Gaming The SM RedCafe League

Varun

Staff
Should have won as well! Very happy with a point at OT. We're doing alright are Forest, 5 points after 4 tough games, happy with that.
Yup, been a solid start or your side in the league.

Great to see my previous club doing so well too.

I've had a good start to the season too. Just the bad odd defeat to qpr. wanted to get subs in but couldnt as it was set as if winning by 2 goals while i was winning by more. :lol: so stupid. Will have to put an identical one with 3 or more now.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Quality result against Everton. Not a bad start to the season for me, I usually make a very slow start.

JB7

Totally lost interest since the change in the way the finances are done. I'd need to sell half my squad, completely fecking ridiculous.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Totally lost interest since the change in the way the finances are done. I'd need to sell half my squad, completely fecking ridiculous.

What did you expect though? You have players at the end of their careers and therefore on shed loads of wages. You should easily get promoted with that squad, so just sell 1 player at the end of the season to clear the debt. Job done.

Varun

Staff

you could just sell the likes of Terry,Milito etc. You've recently bought Kaka, Fletch and Eto'o too. Must be on very high wages and will only decline in rating.

Varun

Staff
My chairman's a fecking idiot btw. 11mil cap when bidding for Kovacic. Insanity.

JB7

What did you expect though? You have players at the end of their careers and therefore on shed loads of wages. You should easily get promoted with that squad, so just sell 1 player at the end of the season to clear the debt. Job done.
Yes but my wage bill has gone up by less than £50k in the last 6 months - yet I've gone from making a profit from the home/away games combined to losing an absolute fortune from home games, never mind the even bigger loss from away games! That is due to the game changes, not my squad - which yes has older players I brought in solely with the intention of selling them, once promoted I could make more money to bring in the younger player. It's ridiculous.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Yes but my wage bill has gone up by less than £50k in the last 6 months - yet I've gone from making a profit from the home/away games combined to losing an absolute fortune from home games, never mind the even bigger loss from away games! That is due to the game changes, not my squad - which yes has older players I brought in solely with the intention of selling them, once promoted I could make more money to bring in the younger player. It's ridiculous.
Well, you do have 40 players on your books. If I had 40, I'd also be making a loss.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Was obvious for those who had shortlisted both Kovacic and Zaha that that deal wasn't going to happen as Darlington had submitted their bid for Kovacic before I submitted mine for Zaha. Weird that Southampton decided to bid for Kovacic, then changed mind later on and went for Zaha instead, though he might not have been able to afford Kovacic at the price Trionz bid.

Flying Fox

Will be happy if I get 9 points from my next 4 games

Bolton
Coventry
Blackburn
Fulham

Blackburn and Fulham potential banana skins

Dunno how any of you have money to be honest. Can't remember the last time I had more than 5m in my bank!

I'm making merry with my money. Getting rid of oldies that I can afford to let go and replacing them with younger players to save my wage bill

Varun

Staff
Weird that Southampton decided to bid for Kovacic, then changed mind later on and went for Zaha instead, though he might not have been able to afford Kovacic at the price Trionz bid.

I found it very surprising too. Specially given Trionz tried to trick me into changing my bid to Zaha by saying that it'll be the Zaha bid that'd go through if Southampton switched later. Hours later, Southampton did switch to Zaha but I didnt change my bid as I knew Trionz was lying. Big coincidence that Trionz would say that and Southampton actually changed their bid later.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
What's this "cash injection" addition to the charts and cash sheet? Can't find an announcement on the SM community forum.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
I was making a profit last season with 50 odd players in the squad.
....errr that is the reason they made the changes. Due to teams hoarding players and loaning them out, making it as if those players didnt exist.

Even 40 players is a hell of a lot to have to be fair. I know it is a much tougher task at the moment for teams lower down, but having tons of players is not the answer either.

JB7

....errr that is the reason they made the changes. Due to teams hoarding players and loaning them out, making it as if those players didnt exist.

Even 40 players is a hell of a lot to have to be fair. I know it is a much tougher task at the moment for teams lower down, but having tons of players is not the answer either.
As I said - my overall wage bill this season is roughly £50k per week higher with the loanees returning and transfers made in and out. Yet I've gone from a small profit to making a huge loss from both home and away games. How exactly is that fair?

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
As I said - my overall wage bill this season is roughly £50k per week higher with the loanees returning and transfers made in and out. Yet I've gone from a small profit to making a huge loss from both home and away games. How exactly is that fair?
Look how many 90+ players you have. That ain't sustainable in div2, in real life either. They changed the wages to make it hard for teams to also hoard all the 90+ players, like you see in other game worlds where one or 2 teams have every single top player, and they don't use them. So players 90+ have wages to reflect that.

You have alot of big hitters at the club, coming to the end of their career. You need to find the balance, like clubs in real life do. You can't expect to have the squad you have and make a profit in div2 either, it sucks it happened now. But even I saw the problems coming and downsized ASAP. And my first team is only 30k more on wages than yours. That is too high man.

Varun

Staff
I was hammered by Le Arse. Valdes leaving in almost every shot the useless git.

Very surprised at the margin but am not complaining :D

Rooney out for 3 weeks though at a time when he was on a brilliant streak scoring hatticks for fun and when I have to play United, Chelsea and Spurs. fecking ridiculous luck.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
Beat TR in 2 game worlds too, always nice.

Varun

Staff
Raise of hands how many of you were monitoring the situation at Fulham with great excitement :lol: