Not bad. Very happy with my cup squad too for this season coming.

Varun

Staff
I'l be selling some too.

How do the transfers work though? I'v set the asking price couple of mil above the market price for the player. Does that mean the comp wont bid unless they want to match the bid or do they bid regardless of the asking price?

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
I'l be selling some too.

How do the transfers work though? I'v set the asking price couple of mil above the market price for the player. Does that mean the comp wont bid unless they want to match the bid or do they bid regardless of the asking price?
CPU will bid regardless

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
Give it a chance, it seems that the CPU bids at certain times. You'll get flooded with bids for people at some stage.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
A squad cap would have being a bit fairer. I presume they are trying to cut down on hoarders of players?

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Then I don't get why they don't just lower the squad cap. Seems like all they're doing is punishing the teams in lower divisions with smaller stadiums.

In other news, one of my cup players has risen to 88 which now qualifies him as a first team squad player!

Damien

Staff
Then I don't get why they don't just lower the squad cap. Seems like all they're doing is punishing the teams in lower divisions with smaller stadiums.
I agree.

I've got a good idea of who I'm going to sell. The problem is I think those that I want to sell will get another rise soon but I don't know when.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Everything that was introduced in the update:

New Finances (Loans / Contracts)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have made a few changes to finances recently with the intention of tightening the finances and giving cash a 'value' again. This will hopefully stimulate the transfer market which frankly has become very stagnate in many Game Worlds as no manager needs to sell as they have so much cash!

It also should naturally form a squad cap and stop player hogging as one club should not be able to afford all the best players and a squad of 255 players.

So what have we changed?

1) We have closed a major loophole regarding loans, by having a wage split of 50/50.

It used to be the case that very few players went out on loan, this was because they only went to managed clubs. However when we changed the rule so that unmanaged clubs made loan bids all of a sudden managers started loaning out entire squads, literally hundreds of players. Saving themselves hundreds of thousands a turn which is millions a season.

We saw managers saving 800k a turn which is 30M a season in wages.

It meant that managers could now do youth 'farming' and not even have to pay any wages. Buy a bunch of cheap youngsters, 9/10 of which will definitely rise at least a little, loan them out so it costs your club nothing and watch them rise in value. Sell and repeat. Easy way to make money.

It is in no ones interest for it to be that easy to make money, as if you can do it that easily so can other managers and everyone ends up with loads of cash that is worthless, every deal is then a player exchange.

2) Players wages rise in line with rating changes and value

Again another loophole whereby players ratings rise and a manager does need to address the players concern until it reaches a Level 4. It takes around 40+ turns for this to happen which means a club can save millions off the wage bill and even sell the riser making a tidy profit without paying the full cost of the wages.

By the Chairman getting involved in wages (as they do when you sign a player) the wage of the player will always reflect the rating/value of the player and not lag months and months behind.

3) Very top players having a higher wage

We have increased the wages of players that are 92 and above in rating. There are roughly just 60 of these players and we think that clubs should have to pay a very high premium to have these players at their clubs.

This should make it harder for one club to have 9 of the top 10 players (which we have seen) and give other clubs and managers a chance to have some top players, which should make Game Worlds more competitive.

As we said at the start of the thread the idea is to give cash some meaning again which should make transfers in Game Worlds better. Stop excessive player hogging and youth farming.

The skilful managers should still be able to buy risers but will have to be more selective on who they buy.

Damien

Staff
£1,465,000 not including the 11 players still out on loan.

11 of my players are in the last year of their contracts so that figure will go up a bit more.

I think City have the highest wages out of everyone but I'm not sure on that.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
My wages for all players owned by Nottingham Forest comes to 730K. Just as well I got promoted... :lol:

Some teams are going to find it tough next season. Cough Sunderland Cough.

Although, if you do the maths... lets say you're losing 300k every 2nd turn. That's a loss of 5.7m in a season. So basically, if you sell an 86/87 player it covers the loss from the season in terms of wages.

Varun

Staff
And so, I end postseason without a single win. Hopefully will have better luck when preseason starts.
This was postseason? I sent 2 Players on loan This week thinking it was preseason. Fruitful:lol:

Damien

Staff
This was postseason? I sent 2 Players on loan This week thinking it was preseason. Fruitful:lol:
:lol: Yeah, that was pointless. I think it is Tuesday when the fixtures for next season are announced. That'll be when the players out on loan are automatically recalled and you can loan more out.

