Television The Sopranos

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Some of the scenes like with the football coach and the girl he was molesting, I don't think they were particularly acted out greatly but the acting and the story line from the main characters was immense. It's not a perfect show but no show is.

On a side note, anyone know where I can purchase 'capocollo' or gabagool? I tried similar meats and I absolutely loved them. Since it is always mentioned in the show, I'd like to see what the fuss is all about. Cannoli and sfogliatelle I'd also like to try.
You can’t get capicola where you live? That’s a shame, the good stuff is right up there with prosciutto.

Tarrou

me and the Mrs were having a discussion the other day about what was the saddest thing to happen in the series

she went for Adriana getting whacked
mine was Tony killing Chris

so many heart-wrenching moments though when you think about it

What's yours?

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
What you mean?
Well they can’t put tents up with just poles and a tent top due to Covid that show gogo girls to the public can they? So the tent canvas goes from top to bottom.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
me and the Mrs were having a discussion the other day about what was the saddest thing to happen in the series

What's yours?
Human - Bobby Bacala
Non-human - Pie-Oh-My (followed by that little rat dog)

Roosney

What's yours?
I always felt bad for all those who end up committing suicide because of getting extorted and skimmed by Tony and the boys.

Also Anthony Junior's arch is saddening.

Red_Aaron

What's yours?
Ralphie killing tracee hands down for me, I remember it really hitting me first time around and I've rewatched it a couple of times since and it's still just as powerful

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Johnny Sack’s final moments were pretty sad.

R.E.D.

When Tony talked to Junior for the last time I think was the saddest for me. A close second was when Tony asked Junior don't you love me? I just loved the chemistry between them.

2cents

Scout
Chris was just a sad sad person:

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Ralphie killing tracee hands down for me, I remember it really hitting me first time around and I've rewatched it a couple of times since and it's still just as powerful
Just rewatched that on Saturday. The 180 Ralphie does while talking to her is sinister. I think their verbal dialogue was actually more gut punching than the brutal physicality of her being murdered by him.

Red_Aaron

Just rewatched that on Saturday. The 180 Ralphie does while talking to her is sinister. I think their verbal dialogue was actually more gut punching than the brutal physicality of her being murdered by him.
Yeah, the episode does a great job of showing how vulnerable tracee is and her attempts to be kind to these people despite being exploited by them. Ralphies mocking of her at the end was gut wrenching and the brutality was really a step up for him in the show, up to that point he'd been a smart arse more than anything but his sadistic side is exposed at this point. An absolute bastard of a character, my favourite villain of the whole show

It's testament to the quality of the show that something so awful can be delivered so brilliantly, I both hate and love the episode

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Tony B failing to get out of the life was a well portrayed sad storyline.

Christopher’s entire arc is sad and everything about it was perfection.

The Mercedes saleswoman was another one, serious mental health issues but seemingly doing ok with her life after however long working with Melfi, and Tony just destroys her for the sake of getting laid even after Melfi warns him.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

Ralphie was the ultimate troll. Such an amazing villain, total sociopath.

2cents

Scout
If there’s one thing my father taught me it’s this - a pint of blood costs more than a gallon of gold.

Parma Dewol

What with the lockdowns and the dark evenings, we've decided to revisit some of our favourite shows from the past. Currently have The West Wing and The Sopranos on the go, and they're both terrific. What sets the Sopranos apart, from most other shows, is that it starts quite good and then just builds and builds and builds.

Finished Season 3 last night and the three episodes at the end, Pine Barrens, Amour Fou and Army of One, are just incredible. So much happens, to so many characters, and it's utterly absorbing. Chrissy and Paulie both get the hump, AJ's starting his downward spiral, Meadow's on edge, Uncle Jun thinks he's beaten cancer and the can, Gloria's having a full-on meltdown, Carm reckons she can live a more frugal life, and on top of that there's Jackie Junior getting it all wrong. Even Furio gets shot and slips on the ice!

As for the saddest moment, Rosalie breaking down at Jackie's funeral has to be up there. She always comes across as a loving mum and all-round nice person in the show, and oh man it pierces the heart when she screams at the burial.

We live in a golden age of TV, but The Sopranos for me still stands head and shoulders above everything else. Can't wait to start Season 4.

Last edited:

Paxi

Find this hilarious. I've no idea how Tony made the connection between shaving off eyebrows to sniffing poppers and having weird sex with his teacher.

So many random moments like this in the show where I just end up laughing out loud.

Paxi

I howled at this. "Its over for the little guy" :lol:

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Just watched the episode of Livia's funeral. Janice is such a dose.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I’ve tried to get into it about 5 times now but the first few episodes do nothing for me. Annoying because it should be right up my street, including the late 90s/early 00s vibe.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
I’ve tried to get into it about 5 times now but the first few episodes do nothing for me. Annoying because it should be right up my street, including the late 90s/early 00s vibe.
I do this with Breaking Bad I know exactly what you mean. I will keep at it and do it one day.

Sopranos is amazing though even loved it from hearing the intro music the first time.

acnumber9

I both envy those who haven’t seen the Sopranos yet and look down on them for their failure to do so.

acnumber9

How does it stand up 20 years later?

Watched it the first time round. Be good to watch it again, although I’m not sure where it can be streamed.
It’s timeless for me. But then I have the love for it from when it was still airing so it’s easy for me to say. I don’t see why it would age though. It wasn’t dependant on knowing the era, or dated by effects. One awful scene with his mother aside, which was terrible at the time too. A show like The Sopranos should be ageless. Nobody has done it better since. It’s on Sky box sets or Now TV if you have either.