The solely "buying from the Premier League" transfer thread

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Give me your PL players you want to see at United, the players who you feel are a) realistic and b) would be a "hidden gem" that could make the step up with us.

I'd have a go at Eze and Danny Ings.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
De Bruyne would be unbelievable for us. Días or Laporte would help solve our CB problems. Alexander-Arnold would give Wan-Bisakka healthy competition and give a better attacking outlet on the right, which suits us really as we don’t have a proper right winger.

We should be in for them this summer if we’re serious about challenging. Would weaken title rivals, too.

wolvored

We definitely need a CM if Pogba goes and I think he will. Yves Bissouma would be a good addition. Rice to play DM. These 2 would transform our midfield with Bruno/VDB as the AM. We need a striker and it would have to be Kane for big money or Calvert Lewin for a bit less. I dont know whats happening about defence now Bailley has signed on again.

Mortegard

Boring answer, but Declan Rice to replace Matic in the role he used to have as a single holding midfielder in matches where the opponent park the bus. And Kane! I think we could challenge for the title with those two. But not going to happen. With super league down the drain (a good thing), I think the Glaziers would be very reluctant to spend cash.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Johnstone
Castagne Konsa Adarabioyo Robinson
Bissouma Ndidi
Raphinha Pereira McNeill
Watkins

Riz

Saint-Maximan and Raphinha have both been very good whenever I’ve seen them and would go some way to balancing out our threat from the right if we’ve abandoned the Sancho deal, however you’d think neither would be that cheap anyway.

I also don’t think we’d be able to afford either Rice or Ndidi considering how much the 2 clubs would ask for them but I think either would complement our midfield very well.

Calvert Lewin is a little more realistic than Kane/Halaand but, again, would probably soak up our whole budget.

romufc

The problem with buying from the premier league is that the prices teams quote is so inflated, its just pointless.

Declan Rice, Grealish, Fofana, Ndidi all would cost over £60m.

Signing from the premier league is just too difficult if you are trying to bring in 3/4 players. If we were in a position we need one signing to complete our team, it would be worth it, but because we never sign enough to complete our squad, we go into every season needing 3/4 players.

We have known for 8 years we need a RW, we played 5/6 seasons without a RB.

Steve Bruce

Raphina
Bissouma

Not premier league but Edourde from Celtic.

I think all 3 are doable, I just don't think we'll do any of them.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Tielemans.

2 years left on his contract. Pogba's replacement if he goes.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

Loving some of the shouts and I agree that some PL deals are prohibitive but others I think won't be so bad;

ASM for example, I don't see being massive money (sub £40m).
Pedro Neto, again sub £50m I reckon.
Raphinha could be expensive but looks like a talented player to replace James on the RW.
Bissouma is the type of player, you give Brighton £40m-£50m for and then never look back.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

De Bruyne would be unbelievable for us. Días or Laporte would help solve our CB problems. Alexander-Arnold would give Wan-Bisakka healthy competition and give a better attacking outlet on the right, which suits us really as we don’t have a proper right winger.

We should be in for them this summer if we’re serious about challenging. Would weaken title rivals, too.
You didn't read the OP did you...

RUCK4444

Fofana
Ndidi
Saka
Kane

Fofana and Saka are young and a tad raw but both look to be top players in the making.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
They signed him for quite a lot only 9 months ago. To get him it would probably cost similar to AWB kind of money? Is he worth it? All I’ve seen of him is that ridiculous red card, just as Villa were getting back into it last week.
Oh I know we wouldn’t get him, and secondly I’m happy with our fullbacks. I was just pointing out that the team was completely revamped and he was worth a shout for the team hypothetically

AgentSmith

Grealish, Rice, and Fofana if money is no object.

Raphinha, Bissouma, and Andersen as more ‘realistic’ options.

I think Lookman and Pereira would also be fantastic signings for clubs willing to give him a forgiving platform to thrive in. Someone like Brighton should be all over them and a new CF.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
I. Like Dwight McNeil and I want to see what he could do in a more attacking team with better players around him.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I. Like Dwight McNeil and I want to see what he could do in a more attacking team with better players around him.
Me too, he’d probably be AWB type money though. If he’s a success it doesn’t really matter I suppose. I think he’d be a very good option for rotation with Rashford and even at left wing back if we are playing low block teams.

Lamptey is another good shout. He’s been impressive if still slightly under the radar.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Only Grealish is realistic
Would love Fofana but no way Leicester sell him at this stage.
Saka

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Tielemans, Dunk, Bissouma, Raphinha, Grealish, ASM, Robinson (Fulham) , Ayling would all improve our Squad !

CM10

Raphinha if we can't get a deal done for Sancho, potentially with Dan James going the other way.

Aside from that I don't think there's a great deal of value out there. Kane would obviously elevate us but you're talking crazy money for him.