Television The Sopranos

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
On series 2. Richie Aprile is such a brilliant villain. Chris' two stupid pals are hilarious. "Now we look like jerk offs". Also Carmela going to her neighbours sisters office to intimidate her into writing Meadow a letter of recommendation is classic Carmela. Twot.

Nickosaur

So after an incredible year of watching this on boxset, I finally sit down tonight to watch the last episode.

But every time I click to start the episode, it freezes. I've cleaned the disc, no scratches, and the other episodes on the disk work absolutely fine... what are the fecking chances?!?

I've tried everything. Resigned to watching a fecking stream of it on some shite website. Better be fecking good!

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
So after an incredible year of watching this on boxset, I finally sit down tonight to watch the last episode.

But every time I click to start the episode, it freezes. I've cleaned the disc, no scratches, and the other episodes on the disk work absolutely fine... what are the fecking chances?!?

I've tried everything. Resigned to watching a fecking stream of it on some shite website. Better be fecking good!
Pretty sure it is on NowTV? They usually run offers/free trials so you should be able to get it fairly cheap.

manutddjw

What’s everyone’s interpretation of Hesh’s girlfriend dying in one of the last episodes? Was it unrelated or did Tony have something to do with it over being pushed to pay back his debt?

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
What’s everyone’s interpretation of Hesh’s girlfriend dying in one of the last episodes? Was it unrelated or did Tony have something to do with it over being pushed to pay back his debt?
I thought it was just one of those random life occurrences that the show often threw into episodes.

Gazza

I found it a strange plot line, but I think it was just another example of Tony’s lack of empathy or his descent into being an even shittier individual than he was before. The scene when Tony meets Hesh to pass on his condolences while returning Hesh’s money really shows Tony is a piece of a shit.

Nickosaur

Can't stop thinking about the finale. I kinda want to start watching it all over again.

b82REZ

I found it a strange plot line, but I think it was just another example of Tony’s lack of empathy or his descent into being an even shittier individual than he was before. The scene when Tony meets Hesh to pass on his condolences while returning Hesh’s money really shows Tony is a piece of a shit.
This is what it was supposed to show.

By this point Tony had become a complete narcissist to the point he no longer cared or respected arguably his and dads most trusted advisor.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
It's probably been said already, can't be bothered to check but the actors who played Christopher & Bobby have started a podcast where each episode will correspond to an episode of the show, start to finish. Really interesting so far if you like the show. I listen to it on Spotify and it's called 'Talking Sopranos'.

Roosney

It's probably been said already, can't be bothered to check but the actors who played Christopher & Bobby have started a podcast where each episode will correspond to an episode of the show, start to finish. Really interesting so far if you like the show. I listen to it on Spotify and it's called 'Talking Sopranos'.
Nice, thanks.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I thought it was Big Pussy

Nickosaur

Nice!

Gazza

My favorite Chris scene is when he is at the wake for Tony's mother, high af on the couch with Adriana, talking about how nobody knows for sure that there are no two people exactly alike, and that there could be another Livia Soprano "without the same fears and paranoias". And then the way he just trails off into a stupefied haze at the end. :lol: I haven't seen many actors play being stoned as well as Imperioli.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
My favorite Chris scene is when he is at the wake for Tony's mother, high af on the couch with Adriana, talking about how nobody knows for sure that there are no two people exactly alike, and that there could be another Livia Soprano "without the same fears and paranoias". And then the way he just trails off into a stupefied haze at the end. :lol: I haven't seen many actors play being stoned as well as Imperioli.
That entire episode is gold.

Melbourne Red

Still hasn't given Rain Dog another chance
Supports
Liverpool
Skimmed through these podcasts and they're a bit shit aren't they? A lot of unfocussed waffle from what I've seen so far, happy to be told otherwise.

Gazza

Skimmed through these podcasts and they're a bit shit aren't they? A lot of unfocussed waffle from what I've seen so far, happy to be told otherwise.
It’s good when Imperioli drops some trivia or background about the episode; I find Bobby Bacala to be a bit of a bore on the podcast, though.

Nickosaur

I'm unsure at the moment. On episode 3, and I think they are still getting into the swing of it. I'll keep going - quite enjoying listening while working from home.
It’s good when Imperioli drops some trivia or background about the episode; I find Bobby Bacala to be a bit of a bore on the podcast, though.
Yeah Michael is great - Bobby doesn't have the knowledge but you can tell he's a big fan, and doesn't seem to be interrupting quite as often as he did in the first few eps.

Gazza

I'm unsure at the moment. On episode 3, and I think they are still getting into the swing of it. I'll keep going - quite enjoying listening while working from home.

Yeah Michael is great - Bobby doesn't have the knowledge but you can tell he's a big fan, and doesn't seem to be interrupting quite as often as he did in the first few eps.
He is lovable but not the most insightful. They had the guy who played AJ on the show and Bobby seemed most interested in finding out which celebrities AJ had had relationships with rather than discussing the show. Maybe he’s improved though

Melbourne Red

Still hasn't given Rain Dog another chance
Supports
Liverpool
Such a great show. Might need to give this another re-watch. Don't think I've watched since it's original run.
I'm rewatching it and it's been amazing. Really appreciating the depth of human drama and psychological insight in a new way. feck knows what I thought I was watching when I was young.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

my favourite character. Really loved him in the show.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Really is the best show ever. This and the wire are just flawless. Will never be topped.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink

Yeah I find it interesting enough just to get some background info and behind the scenes stories, and I'll no doubt listen to every single episode but they are both a bit comical at times. I feel like Michael is so painfully close to the character of Christopher, yet he doesn't realize it (like a fat girl being cast as 'the fat girl') and it's a bit uncomfortable to listen to. He draws links between literally any two things in the show that has no real meaning and Bobby sits there saying 'Wow.. amazing' like they both think something really profound has been uncovered. Bobby also thinks he's being insightful every time he repeats 'nothing is there by accident'. What would be awesome is a similar podcast that goes episode by episode but with David Chase and whatever writer featured in said episode.

Roosney

I have two things bothering me about the show:
1. Who's the ghost / old man seen in the background at Livia's wake.
2. The psychic knowing about the poison ivy stings Paulie got while killing that mobster in the woods

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Mad how me asking if I should watch this in 2009 became the official Sopranos thread.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Really is the best show ever. This and the wire are just flawless. Will never be topped.
HBO in the early 2000s was killing it. They've been a bit underwhelming lately. True Detective 1st season was awesome but the rest has been somewhat meh. Not GOAT material like The Wire & Sopranos.

Zen

Yeah I find it interesting enough just to get some background info and behind the scenes stories, and I'll no doubt listen to every single episode but they are both a bit comical at times. I feel like Michael is so painfully close to the character of Christopher, yet he doesn't realize it (like a fat girl being cast as 'the fat girl') and it's a bit uncomfortable to listen to. He draws links between literally any two things in the show that has no real meaning and Bobby sits there saying 'Wow.. amazing' like they both think something really profound has been uncovered. Bobby also thinks he's being insightful every time he repeats 'nothing is there by accident'. What would be awesome is a similar podcast that goes episode by episode but with David Chase and whatever writer featured in said episode.
Chase and Bogdanovic - make it happen.

They did the thing on a DVD set. Two film historians chinwagging.