Gaming The SM RedCafe League | Season 31 starts Sunday. One Division 1 team available (Gillingham). Let Damien know if interested.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
So is mine, and so are newcastle and chelsea. Yet his revenue dwarfs ours.

Anyway have said my bit on it, its upto the rest to decide what they want to do.
I won trophies, in the super cup etc. Do well and revenue goes up. My sponsor is where it is because of winning the league, cup, super cup etc. The other season when I finished somewhere in the top 10 my revenue was a fair bit lower.

MJJ

I won trophies, in the super cup etc. Do well and revenue goes up. My sponsor is where it is because of winning the league, cup, super cup etc. The other season when I finished somewhere in the top 10 my revenue was a fair bit lower.
I know your revenue goes up if you perform well, more fans, merchandise,etc but the difference is huge. My side finished third last time but your revenue dwarfs mine, if the point of the FFP was to equalize the playing field then I think its unfair that both our clubs are in the same category. If its to prevent player hogging, then all div one sides should have the same cap.

Varun

Staff
Its not just ground size, damien's merchandise, sponsorship, tv revenue are all greater than mine(in some cases doubled, tripled). Its probably the same for you as well.
It isn't. Mine compared to his is the same as yours is. He has everything higher because he wins a lot. If yours is half or 1/3rd of his, you're at the same level as me on each of those 3 parameters.

We can't punish him just because his revenue is higher on account of winning things. Let alone me, who doesnt even have it high.

MJJ

It isn't. Mine compared to his is the same as yours is. He has everything higher because he wins a lot. If yours is half or 1/3rd of his, you're at the same level as me on each of those 3 parameters.

We can't punish him just because his revenue is higher on account of winning things. Let alone me, who doesnt even have it high.
Would agree with you but the stadium plays a bit part as well in revenue being higher. Look at the spoiler, Season Ticket, Gate Receipts and Merchandise are directly linked to stadium size.

• Season Ticket Receipts: At the start of each season you will receive an injection of money from season ticket sales. This figure will be dependent on your fan base and division you are currently in.
  • Gate Receipts: If you have played a home match in the league, you will receive income from ticket sales at your ground. Gate receipt money will be divided between both the home and away teams for cup games. The better your club performs in the league and cup the more money you will gain from gate receipts as fans are more likely to come and support you.
  • TV Revenue: About 50% of a league's income during a season is TV money, and it is divided up equally between all clubs in the league, big and small. The TV revenue is awarded to clubs when they play league games home and away.
  • Sponsor: External companies sponsor your club on a weekly basis. The better your club performs in the league and cup the more money you will gain from sponsorship as sponsors are more likely to invest in a successful club.
  • Merchandise: The better your club performs in the league and cup the more money you will gain from merchandise as fans are more likely to come and spend money on a successful team.
  • Cash Injection: Your Chairman will always invest cash to ensure that your clubs 'net worth' (cash + player values) is never less than 50% of the average club in your league (see Game World Economy).
  • Transfer Money In: During the course of the season your club can generate additional income from transfers.
  • Prize Money: At the end of each season you will receive prize money from the SMFA. First, you will receive prize money for your final league position. Second, you will receive prize money for winning a Domestic Cup, the SMFA Champions Cup or SMFA Shield cup competitions. Third, you will receive prize money for winning a game in the SMA Champions Cup or if you draw a game during the group stages.
  • Other Income: This figure is miscellaneous income.

Varun

Staff
Would agree with you but the stadium plays a bit part as well in revenue being higher. Look at the spoiler, Season Ticket, Gate Receipts and Merchandise are directly linked to stadium size.

• Season Ticket Receipts: At the start of each season you will receive an injection of money from season ticket sales. This figure will be dependent on your fan base and division you are currently in.
  • Gate Receipts: If you have played a home match in the league, you will receive income from ticket sales at your ground. Gate receipt money will be divided between both the home and away teams for cup games. The better your club performs in the league and cup the more money you will gain from gate receipts as fans are more likely to come and support you.
  • TV Revenue: About 50% of a league's income during a season is TV money, and it is divided up equally between all clubs in the league, big and small. The TV revenue is awarded to clubs when they play league games home and away.
  • Sponsor: External companies sponsor your club on a weekly basis. The better your club performs in the league and cup the more money you will gain from sponsorship as sponsors are more likely to invest in a successful club.
  • Merchandise: The better your club performs in the league and cup the more money you will gain from merchandise as fans are more likely to come and spend money on a successful team.
  • Cash Injection: Your Chairman will always invest cash to ensure that your clubs 'net worth' (cash + player values) is never less than 50% of the average club in your league (see Game World Economy).
  • Transfer Money In: During the course of the season your club can generate additional income from transfers.
  • Prize Money: At the end of each season you will receive prize money from the SMFA. First, you will receive prize money for your final league position. Second, you will receive prize money for winning a Domestic Cup, the SMFA Champions Cup or SMFA Shield cup competitions. Third, you will receive prize money for winning a game in the SMA Champions Cup or if you draw a game during the group stages.
Merchandise isnt. Its based on success which is why his is higher than both of us and ours are the same.

Season tickets and Gate receipts are the only 2 based on the stadium size. His are much higher than me as posted by me earlier. Mine was closer to RS and yours than it was to him. We both have the same cap though but meh.

Damien

Staff

two of them mention about how the team does in the league. Season Ticket Receipts will be directly related to capacity. Gate Receipts are a mixture of how you're doing in the league and cup and capacity, and merchandise is solely based on success.

Damien

Staff
  • Season Ticket Receipts = Related to Stadium Capacity
  • Gate Receipts = Mixture of Stadium Capacity and Success
  • TV Revenue = Equal for all teams in a Division
  • Sponsor = Success
  • Merchandise = Success

MJJ

Merchandise isnt. Its based on success which is why his is higher than both of us and ours are the same.

Season tickets and Gate receipts are the only 2 based on the stadium size. His are much higher than me as posted by me earlier. Mine was closer to RS and yours than it was to him. We both have the same cap though but meh.
two of them mention about how the team does in the league. Season Ticket Receipts will be directly related to capacity. Gate Receipts are a mixture of how you're doing in the league and cup and capacity, and merchandise is solely based on success.
The better your club performs in the league and cup the more money you will gain from merchandise as fans are more likely to come and spend money on a successful team.

The more fans you have the higher your merchandise income will be. The bigger the stadium, the higher the number of fans.

@The Man Himself can you post your merchandise income to clarify this? Since both you and damien have done similarly in the league this season. Will be interesting to see your merchandise income compare to his.

Varun

Staff
The better your club performs in the league and cup the more money you will gain from merchandise as fans are more likely to come and spend money on a successful team.

The more fans you have the higher your merchandise income will be. The bigger the stadium, the higher the number of fans.

@The Man Himself can you post your merchandise income to clarify this? Since both you and damien have done similarly in the league this season. Will be interesting to see your merchandise income compare to his.
Its about trophies. Really doubt SM is sound enough to have it varying based on the current league position, too complicated.

Damien

Staff
Its about trophies. Really doubt SM is sound enough to have it varying based on the current league position, too complicated.
Yeah I've won five trophies since last season:
League
Cup
SMFA Shield
Charity Shield
Super Cup

Will be surprised if anyone's merchandise income is comparable

MJJ

If that was the case, wouldnt the help section have said trophies instead of the better you perform in the league.

Why not jut amalgamate the 40k in to the 30k as there would be less of a disparity in capacity, and you would create to sets with around a 20k differential.
:lol: Funny thing is that even if we have three tiers of 10-30, 30-50 and 50-70. Damien's stadium size will be outside the last tier. And still Varun and him are arguing that its fair to lump us together.

Edit- But yeah, if we cant agree on anything else I vote for this.

Varun

Staff
If that was the case, wouldnt the help section have said trophies instead of the better you perform in the league.

:lol: Funny thing is that even if we have three tiers of 10-30, 30-50 and 50-70. Damien's stadium size will be outside the last tier. And still Varun and him are arguing that its fair to lump us together.

Edit- But yeah, if we cant agree on anything else I vote for this.
You reckon they have it programmed to change according to league position on a weekly basis? Really?

Regarding the next bit, Damo's revenues are much higher than me or anyone else in the league due to the club he manages and the trophies he has won. Do you see me wanting to be in a separate group as him? My revenues are closer to RS than it is to Damo. Its not about me wanting to protect the 2 of us.