Right now it'll only let me loan out players rated 84 and below, but when McCarthy, Pogba, Markovic, Digne and Reyes return hopefully it'll let me loan out 85 rated players too.

Damien

Staff
If any clubs want to loan some of my players, feel free to put in loan bids now and I'll accept when the new season fixtures are out. Like I said, my chairman will only let me loan out 84 rated players and below, but hopefully should let me loan out 85 rated players soon. Quite a few of the 83/84 rated players are in line for another rise soon anyway.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Mobile website is a bollocks to navigate at times, scroll to the bottom and click "desktop site" and you can see the schedule bar. First league game is Sunday with friendlies everyday until then.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
#NFSV

Season 4 - Division 1 Total Squad Value:

Please note: This does not include each teams bank balance, this is only squad value.

Code:
    [B]Team[/B]                       [B]Budget[/B]
1st    Manchester City               £483.2M
2nd    Manchester United       £452.9M
3rd    Tottenham Hotspur       £357.7M
4th    Arsenal                       £331.9M
5th    Liverpool               £293.4M
6th    Chelsea                       £292.5M
7th    Everton                       £277.1M
8th    Newcastle United       £273.1M
9th    Nottingham Forest          £224.4M
10th    Aston Villa               £222.8M
11th    Wolverhampton Wanderers       £204.8M
12th    Fulham                       £198.8M
13th    Bolton Wanderers       £187.1M
14th    Queens Park Rangers       £185.7M
15th    West Bromwich Albion       £161.2M
16th    Middlesbrough               £161.1M
17th    Blackburn Rovers       £155.5M
18th    Derby County               £153.5M
19th    Portsmouth               £117.0M
20th    Coventry City               £113.7M

Last edited:

Damien

Staff
Chucking my hat back in for this one.

WBA if you please, maniak :D
Accepted. Welcome back.

Season 4 - Division 1 Total Squad Value:

Please note: This does not include each teams bank balance, this is only squad value.

Code:
	[B]Team[/B]	                   [B]Budget[/B]
1st	Manchester City	           £483.2M
2nd	Manchester United	   £452.9M
3rd	Tottenham Hotspur	   £357.7M
4th	Arsenal	                   £331.9M
5th	Liverpool	           £293.4M
6th	Chelsea	                   £292.5M
7th	Everton	                   £277.1M
8th	Newcastle United	   £273.1M
9th	Nottingham Forest   	   £224.4M
10th	Aston Villa	           £222.8M
11th	Wolverhampton Wanderers	   £204.8M
12th	Fulham	                   £198.8M
13th	Bolton Wanderers	   £187.1M
14th	Queens Park Rangers	   £185.7M
15th	West Bromwich Albion	   £161.2M
16th	Middlesbrough	           £161.1M
17th	Blackburn Rovers	   £155.5M
18th	Derby County	           £153.5M
19th	Portsmouth	           £117.0M
20th	Coventry City	           £113.7M
Wow, you're in the top 10! Congrats.

What does everyone's chairmen expect them to achieve this season, and what is your personal target?

My chairman:
This season your Chairman expects you to mount a serious title challenge.
I'll probably be looking towards another top four place. My squad isn't as good as some of the others, and surely City will do better than they did last season.

TheReligion

Abusive
Mr Ashley wants be to qualify for a SMFA competition, so top 10 is my goal again.
Snap

It is getting a bit stale this for me at the moment. The players worth signing are few and far between and when one does come up that might improve my squad there is inevitably a million people in for him, including the mega rich clubs who bid ridiculous amounts.

Can't see me spending anything anytime soon.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Snap

It is getting a bit stale this for me at the moment. The players worth signing are few and far between and when one does come up that might improve my squad there is inevitably a million people in for him, including the mega rich clubs who bid ridiculous amounts.

That'll hopefully change somewhat with these new loan restrictions. Although the current rich clubs can sell half their squad for a silly amount of money and have a huge transfer kitty.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Snap

I'm in a similar situation now. Happy out with my first team and reserve/cup team, and I have a few very young players too that are long term. If anything I'll sell maybe a total of 4 and prob won't buy too much as I'll just be making feck all each week. 35 players seems the magic squad number, will keep the contracts down around 900k which is sustainable, especially as I'll make money from Europe.