Gaming The SM RedCafe League

Turnip

likes to be spanked with games consoles
Why do I have a friendly arranged the day after the playoff semi final and before the final?
All my players are at 100% even after last night for some reason, so does the friendly take condition percentage away? If so I guess I'll have to rotate most of my squad, need everyone fresh for tomorrow night.

Varun

Staff
Why do I have a friendly arranged the day after the playoff semi final and before the final?
All my players are at 100% even after last night for some reason, so does the friendly take condition percentage away? If so I guess I'll have to rotate most of my squad, need everyone fresh for tomorrow night.
Friendlies don't affect condition. No one gets injured either.

Turnip

Friendlies don't affect condition. No one gets injured either.
Oh good, I can be lazy and not swap my team. Unless you're the ones I've got to play and just want chico injured?!

Redmanager Rating System

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Redmanager Rating Table

I've added most of the top European Clubs to this now. I'd like to know what you guys think about the Ratings on the whole.

A few things for you to note:

- If a players been injured for a long time their ratings won't change (see Wilshere)
- I've taken the players ratings on July 1st 2015 from SM and then let my rating system do the 3 rating windows.
- This is still work in progress i'm tweaking things a little bit, but hopefully this is nearly done now.
- Thanks to Damien for giving me a hand on this, much appreciated mate.
- I do have more of the smaller clubs added but thought i'd just do the big ones for now otherwise it might be a tad overwhelming!

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Ivanovic 92?
First team regular (plays 90mins in every game for Chelsea).

It calculates the following for every possible fixture they could play:

- Club Rank (UEFA style ranking system)
- Result (win/draw/loss)
- Mins
- Matchday Status (start/bench/not in squad/injured)
- Clean Sheet
- Goals Conceded
- Goals
- Assists
- Own Goals
- Yellow Card
- Red Card

Anustart89

Ah, fair enough. Is whoscored rating (or something to that effect) considered? Because with that rating system, it would follow that Rooney would never drop despite being awful, right?

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Ah, fair enough. Is whoscored rating (or something to that effect) considered? Because with that rating system, it would follow that Rooney would never drop despite being awful, right?
Nah I just take stats, no other website rating is considered. If Rooney was benched for a few games or even dropped altogether then his rating would fall (see de gea at start of the season of last season)

Varun

Staff
First team regular (plays 90mins in every game for Chelsea).

It calculates the following for every possible fixture they could play:

- Club Rank (UEFA style ranking system)
- Result (win/draw/loss)
- Mins
- Matchday Status (start/bench/not in squad/injured)
- Clean Sheet
- Goals Conceded
- Goals
- Assists
- Own Goals
- Yellow Card
- Red Card
Fully stats based then. How do modric and pogba compare rating wise?

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Ah never mind, just saw the table in your earlier post. Both 94s
Aye, will be interesting to see how Pogbas rating do this season. Pogba, Zlatan and Mkhi were all at clubs with a higher Club Ranking than United.

The Club Ranking is done by evaluating the previous 36 months of club form.

Varun

Staff
Aye, will be interesting to see how Pogbas rating do this season. Pogba, Zlatan and Mkhi were all at clubs with a higher Club Ranking than United.

The Club Ranking is done by evaluating the previous 36 months of club form.
Yep, there would be a tendency for players who are doing well not getting the proper rating if their club isn't doing well but that's quite fair tbf as long as the impact isn't very drastic. 36 months is a perfect period too. I so want to see all the ratings but it's a pain on the phone as it won't let me zoom out and I end to keep scrolling left right. Will have a look from my laptop once I'm home.

Turnip

Against the odds - after a bizarre penalty shoot-out in which only 1/10 pens was scored - West Ham have managed to secure promotion to Divisao 1.

Now gimme some >90 rated players who aren't in their 40's, for the love of god.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Yep, there would be a tendency for players who are doing well not getting the proper rating if their club isn't doing well but that's quite fair tbf as long as the impact isn't very drastic. 36 months is a perfect period too. I so want to see all the ratings but it's a pain on the phone as it won't let me zoom out and I end to keep scrolling left right. Will have a look from my laptop once I'm home.
Cheers, i'm adding more clubs so you should have a better database anyway. If I can be bothered i'll tag your players for you so you can filter them out.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
@Damien i'm looking to join up, what teams are free?

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
@RedSky

How are you importing the stats into the data? And guessing you're importing them on a quarterly basis.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
@RedSky

How are you importing the stats into the data? And guessing you're importing them on a quarterly basis.
Every 4 months they get imported.

I'm using a system that takes them from a website, it's not the best solution at present and when I get the game running i'll look at potentially buying an opta stats package (or something similar).

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Every 4 months they get imported.

I'm using a system that takes them from a website, it's not the best solution at present and when I get the game running i'll look at potentially buying an opta stats package (or something similar).
Ah so it's automated right now?

The ratings look fairly solid. Let me know if you need help for adding any data for other leagues etc...Guessing only a few leagues have been added so far

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Ah so it's automated right now?

The ratings look fairly solid. Let me know if you need help for adding any data for other leagues etc...Guessing only a few leagues have been added so far
Only 7 leagues but I don't want to do anymore than that for the time being. I'm just slowly going through all the players.

There will come a point when i'll do a very basic trial run of the matchengine. I'll contact you then and put you down as a tester (that would basically mean you'd get given a random selection of players and you'd choose formation/tactics then submit it to me). That ok?

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Only 7 leagues but I don't want to do anymore than that for the time being. I'm just slowly going through all the players.

There will come a point when i'll do a very basic trial run of the matchengine. I'll contact you then and put you down as a tester (that would basically mean you'd get given a random selection of players and you'd choose formation/tactics then submit it to me). That ok?
Sounds great!

I need a new football manager game. SM is too shit and FM is way too time consuming. So, hopefully this is it.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
@Damien i'm looking to join up, what teams are free?
Leeds United is probably best bet. They'll be in Division 3 but have largest stadium by miles from those left. They've got quite a few good players - albeit old - and they've got 48 players on their books so plenty of scope to sell, get some cash and bring new ones in.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Leeds United is probably best bet. They'll be in Division 3 but have largest stadium by miles from those left. They've got quite a few good players - albeit old - and they've got 48 players on their books so plenty of scope to sell, get some cash and bring new ones in.
Cheers Damo just applied to join, I'm a total noob at this so will need some help at the start.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Cool, accepted. Any questions you have just ask here or in the COC convo as most of us there play it*

*except for grylte and ss but they love being pelted with questions about this game.