Gaming The SM RedCafe League

Season 3 Matchday 1 Results

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Div 2 should be interesting this season, on paper Reading should cruise to victory, their club value is 30million better than Stoke who's 2nd. But it's pretty close after that. Stoke have the best first team by a country mile. But looking at the squads, the German/English/Spanish League reviews could make a big impact on the squads.

The fight for relegation is pretty clear:

Ipswich Town
Doncaster Rovers
Blackpool
Crystal Palace
Burnley

three of those five will be relegated looking at their squads.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Div 2 should be interesting this season, on paper Reading should cruise to victory, their club value is 30million better than Stoke who's 2nd. But it's pretty close after that. Stoke have the best first team by a country mile. But looking at the squads, the German/English/Spanish League reviews could make a big impact on the squads.
I just looked and Reading have 62 players! I have 23. A few long term injuries and I'm fecked.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I just looked and Reading have 62 players! I have 23. A few long term injuries and I'm fecked.
94 in their full squad - a wage bill of £1,147,810! Not sure how they'll cope with that, though a few of their players are risers so he can sell to make more money if he's tight for cash.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
You can loan in 3 players at 86 rating (not sure if you can loan 87 players?).

I tend to look at squad strength in Div 2 by looking at the amount of players they have in their squad at rating 87 or above.

Reading have 15 players.
Stoke have 16 players.
West Ham have 16 players.
Forest have 15 players.
Wednesday have 17 players.
Bolton have 17 players.
Norwich have 11 players.
Leicester have 14 players.

Taking that info into account and looking at the player ratings of each squad. I'd say Stoke are clear favorites with Bolton and West Ham close behind.

Damien

Staff
Top 10 biggest squads including loaned out players and not including loaned in players (full wage bill in brackets):

01. Reading - 94 (£1,159,810)
02. Manchester City - 71 (£1,542,115)
03. Darlington - 69 (£618,210)
04. Manchester United - 67 (£1,367,055)
05. Nottingham Forest - 54 (£698,065)
06. Tottenham Hotspur - 49 (£1,186,525)
07. Sheffield Wednesday - 46 (£661,790)
08. Peterborough United - 45 (£485,545)
09. Middlesbrough - 38 (£615,040)
10. Arsenal - 36 (£1,303,335)

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
I think I have about 15 players, probably only 11 above 87! I'm probably favourite for relegation.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
I thought my West Ham looked good last season but if pre-season is anything to go by I'll be lucky to escape relegation

Damien

Staff
I think I have about 15 players, probably only 11 above 87! I'm probably favourite for relegation.
Probably. The change in loan rules make things tougher as well as you can't really loan players as good as you used to be able to in the past. I'd have no problem loaning out the likes of Canales (87) to anyone who'd want him but the chairman won't let me, whereas last season he let Zarlak loan out Coutinho who was 87 rated at the time.

I have 2 (and that's only becuase I can't get shot of Carlo Nash!
5 here - 3 of them risers and the other two current United keepers (De Gea + Amos). So I'm pretty happy in that area.

I thought my West Ham looked good last season but if pre-season is anything to go by I'll be lucky to escape relegation
Friendlies are completely random, I'm sure you'll be fine. You're definitely one of the favourites.

BD

Thanks for the confidence there Damien. I have some dough in the bank. May need to bring in a player or two.

Damien

Staff
Thanks for the confidence there Damien. I have some dough in the bank. May need to bring in a player or two.
:D Sorry. What you did last season was incredible but it'll be even tougher this season. I do think you've got a chance of survival, especially if Leeds remain unmanaged and one of the teams you'd expect to be challenging for Europe unexpectedly has a bad season - then there's the other promoted teams and the ones from last season who stayed up. You've definitely got a chance but could do with spending the money you've got stored.

It'd also be worth you trying to get some of City's players on loan. He's got some good ones available.

BD

:D Sorry. What you did last season was incredible but it'll be even tougher this season. I do think you've got a chance of survival, especially if Leeds remain unmanaged and one of the teams you'd expect to be challenging for Europe unexpectedly has a bad season - then there's the other promoted teams and the ones from last season who stayed up. You've definitely got a chance but could do with spending the money you've got stored.

It'd also be worth you trying to get some of City's players on loan. He's got some good ones available.
Yeah, I'll have to have a proper look at players I could bring in. My starting XI is grand, cant really improve that, but I have little to no depth.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
Does anyone want an 87 rated GK at all then?

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
0-0 with Sunderland. Not a bad result considering his attack and midfield are stronger than mine. I was helped by Eto'o getting sent off :D

TheSamulator

classic sam. they love me, tbh
4-0 win over Middlesbrough, great start to the season.

City drew.

Managerless Leeds beat Everton.

Next up for me Marseille at home in the CL.
I haven't been able to get to a pc all day so my team was left on attacking setup. Never a great idea when you're up against a team as highly rated as yours! :lol:

BD

Europe, here we come!

Better enjoy it while it lasts.

Big Andy

Bloke
Who is the Liverpool manager who basically shortlisted my entire team as potential transfers?

Nice win tonight against a tough Arsenal team...United up next in the league...after an SMFA Shield game against Hannover...

Damien

Staff
Who is the Liverpool manager who basically shortlisted my entire team as potential transfers?

Nice win tonight against a tough Arsenal team...United up next in the league...after an SMFA Shield game against Hannover...
BarneyLFC. He's done it to most of us it seems.

You're definitely the favourites for our game. Hopefully Dortmund gets reviewed before then but I doubt it.

Damien

Staff
I haven't been able to get to a pc all day so my team was left on attacking setup. Never a great idea when you're up against a team as highly rated as yours! :lol:
:lol: You've still had a long time to set the team though.

You also managed to inflict a club record away defeat on me Damo. You robo-bastard.
Matched United's record home win. I'm surprised the home record win is 4-0 yet the record away win is 7-0. Will try and change the former this season.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Who is in charge of my Middlesbrough team these days? And how are they continuing my legacy of magnificence?

Damien

Staff
It says Barney was removed as manager by SMFA, or was he kicked out by maniak?
I doubt it. Think maniak said he couldn't sack managers. Very weird that it happened though, I was only speaking to him 7 or 8 hours ago. Can't think what angered them.

Who is in charge of my Middlesbrough team these days? And how are they continuing my legacy of magnificence?
TheSkeldinator - he's doing great. Got to the playoffs, won it and is now in division 1. Lost 4-0 in his first div 1 game but he was playing against me.

Damien

Staff
Three more rating changes for me to youths:

Code:
João CANCELO (RB/LB)         +3    78
Adrián CENTURIÓN (LM/Wing)   +8    83
André GOMES (CM/AM)          +5    80
Doesn't look like Gotze will be reviewed before I play Chelsea.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
TheSkeldinator - he's doing great. Got to the playoffs, won it and is now in division 1. Lost 4-0 in his first div 1 game but he was playing against me.
Meh, hardly the most daunting prospect! I had a pretty decent record* against you if I recall...

*I beat you that one time

Damien

Staff
Meh, hardly the most daunting prospect! I had a pretty decent record* against you if I recall...

:lol:

Yeah, you thrashed me 3-0 the first time we met. I beat you 2-1 the second game. Of course there's a bit of a difference in quality of squads between Leeds v Middlesbrough and Manchester United v Middlesbrough.

More loan bids have come in, wage bill down to just over £1.1M now with 30 players loaned out.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout

He came in with a few games to go in the season and pushed me out of the playoffs. I called Maniak a cnut. He won't ever listen because he rarely reads anything on the Caf.

He'll get relegated this year though, just what he deserves.