As I see it, FFP was introduced to prevent player hoarding which it has done. At this point, its clubs trying to squeeze is a player or 2 more in their squads or get the top clubs to sell a few top talents which they can then buy in a bid to exploit the smallest of differences in the name of FFP.

MJJ

You reckon they have it programmed to change according to league position on a weekly basis? Really?

Regarding the next bit, Damo's revenues are much higher than me or anyone else in the league due to the club he manages and the trophies he has won. Do you see me wanting to be in a separate group as him? My revenues are closer to RS than it is to Damo. Its not about me wanting to protect the 2 of us.

As I see it, FFP was introduced to prevent player hoarding which it has done. At this point, its clubs trying to squeeze is a player or 2 more in their squads or get the top clubs to sell a few top talents which they can then buy in a bid to exploit the smallest of differences in the name of FFP.
From what I remember FFP was introduced to level the playing field as club with bigger stadiums had too much of an edge, thats why we ordered it by stadium size rather than having one fixed limit for all.

The only reason you are being lumped in with damien is because of the factor we chose i.e. stadium size. The top three stadiums are:- Newcastle around 53k, Arsenal around 60k and Manchester United 76k. While yours in comparision to newcastle isnt that bad, Damien's is.

Varun

Staff
From what I remember FFP was introduced to level the playing field as club with bigger stadiums had too much of an edge, thats why we ordered it by stadium size rather than having one fixed limit for all.

The only reason you are being lumped in with damien is because of the factor we chose i.e. stadium size. The top three stadiums are:- Newcastle around 53k, Arsenal around 60k and Manchester United 76k. While yours in comparision to newcastle isnt that bad, Damien's is.
End of the day, it had to be with player hoarding right? The bigger clubs could afford to do it due to their revenue from having bigger grounds. The cap based on sizes has done it with clubs like Utd, Arsenal, Reading, Forest, Darlington etc selling 40 players or so each.

Btw, Damo has always been in a league of his own when it comes to finances. I think me and RS pointed it out couple of weeks back too. No other club comes close. One could dock him a couple of players in the squad cap but I'd rather let it be. The main attraction of the game is the transfers, not the match engine. enough out there for everyone without docking him a couple of players.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.

Damien

Staff
End of the day, it had to be with player hoarding right? The bigger clubs could afford to do it due to their revenue from having bigger grounds. The cap based on sizes has done it with clubs like Utd, Arsenal, Reading, Forest, Darlington etc selling 40 players or so each.

Btw, Damo has always been in a league of his own when it comes to finances. I think me and RS pointed it out couple of weeks back too. No other club comes close. One could dock him a couple of players in the squad cap but I'd rather let it be. The main attraction of the game is the transfers, not the match engine. enough out there for everyone without docking him a couple of players.
Two seasons ago I finished eighth. It's not like I go overboard buying players either apart from the odd one when I need to replace someone or want to try and improve a position, but after the shock acquisition of Ozil I'm happy with my squad and can't see me buying anyone in the near future.

MJJ

Cheers.

Or we can do what christy propose, change the bands from 10k to 20k(or split it by 5k). That way the squad cap remains the same but it will be fairer. You cant dock players based on squad caps but include the person whose stadium is twice as big as most of the other sides in that cap limit. Doesnt make too much sense.

Anyway, I will repeat that the fairest way to sort this out is just to have a vote.

Damien

Staff
By changing the bands to 20k it'll limit the pool of players newer players have access to as the 7(?) clubs who can have a squad of say 50 instead of 45 could take up around 35 players in total from the pool

MJJ

By changing the bands to 20k it'll limit the pool of players newer players have access to as the 7(?) clubs who can have a squad of say 50 instead of 45 could take up around 35 players in total from the pool
Thats why was initially proposing cutting your squad limit rather than increasing everyone's as it would be better for the newbies but as varun pointed out that will take the fun out of the game for you so this seems the fairest option. Unless someone has another idea as to how we should do ths?

LitterBug

No-one likes (a) litterbug
Negredo the twat misses a penalty! Could have been a valuable point against a team who is miles better! Away form is terrible!

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
Draw with Liverpool, Ill take that keeps me second from bottom with QPR being bottom, but the shock of this round is Villa thumping United, i had a feeling Ozil was a jinx :devil:

Edit: scratch that i just looked at the stats im far from happy with that result.