Gaming The SM RedCafe League

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
Guys, Damo lost 2 consecutive matches. Let's keep the squad limit as it is, OK? :nervous:
Ozil is jinxed and no we want fairness and lumping tthe 40k stadiums in with a 70k+ stadium is not fairness, it would be like lumping every other group in the 40k group and having damo on his own the gap is that big in our group.
What myself and @MJJ where thinking was to amalgamate the 30 and 40K groups and then add in an idea @RedSky had but give it to the 30Ks instead which was they would get 52 players in an amalgamated group 2 tier group but a fair group.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Ozil is jinxed and no we want fairness and lumping tthe 40k stadiums in with a 70k+ stadium is not fairness, it would be like lumping every other group in the 40k group and having damo on his own the gap is that big in our group.
What myself and @MJJ where thinking was to amalgamate the 30 and 40K groups and then add in an idea @RedSky had but give it to the 30Ks instead which was they would get 52 players in an amalgamated group 2 tier group but a fair group.
I'll have a look tomorrow. How about you list all the clubs in the 45 ffp cap with their stadium sizes so we can make a better judgement on the issue.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Manchester United (Damien) - 76,212
Arsenal (Varun) - 60,362
Newcastle United (Mr Anderson) - 52,387
Sunderland (MJJ) - 49,000
Manchester City (JB7) - 47,726
Liverpool (Barney) - 45,522
Aston Villa (The Man Himself) - 42,788
Chelsea (christy87) - 42,055
Everton (The Stain) - 40,569

Manchester City's Etihad Stadium will be at 55k in time for the new Premier League season (link from 10/06/15)
Anfield currently undergoing expansion to 54k
Chelsea planning to redevelop Stamford Bridge to around 60k (link from 15/06/15)
Everton looking to have new stadium in Walton Hall Park with capacity around 50k, as usual there's funding problems (link from 23/05/15)

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
Manchester United 76,212

Arsenal 60,362

Newcastle United 52,387

Sunderland 49,000

Man City 47,726

Liverpool 45,522

Aston Villa 42,788

Chelsea 42,055

Everton 40,569

Leeds United 40,242

should be 54,000 by the next SM season
and I just wasted my time

Damien

Staff
Interesting seeing the teams planning on expanding. In a few years time there'll probably only be Aston Villa, Everton and Leeds in the low 40k. Rest will be high 40s with most mid 50k+

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
Interesting seeing the teams planning on expanding. In a few years time there'll probably only be Aston Villa, Everton and Leeds in the low 40k. Rest will be high 40s with most mid 50k+
and there is talk of Chelsea using Wembley while the bridge is being redeveloped, where else are they going to go in London.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
Holy shit, so you could be having the stadium with the highest capacity for a while!
The deal with them possibly using Wembley is for most of the season they would have no access to the top tier so 60k capacity but when some of the big teams play them they could be open, Wembley has something like 60 full stadium events a year the rest are restricted,but yeah SM would probably leave it as 90K.

Damien

Staff
Yeah it makes sense to have some sort of cap for most of the time so not as many stewards will be needed. It'd be a bit of a logistical nightmare if every game could have 90k capacity.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
CULLEN RETURNS TO FOOTBALL MANAGEMENT!

In the least anticipated managerial appointment of the season, Jakec has made the decision to come out of retirement joining Cardiff City, citing "My laptop just packed in, and I can't stand football manager handheld, so this really is my last resort."

The once relevant poster who is now perhaps best known for asking vague questions in the random chat thread and getting warnings for publicly asking for streams in match threads returned to soccer manager with a 2 0 win against Middlesborough. "I'm fairly happy with the performance, but any team that Lee Cattermole is able to play a starting role in is nothing to be excited about."

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
CULLEN RETURNS TO FOOTBALL MANAGEMENT!

In the least anticipated managerial appointment of the season, Jakec has made the decision to come out of retirement joining Cardiff City, citing "My laptop just packed in, and I can't stand football manager handheld, so this really is my last resort."

