Gaming The SM RedCafe League

Dom Gill

Pretty sure you'll lose it. I think I remember someone else cursing their shortlist disappearing. Shortlist is tied to club rather than the manager, and when manager leaves the club the shortlist gets wiped.

You've got time to look through your shortlist and make a note of the players you want to keep. Or you can give me Greenwood for Pulisic and Eriksen and everyone's happy.
Anyone can put their top shortlist players here for safe keeping when changing clubs. We will all close our eyes when you do... :eek:

Ravelation

Krump at me Bro
I, Sir Ravelation the Inferior of Darlington, Stayer of short years, Bringer of Success,
Would formally like you to accept my application for the position of Arsenal manager, I would like to be considered not on the basis of my success at rebuilding, but on the merit of my popularity, for which Benito is the inferior.

I present...
RED, RED, WHITE!

In all honesty the last application took a lot outta me, I didn't even find the time to rotate my squad for the cup match.
Here is a couple memes instead...

Good luck to everyone.

Last edited:

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
I, Sir Ravelation the Inferior of Darlington, Stayer of short years, Bringer of Success,
Would formally like you to accept my application for the position of Arsenal manager, I would like to be considered not on the basis of my success at rebuilding, but on the merit of my popularity, for which Benito is the inferior.

I present...
RED, RED, WHITE!

In all honesty the last application took a lot outta me, I didn't even find the time to rotate my squad for the cup match.
Here is a couple memes instead...

Good luck to everyone.
Bobby Newport = Ravelation
Leslie Knope = Benito
The Election/City Councillor = Arsenal Job

Im applying because the Arsenal job requires commitment Varun stayed 9 years at the club Ravelation would stay 9 minutes before his head gets turned. I’ve had poos that have lasted longer than he has at Darlington.

The club needs a big rebuild. Something I think my Cardiff side is showing I’m capable of. See previous application for Aston Villa as to why.

Arsenal should also be capable of winning the league. I am confident I could do that next season with that squad before then rebuilding. Someone needs to seriously challenge Everton and Manchester United and I believe I can do that with Arsenal.

Appointing Ravelation would be like appointing Arteta. He’s stylish and likeable but ultimately not good enough. Appointing me is like appointing peak Mourinho (00s and early 10s) I’m not going to kiss ass to get a job but ill win because I’m a special one. Very special. I’m your special friend.

Ravelation is the Bobby Newport of SM. I’m Leslie Knope. So let’s say….

KNOPE TO RAVELATION
YES TO BENITO

Last edited:

Ravelation

Krump at me Bro
Same I'm surprised, I'd have made more of an effort had I known it was just me and benito.

Benito, anyone would think I've ruined two great teams the way your propoganda has me set up.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Same I'm surprised, I'd have made more of an effort had I known it was just me and benito.

Benito, anyone would think I've ruined two great teams the way your propoganda has me set up.
So you’ve half arsed it? Arteta 2.0

Ravelation

Krump at me Bro
So you’re less committed to this process?
Yes, I dont think anyone was as committed to the villa application process as I was, did you not see the 7 parter.

Everyone knows what we're like as managers so it's just a matter of voting now, not much more needs be said.

I want to manage arsenal, win a title and move into div 5, that's the plan whoever inherits Cardiff or Darlington has two great squads to work with, cardiff first 11 is better but I think the squad of Darlington has so many gems.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Yes, I dont think anyone was as committed to the villa application process as I was, did you not see the 7 parter.

Everyone knows what we're like as managers so it's just a matter of voting now, not much more needs be said.

I want to manage arsenal, win a title and move into div 5, that's the plan whoever inherits Cardiff or Darlington has two great squads to work with, cardiff first 11 is better but I think the squad of Darlington has so many gems.
I’m just winding you up @Damien give it to @Ravelation I withdraw.

Good luck mate go win a title!

ThehatchetMan

Plz look at Me! Pay attention to Me!
Supports
Crusaders FC
:lol: Welcome to the mains mate!
Oh it's revertant for you pal! :lol:

If any clubs have a vacancy for a Chaplin then let me know lads. Unless it's a Wolverhampton Wanderers, I've learned from past experiences to avoid them.

Ravelation

Krump at me Bro
There are quite a few vacancies, as it goes either Cardiff or Darlington will be available soon possibly on a vote basis, so keep your eyes peeled.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
@BenitoSTARR @Ravelation sorry for the delay, we are still waiting on a number of votes (but not that many). Here are the options, and say which you prefer:
1) Wait for rest of votes to come in, no matter how long it takes
2) Have a deadline of tomorrow at 12pm noon - whoever is in the lead at that point wins but if it is a tie then Varun has the deciding vote

Ravelation

Krump at me Bro
@BenitoSTARR @Ravelation sorry for the delay, we are still waiting on a number of votes (but not that many). Here are the options, and say which you prefer:
1) Wait for rest of votes to come in, no matter how long it takes
2) Have a deadline of tomorrow at 12pm noon - whoever is in the lead at that point wins but if it is a tie then Varun has the deciding vote
I'd go for the latter at this point its just causing issues within our own clubs it taking this long.

But I'm happy to do whichever benito wants to do, if benito chose the opposite we will go with the opposite.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I'm not bothered how long it takes, but I know you both might feel differently hence asking, but yeah if one of you wants to wait, we'll wait. There aren't that many votes we're waiting on but it could be up to a week or more before they're in.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
I'm not bothered how long it takes, but I know you both might feel differently hence asking, but yeah if one of you wants to wait, we'll wait. There aren't that many votes we're waiting on but it could be up to a week or more before they're in.
Honestly at this point just genuinely give it to Ravelation

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Are you sure?
Yeah I don’t think he’s lying about wanting to do the division 5 challenge and his squad will be more fun to draft then mine.

Anyone who did vote for me genuine thanks I really wanted the job until Rav mentioned he wanted to Div 5.