Gaming The SM RedCafe League

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

Stats overall are fairly similar with the biggest thing sticking out being United's conversion rate is much worse (plus more of United's oppos shots being on target compared to Everton). Still pissed over the defeats to Everton.

Weird that in the three games before the decider, Everton conceded the only shot on target in each. United not being able to convert their chances being the biggest factor.

Damien

Staff
Division 1 side Liverpool now available to people not in the league. They have £67.9M bank balance with the below an excerpt of their highest rated players:

Anyone not in the league but interested in taking over them has until 6pm GMT on Saturday to register their interest to me either via PM or by replying to this thread.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Teun Koopmeiners was the SM featured player today. 22 games 11 goals and 5 assists from DM and CB.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
SM featured player?
Yeah they do a featured player on their socials. I’m a huge fan of Koop (personally think he’d be a great replacement for Matic) and I’m glad he’s getting a bit of spotlight on the game should be due a rise he’s the best performing DM/CM in the league right now.

The Taurean

looks like a chipmunk
Nothing is so common as the wish to be remarkable.
Yeah they do a featured player on their socials. I’m a huge fan of Koop (personally think he’d be a great replacement for Matic) and I’m glad he’s getting a bit of spotlight on the game should be due a rise he’s the best performing DM/CM in the league right now.
Didnt know about that.
Koop is the bright spark in AZ this season.

Damien

Staff
I have two highly rated Villa youngsters and neither are even in the squad today. :lol: Typical.
Philogene-Bidance was explained by the commentators as him having to isolate due to sharing a room with someone who trains with the first team squad. Unlucky there. Don't know about Chuk but with how highly rated he is I'm guessing he had to isolate too.

I was a bit surprised that Louie Barry ended up starting given how highly rated he is - thought he would have been part of that first team bubble too.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Philogene-Bidance was explained by the commentators as him having to isolate due to sharing a room with someone who trains with the first team squad. Unlucky there. Don't know about Chuk but with how highly rated he is I'm guessing he had to isolate too.

I was a bit surprised that Louie Barry ended up starting given how highly rated he is - thought he would have been part of that first team bubble too.
Chuk was in the same position too been in contact with first team squad/staff.

Damien

Staff
@Damien Time for our Liverpool draft.
Nah, yesterday at 11.30am, @Sandyman messaged me asking if it was available. When the temp manager resigned, the deal for him to be the next Liverpool manager was pretty much sorted, was just waiting for the application.

Welcome to the league, @Sandyman. Your squad cap is 50 (includes players you have and players loaned out). You are at 50 players right now, so before bringing in more players, you have to sell first. You can part exchange players until then on a one in-one out basis but you can't accept 2 players part exchanged for one of yours until you're below 50.

Any questions just ask.

Damien

Staff
I've estimated that 15 players of mine are in line for a playing concern thanks to being knocked out of one of the cups at first attempt and a number of players getting increases so their playing time needed has risen. Will heavily rotate against @harshad and @infamous7 in a futile attempt to reduce the concerns, so fully expecting them to get all six points.

CrackersJr

cum covered cherries
I've estimated that 15 players of mine are in line for a playing concern thanks to being knocked out of one of the cups at first attempt and a number of players getting increases so their playing time needed has risen. Will heavily rotate against @harshad and @infamous7 in a futile attempt to reduce the concerns, so fully expecting them to get all six points.
liessss

you will rotate but still have a strong team. Its all a big attempt at jinxing! Doubtful you will get more than 1 concern

Damien

Staff
As in do you have a template of how you set it up? The excel file?
Did it on Google Sheets. Took a bit of time to set up but works fine.

• The column furthest to the right is the number of turns the player can possibly participate in. If they're injured or suspended for a league game, I reduce it by 1 (guess another reason I've had problems with rotating is had hardly any long term injuries this season for once).
  • The column to the left of that (Pts needed), has this formula: =MROUND(Column furthest to the right*(0.01*Target),0.5) which, basically gets 80% or whatever of the number in the column furthest to the right and rounds it up to the nearest 0.5
  • The column to the left of that (Needed) is Pts needed - Column furthest to the left
  • The column % is the percentage the players have played in compared to the percentage needed

harshad

Play the odds, not the man - Poor man's Harvey
Scout
On a long road that returns to Old Trafford!!!
You can put in your 3rd team and you will still win :lol:

Sandyman

Nah, yesterday at 11.30am, @Sandyman messaged me asking if it was available. When the temp manager resigned, the deal for him to be the next Liverpool manager was pretty much sorted, was just waiting for the application.