The once relevant poster who is now perhaps best known for asking vague questions in the random chat thread and getting warnings for publicly asking for streams in match threads returned to soccer manager with a 2 0 win against Middlesborough. "I'm fairly happy with the performance, but any team that Lee Cattermole is able to play a starting role in is nothing to be excited about."
Next time you are making a bid for a player hit the undisclosed option, i think its a red x it will change to a green tick and it located below the players offered on handheld things.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Manchester United 76,212
Arsenal 60,362
Newcastle United 52,387
Sunderland 49,000
Man City 47,726
Liverpool 45,522
Aston Villa 42,788
Chelsea 42,055
Everton 40,569
Leeds United 40,242

should be 54,000 by the next SM season
So looking at that... we have 3 options.

1. We change the FFP for clubs 40k - 50k
2. We include Newcastle in with above and have say a 55k+ limit
3. We do nothing and the top clubs can continue to moan

Last edited:

LitterBug

No-one likes (a) litterbug

Don't quite understand each option.

You change for 40-50k by increasing their allowance or decreasing? I thought the whole exercise was to change it for United who get much more revenue from matchday than others.

How about doing it on average attendance rather than stadium size?

Code:
Team    Average Attendance
Manchester United      75,831
Arsenal                60,338
Manchester City        46,625
Newcastle United      46,238
Liverpool                    43,630
Chelsea                    41,706
Aston Villa                39,088
Sunderland               38,628
Tottenham Hotspur     35,966
Everton                   35,724
West Ham United       33,663
Wolves                    29,930
Blackburn Rovers    28,954
Nottingham Forest    28,304
Stoke City              28,146
Southampton           27,963
Fulham                    26,431
Queens Park Rangers    24,992
Milton Keynes Dons    21,110
Darlington 1883           18,049
Sorry about the above not being in uniform. My OCD is busy today :lol:

Big Andy

Bloke
Guys, Damo lost 2 consecutive matches. Let's keep the squad limit as it is, OK? :nervous:
He's got the mighty Potters on thursday, so normal service will resume I fear...

I've started well enough, but don't have the depth for a sustained season of good results...

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Average attendance is tough, as it changes depending on the clubs league form and position. It would mean adjustments every so often.

JB7

Manchester City fully supports proposal 3 of doing nothing.

Damien

Staff
Average attendance is tough, as it changes depending on the clubs league form and position. It would mean adjustments every so often.
Indeed. When I was crap two seasons ago (when, funnily enough there were no complaints about my stadium capacity) I was a lot lower on the average attendance thing.

I think the current rules are fine, though I'll be seen as biased. Won't be long before City have the third highest stadium capacity and a few other clubs will be increasing their capacity too though it'll be happening over a longer period.

With the signing of Ozil, it won't be long before I'm out of the top four and my income is no longer the highest anyway.

Damien

Staff
European Roundup

Champions Cup:
  • Group A: Manchester United qualify as group winners with two games remaining
  • Group B: Newcastle United qualify with just one point needed to win their group
  • Group C: Sunderland are bottom of their group, three points behind second
  • Group D: Chelsea are third on goal difference in their group
Champions Shield
  • Group A: There are two English teams in this group but both Darlington 1883 and Stoke City are third and fourth respectively, one point behind second place
  • Group B: Nottingham Forest are knocked out with just one point from four games
  • Group C: Milton Keynes Dons have qualified, despite there not being a (q) symbol beside their name and are pretty much certain to be group winners
  • Group D: Arsenal have also qualified, despite there not being a (q) symbol beside their name and have a chance of winning their group
  • Group E: Manchester City are second with a decent chance of qualifying. They do need to beat Genoa in the next matchday to have the slightest chance of finishing top
  • Group F: Queens Park Rangers top their group
  • Group G: Tight group with Fulham being second and just two points ahead of third. All to play for though as first has the same number of points and same goal difference as them
  • Group H: Tottenham Hotspur will finish either first or second

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
The Geordies having great craic in Europe. Some of the topless beerbelly fans have a nice tan

Last edited: