Gaming The SM RedCafe League

Varun

Staff
1. No managed clubs deal with him
2. Every AI bid he makes to be disclosed here if other managers who have the player shortlisted don't bid within 'x' hours.
3. Maintain a separate league table which excludes all results vs Pool in the league and use that table for league standings.
4. Report him

None of it is an ideal solution but ostracizing him from the league is where we should start.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Im with you on this one hundred percentm apart from pablo i don't think anyobdy would not abide by this rule correct? Well i propose we make a new league, let the managers with the most points have choice of team in order, keep this gw alive until everyone is settled then kill the gw .
Litter Bug was the one person who I thought would have been most likely not to abide by it but he's been pretty good - doesn't even have one violation.

Hate to see you go @Dom Gill, and have put a temp manager in charge so if stuff does change in the short term you're more than welcome back.

I'm with Gythio that new league should be last resort but don't know what to do. Pablo is adamant about not leaving. Gythio suggested another lengthy transfer ban (if he adheres) - thoughts?

2. Every AI bid he makes to be disclosed here if other managers who have the player shortlisted don't bid within 'x' hours.
3. Maintain a separate league table which excludes all results vs Pool in the league and use that table for league standings.
4. Report him

None of it is an ideal solution but ostracizing him from the league is where we should start.
Agree with all of that. Glad you've volunteered to make the league table.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
4. Report him

My only issue with this is that once he realizes he's been ostricised what's to stop him going mental and just signing hundreds of players?

I've not been in for as long as you guys so I'm not as emotionally and mentally invested into the league, so it's not as hard to take the idea of starting fresh. The issue I do have with that is what is to stop this happening again some point down the line. Maybe if we kept it solely to redcafe users we could agree that breaking the rules and refusing to resign could suspend your caf account which people are far more likely to not want to happen.

Damien

Staff
My only issue with this is that once he realizes he's been ostricised what's to stop him going mental and just signing hundreds of players?

I've not been in for as long as you guys so I'm not as emotionally and mentally invested into the league, so it's not as hard to take the idea of starting fresh. The issue I do have with that is what is to stop this happening again some point down the line. Maybe if we kept it solely to redcafe users we could agree that breaking the rules and refusing to resign could suspend your caf account which people are far more likely to not want to happen.
Liverpool manager used to be on the caf before getting banned.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima

Let him do that, he will eventually rinse his finances, the young players he's not guaranteed to get as they normally get multiple bids. You have to be a sad b@stard to hang around in a game world where no one wants you around so you would imagine he'll eventually feck off, but then again he is a Pool fan after all.

Agree with @Varun's idea.

Varun

Staff
Litter Bug was the one person who I thought would have been most likely not to abide by it but he's been pretty good - doesn't even have one violation.

Hate to see you go @Dom Gill, and have put a temp manager in charge so if stuff does change in the short term you're more than welcome back.

I'm with Gythio that new league should be last resort but don't know what to do. Pablo is adamant about not leaving. Gythio suggested another lengthy transfer ban (if he adheres) - thoughts?

Agree with all of that. Glad you've volunteered to make the league table.
:lol:

He's broke. The 30mil or so cash i added to the Salah deal took him out of red so he's not going to be able to do that. Also, agree that we should limit it to folks who've been on the caf for a while from now on.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
:lol:

He's broke. The 30mil or so cash i added to the Salah deal took him out of red so he's not going to be able to do that. Also, agree that we should limit it to folks who've been on the caf for a while from now on.
Ah that's good to know then at least his effect on the game will be limited then.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
I don't see any other way around this other than setting up another league at the end of the season and it will show people how serious we take it if they are going to act childish

Ravelation

Krump at me Bro
@Damien Impose a permanent transfer ban on Liverpool between other managers until he resigns and picks another club*, put that on the GW for all to see.