Welcome to the league, @Sandyman. Your squad cap is 50 (includes players you have and players loaned out). You are at 50 players right now, so before bringing in more players, you have to sell first. You can part exchange players until then on a one in-one out basis but you can't accept 2 players part exchanged for one of yours until you're below 50.

Any questions just ask.
Thank you. Duly noted.

infamous7

sm god willing

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Did it on Google Sheets. Took a bit of time to set up but works fine.

• The column furthest to the right is the number of turns the player can possibly participate in. If they're injured or suspended for a league game, I reduce it by 1 (guess another reason I've had problems with rotating is had hardly any long term injuries this season for once).
  • The column to the left of that (Pts needed), has this formula: =MROUND(Column furthest to the right*(0.01*Target),0.5) which, basically gets 80% or whatever of the number in the column furthest to the right and rounds it up to the nearest 0.5
  • The column to the left of that (Needed) is Pts needed - Column furthest to the left
  • The column % is the percentage the players have played in compared to the percentage needed
Cheers!

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Bit late in the season to bother now but you should be able to set one up in time for next season and as long as you're on top of things it really helps. Think I've won most of my trophies in the time I had the spreadsheet set up.
Yeah I’m going to set it up for next season instead.

I’m pretty good at rotating for subs etc but I know I’m going to lose players as a result of concerns if I don’t keep on top of it especially with the rises I expect by summer time.

Damien

Staff

Results from the European semi-final first legs (major honours in brackets)

Champions Cup
(32) Manchester United 4:1 Everton (13)
(0) Cardiff City 4:1 Sevilla (N/A)

SMFA Shield
(13) Darlington 1:1 Fulham (3)
(N/A) Bordeaux 1:2 Hoffenheim (N/A)

CrackersJr

cum covered cherries
Good move for both he stalled a bit at Lyon.
Yea, it was a very sudden stall too. In one of his exit comments to his manager he said he lost motivation. I reckon that not starting a game for most of the season put a massive dent in his confidence. Not like he didn't have a good season last year!

CrackersJr

cum covered cherries
Are they really moving on past Atalanta? Was expecting a +1 to De Roon. Has played pretty much every game last season and missed only 2 games this season. Favourtisim towards strikers

Damien

Staff
Manchester United La Liga players

Prediction (and a very optimistic one)
Player NameAgeRatingClubPredictionNew Rating
Sergio Ramos
3495Real MadridNo Change-
Toni Kroos
3195Real MadridNo Change-
Jan Oblak
2895Atletico MadridNo Change-
Antoine Griezmann
2994Barcelona-1 (93)-
Jose Gaya
2591Valencia-1 (90)-
Vinicius Junior
2089Real MadridNo Change-
Sergino Dest
2085Barcelona+2 (87)-

UPMR = United Player Minutes Ranking (out of 41 as there are four players on 0)
CR = Club Ranking in their respective league

Disclaimer: Minutes only take the league into account. A few play in other competitions which might also be taken into account when SM do their ratings.

CrackersJr

cum covered cherries
Manchester United La Liga players

Prediction (and a very optimistic one)
Player NameAgeRatingClubPredictionNew Rating
Sergio Ramos
3495Real MadridNo Change-
Toni Kroos
3195Real MadridNo Change-
Jan Oblak
2895Atletico MadridNo Change-
Antoine Griezmann
2994Barcelona-1 (93)-
Jose Gaya
2591Valencia-1 (90)-
Vinicius Junior
2089Real MadridNo Change-
Sergino Dest
2085Barcelona+2 (87)-

UPMR = United Player Minutes Ranking (out of 41 as there are four players on 0)
CR = Club Ranking in their respective league

Disclaimer: Minutes only take the league into account. A few play in other competitions which might also be taken into account when SM do their ratings.
a -1 and still trying to hawk off... awful just awful!

Also what is happening at Valencia!?

Damien

Staff
What happens when players retire? How fast does the game delete them normally?
If a player's status changes to Retire, they go from the game at the end of the SM season.

a -1 and still trying to hawk off... awful just awful!

Also what is happening at Valencia!?
Lim got rid of a lot of players and their manager who is tearing it up at Athletic(?).