Television The Sopranos

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
I don't get what the underlined means. Surely the bolded bit would only apply here if the thread title was 'what did you think of the Sopranos finale' - that way, nobody who hadn't seen it would come in.
Spoilers are used for speculation on future episodes. Since the Sopranos has been aired and has already happened, then there is no need to spoiler something that has already been aired, especially something 7 years ago. I saw this thread pop up so many times when I was watching it, but I knew it was sensible to not go in it.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Spoilers are used for speculation on future episodes. Since the Sopranos has been aired and has already happened, then there is no need to spoiler something that has already been aired, especially something 7 years ago. I saw this thread pop up so many times when I was watching it, but I knew it was sensible to not go in it.
Well, their most common use across the internet includes stuff which has aired but people are just wary of spoiling it for others.

Fair enough if it's not part of the RedCafe rules, but I don't know why people don't spoiler just incase. It's not difficult to do. People have definitely come in this thread who haven't watched/finished Sopranos - Revan for one. I mean, the whole point of this thread from the start was to ask whether it's worth watching and not to talk about it generally.

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."
My Sister goes one step further than posting important details on the Caf on tv series' without spoilering it. She posts on FB as she's watchin something live & has ruined so many folks evenings, where folk are out & about & have it Sky Plus'd for watchin later. Those posts are hard to avoid as they just pop-up randomly when you're on FB...

Sally Cinnamon

If I was in the wire thread, where there's comparisons with sopranos, I'd definitely spoiler a post if it had anything to with the sopranos. Or if it was in the 'recommend me a tv show thread' I'd spoiler anything if I was talking about what happened in a show.

It's been this way on the caf for ages now. If the thread title is the name of a TV show, don't go into it if you don't want anything spoiled.

Spoiling on Facebook definitely is taking it to a whole new level though :lol:

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
I still don't know what the point was in having Meadow take about fifty attempts to park her car.
She's a woman, and the show wanted it to be realistic.

Well, their most common use across the internet includes stuff which has aired but people are just wary of spoiling it for others.

Fair enough if it's not part of the RedCafe rules, but I don't know why people don't spoiler just incase. It's not difficult to do. People have definitely come in this thread who haven't watched/finished Sopranos - Revan for one. I mean, the whole point of this thread from the start was to ask whether it's worth watching and not to talk about it generally.
Because it's annoying to unfold all the spoilers. It's pointless as well, seeing as everyone (except you, apparently) know how it's done. People know that if they haven't watched the latest episode of whatever show, they should be careful when entering the thread. If you want to know whether a show is worth watching there's a separate thread for that. It used to be the way you want it to be, but it was a complete mess.

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire

Interval

Level
Yep. The idea that it represents the attempts on Tony's life makes sense too.
Well, the guy who supposedly shot Tony went to the bathroom to his right (possibly to take the shot). So if Meadow had parked in time, she would have had to sit to the empty seat to Tony's right (only one open in the booth). Hence the assassin would not have had an open shot.

Interval

Level
Glad to read some sanity on this debate.

Im actually beginning to develop a severe dislike for BB due to fans of it telling me its the bestest thing ever.

I know television as a medium is a very subjective thing but there are 7 or 8 shows that blow BB out of the water.

The offense people take to me even saying that is hilarious. I then ask them have they watched the rest of the shows and the answer is invariably no!!!
Don't think its that easy, Deco. While depth is an important parameter in judging TV/ movies, so is excitement. BB packed way too much action and drama in its short seasons than either two did. Which is why it is the more appreciated of the three by populace as a whole.

BigDunc9

Supports
Everton
I do love the Sopranos and it is probably my 3rd favourite t.v show but did anyone find the new 'villain' each season tiresome ?

Irish-Red-7

I do love the Sopranos and it is probably my 3rd favourite t.v show but did anyone find the new 'villain' each season tiresome ?
Nah not really,

Brilliant towards the end with Johnny Sack and then Phil Leotardo.. Running NY.

Hated yer man in it tho, feech la mana and Richie Aprille. Richie should've been whacked much earlier in it.

TheShedEnd

Anti-Football WUM
Supports
Chelsea
Best TV show of all time, and yes, it's alot better than The Wire.

BigDunc9

Supports
Everton
Nah not really,

Brilliant towards the end with Johnny Sack and then Phil Leotardo.. Running NY.

Hated yer man in it tho, feech la mana and Richie Aprille. Richie should've been whacked much earlier in it.
I actually loved the actual characters they introduced but it just felt like the same old thing each season. Same as Boardwalk but The Sopranos writing is another level.

Trizy

Just started rewatching t his after a couple of years, dunno why I stopped I was hooked! Just started the second episode of season 3 yesterdy and my god what a boring fecking episode the one where his mother dies (surely I don't have to spoiler an old tv show?) delighted all the same because every time she was in a scene I just wanted to punch her in the face, hideous woman with voice to boot.

Anyway, looking forward to getting back into it.

BigDunc9

Supports
Everton
Just started rewatching t his after a couple of years, dunno why I stopped I was hooked! Just started the second episode of season 3 yesterdy and my god what a boring fecking episode the one where his mother dies (surely I don't have to spoiler an old tv show?) delighted all the same because every time she was in a scene I just wanted to punch her in the face, hideous woman with voice to boot.

Anyway, looking forward to getting back into it.
I love Christopher's speech at the funeral though if that is the same episode. Christopher is a brilliant character and he actually reminds me a lot of someone i know.

Trizy

I love Christopher's speech at the funeral though if that is the same episode. Christopher is a brilliant character and he actually reminds me a lot of someone i know.
Ya, he gave a speech about there's no proof that no two people are the same, looks, fingerprints..etc

Loublaze

ATLien
The Wire, easily. And a whole bunch of other shows.
I prefer Sopranos by far, and Breaking Bad, and Oz, and Six Feet under, and Game of thrones, and the Walking Dead, and Prison Break and a shitload of other shows

Zen

On Don't Stop Believing - nope....the biggest culprit was actually Scrubs reruns, it was quite big again before Glee touched it. Sopranos helped.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
AJ Soprano might be my most hated TV character ever. Such a whiny bitch with no redeeming features I can think of.

Has the actor who played him done anything since? I've seem most to the others in stuff but not him.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
AJ Soprano might be my most hated TV character ever. Such a whiny bitch with no redeeming features I can think of.

Has the actor who played him done anything since? I've seem most to the others in stuff but not him.
Him and Walt Cornflake Jr should do a season of true detective.

Irish-Red-7

Indeed. Meadow on the other hand had a few features that I liked about her.. :D

Irrational.

Just finished watching the entire 6 seasons in a couple of weeks.

What fantastic TV, and Tony Soprano is quite possibly one of the best characters in any TV show, ever. RIP James Gandolfini.

I also quite liked how the ending was left open to interpretation.

Him and Walt Cornflake Jr should do a season of true detective.
:lol::lol::lol:

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff

We used to do this but the new younger influx over the last few years found it too much effort to be courteous to the point policing it became too hard so we changed the rules.