CrackersJr

cum covered cherries
I don't see any other way around this other than setting up another league at the end of the season and it will show people how serious we take it if they are going to act childish
As much as we need to make a statement like that. Unfortunately I'm not sure that's the answer as we will probably lose a lot of people who have built up their squads from zilch. Case and point if Greeny. It's also very hard to see a way to ensure everyone gets the same players they had in this GW cause money would be an issue

Ravelation

Krump at me Bro
As much as we need to make a statement like that. Unfortunately I'm not sure that's the answer as we will probably lose a lot of people who have built up their squads from zilch. Case and point if Greeny. It's also very hard to see a way to ensure everyone gets the same players they had in this GW cause money would be an issue
Yeah that would be super unfair on greeny, cardiff , wolves. etc.. it really dont seem an option on second thoughts

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
It could be done give the correct amount of money and bans for buying other people's players,

Damien

Staff
Liverpool manager Pablo said he'll quit. If anyone in the league + Dom Gill wants to take over, message me either by replying to here, on SM or via PM. If more than one person wants it, it'll go to a vote. You have until this timer ends to register interest.

CrackersJr

cum covered cherries
Liverpool manager Pablo said he'll quit. If anyone in the league + Dom Gill wants to take over, message me either by replying to here, on SM or via PM. If more than one person wants it, it'll go to a vote. You have until this timer ends to register interest.

When it was last vacant you wanted to butcher the team if Pablo didn't want it. Can we not just have a FFA and hack away at the team until there's nothing left....

Damien

Staff
Vote is now up for the Liverpool job.

On one side we have Herrera (Charlton Athletic) and on the other we have L M (West Ham)

I've set up a conversation for people to vote, and will make a thread on SM for the non-caf members to vote on.

Damien

Staff
Manchester United Ligue 1 players

Prediction (and a very optimistic one)
Player Name​
Age​
Rating​
Club​
Prediction​
New Rating​
Kylian Mbappe​
21​
95​
Paris Saint-Germain​
No Change​
-​
Axel Disasi​
22​
85​
Monaco​
+2 (87)​
-​
Dario Maresic​
21​
83​
Reims​
No Change​
-​
Hichem Boudaoui​
21​
80​
Nice​
No Change​
-​
Ferhat Cogalan​
18​
68​
Lille​
No Change​
-​

UPMR = United Player Minutes Ranking (out of 40 as there are five players on 0)
CR = Club Ranking in their respective league

Disclaimer: Minutes only take the league into account. A few play in other competitions which might also be taken into account when SM do their ratings.

I imagine Disasi will get +1 at best, but he's the vice captain of Monaco in his first season and they're 5th.

spontaneus1

Hamster, damn!
Barnsley Ligue 1 Predictions.
Player Name
Club
Prediction
New Rating
Thiago Mendes​
28​
90​
Lyon​
No change​
-​
Loic Bade​
20​
73​
Lens​
+7 (80)​
-​
Josh Maja​
21​
83​
Bordeaux​
No change​
-​

CrackersJr

cum covered cherries
Rating guestimates

NameClubCurrent RatingExpected ChangeActual ChangeNew Rating
Andy PelmardNice80+3+282
Aleksandr GolovinMonaco890
Sinaly Diomande OL73+5
Moussa DembeleOL900

Damien

Staff
My updates are back. Another 2:1 victory over Norwich with my reserves.

Oblak (95)

Elvedi (90) Boateng (91) Christensen (90) Gaya (91)
Zakaria (91) Kovacic (91)
Pulisic (91) -- Vinicius Jr (89) -- Brandt (91)⚽
Sterling (94)⚽➕⭐

Subs: Alaba (93), Ramos (95), Van Dijk (96), Kroos (95), Goretzka (92), Sancho (92), Mbappe (95)
Suspended: Griezmann (94)
Did not travel: Trent (93), Eriksen (93)

Key:
⚽ = Goal
➕ = Assist
⭐ = MOTM
= Subbed off
= Subbed on

Next three games:
CCR1L1: Real Betis (H)
MD28: Darlington (H)
MD29: Cardiff City (A)

Manchester United v Norwich City fixtures this season

GameUtd PossNorwich City PossUtd Shots (SoT)Norwich Shots (SoT)Utd GoalsNorwich GoalsUtd SoT Conv.Norwich SoT Conv.
8th October: Utd v Norwich
63%
37%​
17 (8)
10 (2)​
1​
25%​
50%
13th December: Norwich v Utd
56%
44%​
14 (6)